mparthur:

Episodes 25 & 26

When CX tries to kiss XY.  You just feel for his emotion.

This scene is the best love scene in the season for me. The transition from the desire as a lover to family affection and finally shyness of pure love is just perfection

Sakan:

This scene is the best love scene in the season for me. The transition from the desire as a lover to family affection and finally shyness of pure love is just perfection

He acted well in that scene.  His love for XY knows no boundary but is constrained by his lack of power and money.

His grandfather admired him.

In Episode 39, the old Yellow Emperor admitted to Xiao Yao that he knew about CX's secret army.  He said if CX seized the throne using the secret army, the latter was definitely like him.  But, he never did so CX was far more magnanimous compared to him.

We'll see more of CX and his scenes in Season 2.  

ZWY dominates the drama with his performance, TBH.  He is the best actor in this drama.

mparthur:

He acted well in that scene.  His love for XY knows no boundary but is constrained by his lack of power and money.

His grandfather admired him.

In Episode 30, the old Yellow Emperor admitted to Xiao Yao that he knew about CX's secret army.  He said if CX seized the throne using the secret army, the latter was definitely like him.  But, he never did so CX was far more magnanimous compared to him.

We'll see more of CX and his scenes in Season 2.  

ZWY dominates the drama with his performance, TBH.  He is the best actor in this drama.

I was too caught up with XL and TSJ, but CX’s character really grew on me midway through the series. That scene where he realizes XY’s true identity and tries to calm her down when she thought the consort was her mother was amazing. I can see why ppl praise the actor, he really brought CX to life and you cannot help but sympathize with his character. The emotions and angst between CX and XY was done beautifully, the actors have great chemistry!

I’ve only read snippets of the novel and oh boy, I feel myself jumping ships all the time lol. CX has his flaws but his love for XY ran deep. It’s tragic that he chose the path of no return and lost her in the process, makes you wonder what it would he like if they grew up happily. 

For those who read the novel and ending where XY leaves with TSJ, what did the grand emperor mean when he said that if CX finds out XY isn’t there anymore that he would be furious? Did CX truly let go of her or did he expect her to still live close by even if she is married to someone else? I felt bad for him.

Episode 32

CX cried when he saw XY taking a nap next to TSJ.  

His joy and relief on seeing her alive.

It was a decent scene.

Episode 33

CX was jealous of TSJ at the dinner table.  He told XY to pack her stuff and return home with him.  So funny.

Another scene where XY wiped the blood off TSJ's mouth.  CX looked devastated!

mparthur:

Episode 32

CX cried when he saw XY taking a nap next to TSJ.  

His joy and relief on seeing her alive.

It was a decent scene.

He was so happy to have her back but he felt hurt too because he wasn't the first person she thought of.  😭😭

mparthur:

Episode 33

CX was jealous of TSJ at the dinner table.  He told XY to pack her stuff and return home with him.  So funny.

Another scene where XY wiped the blood off TSJ's mouth.  CX looked devastated!

My heart broke for CX. 💔💔 Can you imagine how hurtful it is to witness the love of your life being tender with someone else? 😭😭💔💔 Oh the pain of unrequited love hits hard.

Episode 31
Chang Xuan's thirst for revenge following Xiao Yao's assassination can be depicted by this song:

Sia - Unstoppable
https://youtu.be/7-p1rfsusAk

I think episode 14 is still my favorite episode of him so far. I mean, he's great in every single one of his scenes and nails every single one of them, but the scene of him walking toward XY's room after finding out her real identity, while remembering every single cruel thing he's inflicted on her while she saved his life multiple times, even going as far as using her body as a shield in order to protect him... 

Every breath, every step... dripped off regret... even the atmosphere around him was drunken deep in sorrow and regret... the look in his eyes as he used his spiritual energy to heal her... and when he finally worked up the courage to look her in the eyes to ask if she was hurting... 

This scene touched me.

Coming back here to say that I feel robbed of all the novel scenes between CX and XY after reading the leaked script. I will never be over it 😭 it really watered down the immensity of his love and attachment just to show him as a “good” male lead and not a morally grey one

Re watching episode one ... man, Kid CX is an amazing actor.

Sssnoopyyy:

Coming back here to say that I feel robbed of all the novel scenes between CX and XY after reading the leaked script. I will never be over it ? it really watered down the immensity of his love and attachment just to show him as a “good” male lead and not a morally grey one

Keeping all our body parts crossed it isn't so!