H19279:
Great work!Thank you for collecting the data. should it be placed in. separate thread 

Feel free to create a separate thread...or liddi can do it :)

solarlunareclipse:

Lol, I thought you guys were YaoJing fans since XY doesn't deserve XL, but YaoJing's psychological deficiencies complement each other.  My bad (*^ ‿ ⁢*)♡

The most reliable way is to search Google for each individual Episode (1-20). For example, you can use the following to search for Episode 3:

site: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever/110123-xl-and-xy-story-and-romance-warning-spoilers liddi "Leaked script Ep3"

I compiled a list of the results I got below. vvvvvvv

Yes, I've been using the domain search on Google.

Thank you for compiling the list of everything liddi translated.  Nice to have it all together.

What I'm looking for is the link for downloading the entire Mandarin leaked script.  I'm pretty sure it was posted here.

Kokuto:
What I'm looking for is the link for downloading the entire Mandarin leaked script.  I'm pretty sure it was posted here.

I searched for "长相思剧本" but only found video formats of the script on douyin and bilibili. 

I just purchased the electronic versions of Seasons 1 & 2 of the script from this Taobao listing: https://www.taobao.com/list/item/734236180291.htm

It was a little annoying to set up a Taobao account and check out, but not horribly bad.

I used the "send a message to the seller" feature during checkout to tell the seller which email address to send the scripts to. To be safe, I used a yahoo email address because I read that gmail is blocked in China, although I imagine the seller could just use a VPN to unblock it.

Links to download the scripts and book were delivered to my email address a couple of minutes after I ordered. The scripts were in pdf format and the book was in txt format.

Random question.

In Episode 3 of the drama, when WXL first met XL and ran away, did she run in a loop back to the original spot she started from? It sort of looks like it, but I can't tell for sure.

https://youtu.be/tfaJIQF69aM?si=eXZpL24vxppsW5sF&t=1725

solarlunareclipse:

Random question.

In Episode 3 of the drama, when WXL first met XL and ran away, did she run in a loop back to the original spot she started from? It sort of looks like it, but I can't tell for sure.

https://youtu.be/tfaJIQF69aM?si=eXZpL24vxppsW5sF&t=1725

Yes ... in the drama, she walked into a maze formation set up by XL.

Kokuto:

LOL!  Pay for our therapy indeed.

It's just a trailer.  I'm sure XL will have more to do.

Sadly, we know how it will end.

I hope there will  be some changes regarding XL

Kokuto:

Sorry for the late reply! Life has been extremely crazy lately.

I think someone made a thread previously and posted the link, but I can't seem to see it anywhere anymore. Prior to that, I used to read off Weibo where someone shared it over a series of posts but the 6 month limit on Weibo has made her posts unavailable too.

Looks like Taobao is the way to go (thanks @solarlunareclipse). I don't seem to see it shared anywhere else either. I just need to figure out how to purchase it - would love to read the script for S1.

Ok so I’m late to the party and literally just found out about these leaked scripts, and am shocked/disappointed.  Apologies in advance for my rant. I have seen other drama leaked scripts before so these ones sound pretty legit, and I am not sure if I want to even watch anymore. I read the novel after watching S1 and was really happy at the time because they were able to remain as faithful as they could to the original. But S2 does not sound like what I was expecting - and perhaps explains why there are only 23 eps. I know adaptations have limitations and cannot follow the original 100% but really??? They took out some of the best scenes and the changes completely shift all of the development we got in S1. It waters down all the characters and relationships.

If I didn’t read the novel, then it wouldn’t be a big deal, but 😫😫😫 I have no words. I was looking to CX’s development, and the action packed scenes, assassinations, XY seeing her mom for the last time, but now I don’’t know. Was there a link to the script for the last ep? From the comments it looks like Ah Nian and CX narrate the ending? That is odd…it doesn’t feel like it lives up to the “lost you forever” theme.

I did read some comments here about Ah Nian and I gotta say I wish she had it better, her life since birth just seems like a joke. Her name came from her father missing Ah Heng (he married the consort only because she was a doppelganger) and CX’s affection and care all stem from his love for XY. I wish she married someone else (I actually shipped her with RS, and WXL - if WXL were a man haha). Question is - did she know he didn’t love her and loved XY? I dont recall she knew any of this and just married him because she believe she would be happier with him than without.

@all,

It seems that the notification for the thread is working again

H19279:

@all,

It seems that the notification for the thread is working again

Yaaaaay!

Sssnoopyyy:
Was there a link to the script for the last ep?

Are you referring to the original Chinese script, or my translation?

For my translation, I don't think it was added in the links that were shared earlier. The following is the finale which I translated (well, summarised) with Cang Xuan and A Nian back in Qingshui Town, looking for but not meeting Xiao Yao - at least not in a form they recognise.

Leaked script Ep20 scenes 19-24 CX confesses his love, XY married, depart for Qingshui town

Please note that the tentative episode numbering of the finale (Ep20) was based on what was originally shared on Weibo - the poster's best guess as to how S2 would air. Seeing we are told S2 will have 21 episodes, clearly this is not quite accurate anymore but it is still in line with how the leaked script broke up the episodes.

Sssnoopyyy:
But S2 does not sound like what I was expecting - and perhaps explains why there are only 23 eps. I know adaptations have limitations and cannot follow the original 100% but really??? They took out some of the best scenes and the changes completely shift all of the development we got in S1. It waters down all the characters and relationships.

Yes agreed. S1 on the whole, was a good adaptation overall - even adding scenes which added to the story, though some of the interpretations and omissions in some scenes detract away from the source material.

Many of the changes in the S2 leaked script are frustrating to read, exactly due to the reasons you cited. I only hope and pray even at this 11th hour, that when it does air, all the concerns we had from the leaked script are miraculously fixed, though at the moment, just based on the trailer alone, it appears that the drama and the script are still pretty similar. There are additions that I love from the leaked script - the scene in the gambling den when they ask each other questions based on the roll of the die,  Shao Hao's willingness to ensure Fangfeng Bei married Xiao Yao after he took her from her wedding, the additional scenes with Hong Jiang and the Shen Nong resistance army, the POV of both the Shen Nong army who surrendered, and those continued to resist, Xiang Liu in his true form during the final battle.  But if the overall changes are true, they take away Cang Xuan's character growth after his terrible mistake, reduce everything Xiang Liu did for Xiao Yao down to just teaching her to protect herself... the list goes on. It's frustrating and a travesty.

Sssnoopyyy:
Question is - did she know he didn’t love her and loved XY? I dont recall she knew any of this and just married him because she believe she would be happier with him than without.

She definitely knew that he did not love her romantically, but by the end of it, she did not care. Per the script, she knew she would be miserable without him, so she was willing to make do with what little he could give her as his empress, even if it made him unhappy to marry her. I think she always knew that Xiao Yao held a place in his heart no one else could ever hope to touch or replace. Whether or not she was aware he loved her romantically was never explicitly stated, at least not that I can recall, be it in the novel or the script (anyone, do correct me if I am wrong). But she also knew that Xiao Yao did not see him as anyone else except her closest, most beloved brother. 

Sssnoopyyy:
I did read some comments here about Ah Nian and I gotta say I wish she had it better, her life since birth just seems like a joke. Her name came from her father missing Ah Heng (he married the consort only because she was a doppelganger) and CX’s affection and care all stem from his love for XY.

To be fair, I don't believe Shao Hao loved her as a replacement for Xiao Yao. She was his daughter, his own flesh and blood, and he loved her dearly. The script has a scene where he asked her again whether she truly wanted to marry Cang Xuan, and his willingness to cancel the wedding for her even if it threw the Great Wilderness into chaos again. Having almost finished reading Once Promised, I can say that Shao Hao (and the old Xuan Yuan king) well and truly redeemed themselves in the later part of their lives after all the terrible things they did in their heyday:

Leaked script Ep16 scene 2 - before A Nian's wedding

Sssnoopyyy:
I read the novel after watching S1 and was really happy at the time because they were able to remain as faithful as they could to the original. But S2 does not sound like what I was expecting - and perhaps explains why there are only 23 eps. I know adaptations have limitations and cannot follow the original 100% but really??? They took out some of the best scenes and the changes completely shift all of the development we got in S1. It waters down all the characters and relationships.

That's what I don't understand.  How do you follow the novel in the first part, and then run off the rails  in the second part?  I mean, they were filmed at the same time as a whole.

But as I've said elsewhere, you don't have to read the novel to be annoyed at making CX's actions ... all a dream!  That just sucks.  Why did I watch all these episodes before, cause they NEVER happened???  This is totally jumping the shark.

Not even going to start on them taking out XY and XL in the whirlpool scenes.  Totally screwing XL fans.  

I'll have to see about the rest of the changes.

Sssnoopyyy:
I did read some comments here about Ah Nian and I gotta say I wish she had it better, her life since birth just seems like a joke. Her name came from her father missing Ah Heng (he married the consort only because she was a doppelganger) and CX’s affection and care all stem from his love for XY. I wish she married someone else (I actually shipped her with RS, and WXL - if WXL were a man haha). Question is - did she know he didn’t love her and loved XY? I dont recall she knew any of this and just married him because she believe she would be happier with him than without.

A Nian is my least favorite character.  I just have a hard time getting over her appearance in Qing Shui Town, where she was awful. 

Noooooo!  Not Beloved Ru Shuo!!!  I loved seeing them together, but it's because they were so annoying to each other.  I can't ship them together.  She would make Beloved Ru Shuo's life hell.... more than she does now.  lol

I thought A Nian knew CX didn't love her and loved XY?  

liddi:
Please note that the tentative episode numbering of the finale (Ep20) was based on what was originally shared on Weibo - the poster's best guess as to how S2 would air. Seeing we are told S2 will have 21 episodes, clearly this is not quite accurate anymore but it is still in line with how the leaked script broke up the episodes.

And now some people have said there are going to be 23 episodes.  Not sure how that is going to happen.

liddi:
There are additions that I love from the leaked script - the scene in the gambling den when they ask each other questions based on the roll of the die, Shao Hao's willingness to ensure Fangfeng Bei married Xiao Yao after he took her from her wedding, the additional scenes with Hong Jiang and the Shen Nong resistance army, the POV of both the Shen Nong army who surrendered, and those continued to resist, Xiang Liu in his true form during the final battle.

I agree.  I do love those scenes.  Of course, if they didn't give us a good Hong Jiang scene, I'd have been very very very annoyed, given what a giant sized obstacle he was for XL.

liddi:
She definitely knew that he did not love her romantically, but by the end of it, she did not care. Per the script, she knew she would be miserable without him, so she was willing to make do with what little he could give her as his empress, even if it made him unhappy to marry her. I think she always knew that Xiao Yao held a place in his heart no one else could ever hope to touch or replace. Whether or not she was aware he loved her romantically was never explicitly stated, at least not that I can recall, be it in the novel or the script (anyone, do correct me if I am wrong). But she also knew that Xiao Yao did not see him as anyone else except her closest, most beloved brother.

I'm going to make note of it when I rewatch but I have to say, even though I didn't care for A Nian, I thought CX didn't do her right at all.  But then again, she gave him Haolin, soooo

liddi:
To be fair, I don't believe Shao Hao loved her as a replacement for Xiao Yao. She was his daughter, his own flesh and blood, and he loved her dearly. The script has a scene where he asked her again whether she truly wanted to marry Cang Xuan, and his willingness to cancel the wedding for her even if it threw the Great Wilderness into chaos again. Having almost finished reading Once Promised, I can say that Shao Hao (and the old Xuan Yuan king) well and truly redeemed themselves in the later part of their lives after all the terrible things they did in their heyday:

While I clearly could CX treating A Nian as a replacement for XY, I didn't get that feeling from Daddy Emperor, who I agree, loved her for herself.  That said, I still have problems reconciling the Emperors between the two books.

Belatedly came upon the Lost You Forever 2023 red carpet moment, plushie version on Weibo. It's so adorable - having the plushies recreate iconic scenes in S1, and doing a group photoshoot at the end of it. 

https://x.com/i/status/1806575960227283360

Unsurprisingly, Xiang Liu has the most classic line in that photoshoot moment:

Xiang Liu: How boring, the corals at the bottom of the ocean are more beautiful.
Cang Xuan: This is during Boss Xuan's limited operating hours
Xiao Yao: Xiao Yao misses everyone so much!
Jing: Everyone must be here to see the Young Master of Qing Qiu.
Feng Long: Rather than missing me, why don't you come and meet me instead.

liddi:

Belatedly came upon the Lost You Forever 2023 red carpet moment, plushie version on Weibo. It's so adorable - having the plushies recreate iconic scenes in S1, and doing a group photoshoot at the end of it. 

https://x.com/i/status/1806575960227283360

Unsurprisingly, Xiang Liu has the most classic line in that photoshoot moment:

Xiang Liu: How boring, the corals at the bottom of the ocean are more beautiful.
Cang Xuan: This is during Boss Xuan's limited operating hours
Xiao Yao: Xiao Yao misses everyone so much!
Jing: Everyone must be here to see the Young Master of Qing Qiu.
Feng Long: Rather than missing me, why don't you come and meet me instead.

Cuteness.

Is Jing's iconic scene when he decided to let himself and XY burn to a nice charcoal crisp??? :-)