chen358:

does anyone know why Tan Jianci (XL/FFB) is considered a "special starring actor" in the show. Like I understand that Yang Zi gets her own section for starring: Yang Zi then all the other actors are shown after hers, but Tan Jianci is completely separate from Yang Zi's and the other actors. Like if you watch S1 the intro song, and pay attention to the text it will show his name separately

Also why can't I add images, like if I took a ss why can't I post it here why doe it have to be from a link

It's a billing / payment thing.  As I understand it, he got paid more than everyone other than Yang Zi, and 'special starring actor' is a 'higher' billing status that acknowledges he is a more recognized actor?  You see it in Western shows and movies, when they have a big name star playing a smaller or supporting role.

Photos are larger files, comparatively, so it costs to host them on a forum.  So, you have to host them on another site and can link them from that site.

Sabinaliu:
I love Xiang Liu .Can someone answer please daes She even loved him once? Or maybe writer wrote something like in the book? Do you know? I feel that Xia yao loved Xiang Liu but never told anyone even herself ?

You'll get a debate on this, but the answer for me in the Lovers Bug.  It's name and purpose and requirements make clear that only two people who love each other share the Lovers Bug, so, of course, XY loves XL.  The fact that the Lovers Bugs never turn on them and become the Heartbreak Bug, and kill them, says she never stopped loving XL.

tarochanx3:

I think it's heavily implied that she does love him, but because of who they are it can never be spoken because when spoken it becomes reality..making abandonment possible.  XY will never be the first one to say it. In the most recent episode XL asks "who do you want to marry?" and XY said "Ye Shi Qi." Then XL asks "who do you want to spend your life with?" and at this point XY refuses to answer because either her brain is blocking her heart from speaking the truth or she truly doesn't want to admit it cause her love for XL is so hidden. But based on that, it's pretty obvious that she does love XL. To her marrying vs loving someone are 2 different things (she was just about to marry FL), if she wanted to spend her life with Ye Shi Qi then why fight it and not answer?

He actually asks if she is WILLING to marry and gives her 3 different manes, not who she WANTS to marry.  But he does ask who she wants to spend her life with, and doesn't give her a name.  I wonder what would have happened had he asked if she wanted to spend her life with Xiang Liu or FFB?

So, apparently, AH has secretly made it to weibo, and allegedly there's a hashtag or hot search #XiangLiuOOC trending there.  :)

Here's a twitter thread:

https://x.com/jeeneeewoo/status/1810699326995546538

Kokuto:

So, apparently, AH has secretly made it to weibo, and allegedly there's a hashtag or hot search #XiangLiuOOC trending there.  :)

Here's a twitter thread:

https://x.com/jeeneeewoo/status/1810699326995546538 

My god Kokuto don't scare me like that! ^^"

Edit: Just minding my own business checking the thread and then thinking that it happened. The international fanwar came for me.

AH :

Edit: Just minding my own business checking the thread and then thinking that it happened. The international fanwar came for me.

LOL!  It had your fingerprints on it.  I was like ...

AH :

Ah is that your Twitter handle?

It seems a fair amount of the posts on that "相柳 ooc" hashtag seems to be users who don't even understand what "ooc" meant, which is unfortunate since them riding on the hashtag only makes it even more viral. A lot of fandom wars going on as well - FL fans accusing XL / FFB of being cruel to her due to the wedding robbery scene (sounds more like a kneejerk reaction to the drama or those who don't read the novel or read but don't understand) and XL / TJC fans defending him; book fans who felt that XL's characterisation deviates from the novel (agree to a certain extent - but I blame that more on the script than the performance). There are attacks on TJC's performance but I disagree - in these 6 episodes aired to date, he has consistently delivered a strong performance that convinces me of the emotions portrayed, which makes me ache for his character even when I don't necessarily agree the direction of the script. 

I find a similar trend here actually. I don't know whether it's because I have read the script so much earlier and was more "prepared" for what is coming, so I am far less upset (?). I find things to love about the drama so far, and the pacing works for me because it sets the stage for what is to come... and I actually am happy when a scene translates better on screen than it did on paper (which was the case in the first 4 episodes), I am more on the fence with Eps 5 and 6, but more because of the changes I pointed out - the details on the crystal globe and the removal of the glowing bugs after the 4th question, and the loss of opportunity to improve on the problems with the script here including what she said to A Nian, though the robes she wore and her own reactions to the snow on the ocean tells us exactly whom she was waiting for and why. 

And while this is not a popular opinion, I love the Chi Chen song as well as its delivery. From the novel, we do know he plays the qin and xiao, and sings. They removed Sir Bi, so there is little meaning to adding the song, if it is not sung to Xiao Yao, especially since it is a love song, more so that it was her parents'. I am glad that he got to sing it to her, even if it was just in the name of showing her how a qin should be played, because it is an echo of how he feels for her, but could never act on it, and could not allow himself to want her to put him in her heart, knowing the pain it would cause her. 

Kokuto:

LOL!  It had your fingerprints on it.  I was like ...

Lol, I do agree with it. 

But mostly I'm just relieved it wasn't a long thread full of screencaps of my old comments flaming all my worst takes. 

She didn't even know Xiang Liu played the flute and the zither with Sir Bi!!

liddi:
Ah is that your Twitter handle?

Lol, no. I'm not on it. 

Before I checked the link I thought Kokuto was saying people were roasting my MDL comments on twitter and weibo. 

liddi:
It seems a fair amount of the posts on that "相柳 ooc" hashtag seems to be users who don't even understand what "ooc" meant, which is unfortunate since them riding on the hashtag only makes it even more viral.

Maybe younger fans? That term used to be universally known in online fandom spaces. Especially fanfic platforms.

AH :

Lol, I do agree with it. 

But mostly I'm just relieved it wasn't a long thread full of screencaps of my old comments flaming all my worst takes. 

She didn't even know Xiang Liu played the flute and the zither with Sir Bi!!

LOL!  Not at all.  It's reassuring that you don't have a photographic and complete memory of LYF.  ;p

Oh, no!  We wouldn't that stand at all.  It was just fun to hear others voice some of your same opinions.  If it were me, I'd be doing The Vindication Dance.  lol

windiaaa041293:

♥️

Thank you!

Looking at these pics, the merman is diving right at her.  But it looks like he has long black hair?  The blob part, appears to be his right hand and sleeve, both in white.

Kokuto:
It's reassuring that you don't have a photographic and complete memory of LYF.  ;p

If only!

Kokuto:
It was just fun to hear others voice some of your same opinions.  If it were me, I'd be doing The Vindication Dance.  lol

Being salty about things in the drama not matching up perfectly to the novel isn't a good way to watch. I don't wish The Grumpiness on any other fans. But it is a little comforting to know I'm not the only one who feels that way. 

liddi:
It seems a fair amount of the posts on that "相柳 ooc" hashtag seems to be users who don't even understand what "ooc" meant, which is unfortunate since them riding on the hashtag only makes it even more viral. A lot of fandom wars going on as well - FL fans accusing XL / FFB of being cruel to her due to the wedding robbery scene (sounds more like a kneejerk reaction to the drama or those who don't read the novel or read but don't understand) and XL / TJC fans defending him; book fans who felt that XL's characterisation deviates from the novel (agree to a certain extent - but I blame that more on the script than the performance).

If they don't understand what OOC means, they are either marketing, bots, water armies, or haters.  It's a legitimate argument / discussion, which we've had here, but whether folks like it, or not, or just tolerate it, is a matter of preference.

I tend think the hashtag started out as a way to drag Tan Jian Ci, but got turned in to something positive for him and the role, by people who only know drama XL or his fans.  Yes, there is alot of ... agitation about LYF amongst the fandoms and the rival platforms.  I think it's gone pretty well, so far, all things considered.

Of course, the abuse complaint, again.  Completely blind to what is going on in the story.

AH :

If only!

Being salty about things in the drama not matching up perfectly to the novel isn't a good way to watch. I don't wish The Grumpiness on any other fans. But it is a little comforting to know I'm not the only one who feels that way. 

You are not alone! :)

I'm sorry if it impinges on your drama viewing, and understand.  But we all have our various reasons for The Grumpiness (I desperately want to plant a brick on Jing's crying face), but it's okay.  I get so much more heartbreak joy from the show, it's worth being grumpy every once in a while.

Taspia:

How many times will this drama break my heart and how many times will I cry

COUNTLESS