MySiFeng:

just curious, these men above, they are from Guifang Sect?  I don’t remember this clan was mentioned much in the drama and how they are related to Xiangliu? And I rmbr Bei wore the same mask too…

Good catch on the mask.  XL / FFB wore it when he was taking on assassinations. Interesting ... I wonder what is the connection or meaning?

But I don't think so.  Guifang wasn't a sect, but one of the big four clans, like Tushang.  The only mention was the token that FFB showed the Jintai smith when he commissioned the bow for XY.

Though, the clan leader probably showed up at various events, like the coronation or the wedding of CX.  This guy, I believe, plays him.

Wang Ming Hui as  Gui Fang Shi  

OPEN DISCUSSION:

(6) Xiang Liu’s lovesickness

Xiang Liu kills three eagles with one stone

one

The last time Xiao Yao let him go, there was an interval of four months before Xiang Liu visited Xiang Liu at night. During these four months, Master Xiang Liu had not been idle, stealing maps of granaries and weapons depots. This was a A brilliant strategy to kill three birds with one stone.

Readers of the First Policy all know that Xuanyuan had some secret granaries and weapons depots in the Central Plains, and Xiang Liu had an eye on them. However, if you don’t steal sooner or later, why did you steal it after Xiaoyao let him go last time?

<Xiao Yao said: "I suddenly remembered something my brother told me. I can't play with you today. I'll make up for it another day, okay?"

When Xiang Liu heard these words, maybe his first reaction was just to be angry and let go, but after going back to calm down, combined with the previous test of the relationship between Tu Shanjing and Zhuan Xu during Xiaoyao's lunch break, our wise and powerful Lord Xiang Liu It must have been quickly deduced that Xiaoyao had no choice but to meet Jing in order to help Zhuanxu, and Zhuanxu needed Tushanjing's help in his current situation. From then on, Xiang Liu began to secretly help Zhuan Xu.

Just look at Zhuanxu's attitude towards Xiang Liu's theft of the map, and you will know that this matter is beneficial to Zhuanxu.

<Xiao Yao was silent for a while and asked: "Are you going to tell grandpa?"

"Why should you tell him? If it was really Xiang Liu who sent people to do it, the Shennong Rebel Army is now Cang Lin and Yu Yang's trouble and has nothing to do with me. To a certain extent, the enemy of my enemy is my friend." Xiao Yao felt relieved. >

Speaking of this, I have to sigh with emotion. Zhuanxu regarded Fenglong as his confidant at first, but it was not until he killed Tushan Jing that he realized that Tu Shanjing was the confidant. Unfortunately, he would never know that the first person to recognize pearls with a sharp eye The person is Xiang Liu, and the person who not only spared Zhuan Xu time and time again for Xiao Yao, but also helped him secretly was also Xiang Liu. Xiang Liu is his real Bole!

If only this one thing could be called a coincidence, but Xiang Liu secretly helped each other more than once.

For example, when Zhuan Xu got married for the first time:

<What shocked the Great Wilderness clan the most was the mysterious Ghost Fang clan. This mysterious clan, which should not be offended but has always been outside the Great Wilderness, treated everything with a detached indifference. Plant Huihuncao. When the gift was presented, everyone was silent. Jiu Weizun and Gui Fangshi seemed to be expressing their respect to Zhuanxu. Everyone speculated that Gui Fangshi also chose to support Zhuanxu. >

Tu Shanjing deliberately made Zhuan Xu misunderstand that she was helping him for Xiao Yao, and used her help to Zhuan Xu as a bargaining chip to get Xiao Yao. However, Xiang Liu never let anyone know that he had helped Zhuan Xu. Even many people with God's perspective Readers only know Tu Shanjing but not Xiang Liu.

But, Xiaoyao knew! When Xiang Liu anonymously sent bows and arrows, Xiao Yao guessed that Xiang Liu and Gui Fang had a close relationship. Gui Fang, who had always been aloof, suddenly chose to support Zhuan Xu. Others could not guess the reason, but they knew that Xiang Liu and Gui Fang were It's impossible for Xiaoyao, who is related to the Fang family, not to guess. Xiaoyao's shrewd personality has never failed.

When Xiaoyao speculated on the murderer behind Tu Shanjing's death, he eliminated the clans with real power one by one.

<Ghost Fangshi... Finally, Xiaoyao's eyes stopped on Xiang Liu's name. Xiaoyao traced Xiang Liu's name over and over again with her fingers. Is it you? is it you? >

It can be seen from this place that Xiaoyao has always known that Xiang Liu is related to Guifang.

Some readers thought that Xiaoyao had become stupid, and they didn’t know this or that. They not only underestimated Xiaoyao, but also underestimated Tonghua’s writing skills. Xiaoyao is not stupid, but he likes to deceive himself and others. Once he encounters harm from his heart, Xiaoyao will protect himself by escaping.

It's not that Xiaoyao didn't know whether the rumors between her mother and Chi You were true or false, she just didn't want to face it, "Actually, I've always wanted to come and see you and talk to you, but I didn't dare! I was avoiding everything and Chi You Now, I can’t escape the relevant matters. I finally have the courage to ask you, what kind of person is Chi You?”>

When Zhuan Xu spread the news about Xiao Yao's life experience, <Jing said: "Your Majesty, it's not that Xiao Yao is not smart enough to think about it, but she never believed that Your Majesty would hurt her.">

It’s not that Xiaoyao couldn’t guess that Zhuanxu killed Tushan Jing, but she didn’t want to believe it. It hurts more than having your heart cut out... I forgive you...”>

But regarding Xiang Liu's efforts, Xiao Yao did not want to escape or refuse to face her heart, but she knew that Xiang Liu didn't want her to know, so she didn't tell her. She pretended not to know for Xiang Liu's sake. Xiaoyao is a very sensitive person who always thinks of others and is very considerate. There are many examples in the book. For example, she does not want Zhuanxu to use her to get help from Tushanjing, so she quickly comforts Zhuanxu, saying that she did not meet Tushanjing just for the sake of it. Him; for example, when Xiang Liu sucked blood until she felt dizzy, she remained silent, just to make Xiang Liu's injury heal quickly...

Going back to Xiang Liu, we can see from the above that Master Xiang Liu's second strategy is to help Zhuan Xu. If he hadn't caused big trouble for Cang Lin and Yu Yang this time, leaving them no time to take care of Zhuan Xu, it would have been even harder for Zhuan Xu to leave Xuanyuan. .

The third strategy is to use the injured night to explore Xiaoyao's boudoir. Xiang Liu took off his vest on purpose to test Xiao Yao's attitude towards him.

When Xiaoyao said that he was not suitable to be a lover and broke up with him, Xiang Liu knew that Xiaoyao loved him and he did not want to break up, so he used Fangfengbei to coax Xiaoyao for more than a year to prove to Xiaoyao that he was suitable. As a lover, he just hopes that Xiaoyao can get back together with him. Originally, Xiang Liu could wait a little longer, but since Xiaoyao let him go because of another man last time, he didn't want to wait any longer. Xiang Liu decided to come directly to Xiao Yao to identify himself. He wanted to know, would Xiao Yao reconcile with him? Even if Xiaoyao rejects him again, he will die happily.

(六)相柳的相思

相柳的一箭三雕

上次被小夭放鸽子,中间隔了有四个月,才有相柳的夜探香闺,这四个月,相柳大人可没闲着,偷盗粮仓和兵器库的地图,这可是一个绝妙的一箭三雕之策。

第一策读者都知道,轩辕在中原有一些秘密的粮仓和兵器库,相柳打上了它们的主意。但是,早不偷晚不偷,为什么在上次被小夭放鸽子之后偷?

<小夭说:“我突然想起哥哥叮嘱的一件事,今日不能陪你去玩了,改日补上,可以吗?>

相柳当时听到这句话,也许第一反应只是生气被放了鸽子,但是回去冷静下来之后,结合之前在小夭午休时对涂山璟和颛顼关系的试探,我们英明神武的相柳大人一定能很快推测到,小夭是为了帮颛顼才不得已见璟,颛顼此时的处境需要涂山璟的助力。自那以后,相柳就开始了对颛顼的暗中相帮。

看看颛顼对相柳偷盗地图的态度就知道了,这件事于颛顼是有利的。

<小夭沉默了一会儿,问道:“你打算告诉外爷吗?”

“为什么要告诉他?如果真是相柳派人做的,现在神农义军是苍林和禹阳的麻烦,与我无关。某种程度上,敌人的敌人就是朋友。”小夭放下心来。>

说到这里,不得不感慨,颛顼一开始把丰隆当做知己,直到杀了一次涂山璟之后才知道,原来涂山璟才是那个知己,可惜,他永远不会知道,最早慧眼识珠的人是相柳,为了小夭不仅一次次放过颛顼,还暗中相帮的人也是相柳。相柳才是他真正的伯乐!

如果只这一处还可以说是巧合,但是相柳的暗中相帮远不止一次。

比如,颛顼第一次大婚时:

<最令大荒氏族震惊的是神秘的鬼方氏,这个不可冒犯,却一直游离在大荒之外的诡秘氏族,对待任何事都带着超然物外的漠然,居然派子弟送来了重礼——九株回魂草。当礼物呈上时,所有人都静了一静,九为尊,鬼方氏似乎在向颛顼表达着敬意,众人揣测着,鬼方氏好像也选择了支持颛顼。>

涂山璟故意让颛顼误会自己是为了小夭才帮他,把对颛顼的助力作为筹码,谋取得到小夭,但是相柳却从未让任何人知道自己帮过颛顼,连拥有上帝视角的很多读者,都只知涂山璟而不知相柳。

但是,小夭知道!从相柳匿名送弓箭的时候,小夭就猜出了相柳和鬼方氏有密切的关系,一直超然物外的鬼方氏突然选择支持颛顼,别人猜不出其中缘由,但知道相柳和鬼方氏关系的小夭不可能猜不出来,小夭的精明人设从来就没有塌过。

小夭在推测杀涂山璟的幕后凶手时,把握有实权的氏族一一排除。

<鬼方氏……最后,小夭的视线停在了相柳的名字上。小夭用手指一遍遍描摹着相柳的名字,是你吗?是你吗?>

这个地方就能看出来,小夭一直知道相柳和鬼方有关。

有的读者以为小夭变蠢了,这也不知道那也不知道,不仅小瞧了小夭,也小瞧了桐华的写作水平。小夭不是蠢,而是喜欢自欺欺人,一旦碰到来自心灵的伤害,小夭就会通过逃避来自我保护。

当初母亲和蚩尤传言的真假,小夭不是不知道,她只是不愿意面对,<“其实,我一直想来看看你,和你聊一聊,可我不敢!我逃避着一切和蚩尤有关的事,现在,我逃不掉了,终于有勇气来问问你,蚩尤究竟是个什么样的人?”>

颛顼散播小夭身世的消息时,<璟说:“陛下,不是小夭不够聪慧想不到,而是她永不相信陛下会伤害她。”>

颛顼杀涂山璟,小夭也不是猜不出来,但是她不愿意相信,<小夭唇角上翘,微微而笑:“颛顼,哥哥……我……我原谅你!恨你,太痛苦了……比剜心还痛……我原谅你……”>

但是对于相柳的付出,小夭却不是为了逃避,不是不肯直面内心,而是她知道相柳不希望她知道,所以她才没有宣之于口,她是为了相柳才假装不知道。小夭是一个非常敏感、总为他人着想、心细如发的人,书中有很多例子,比如她不想让颛顼因为利用她得到涂山璟的助力,连忙安慰颛顼,自己见涂山璟不是为了他;比如相柳吸血吸到她头晕,她也默默不吭声,只为了让相柳的伤快点好......

再说回相柳,以上可知,相柳大人的第二策就是帮颛顼,如果不是他这次找了苍林和禹阳的大麻烦,让他们无暇顾及颛顼,颛顼想要离开轩辕只怕更难。

这第三策,就是借着受伤夜探小夭的香闺了。相柳是故意来掉马甲,试探小夭对他的态度的。

当初小夭说他不适合当情郎,跟他说分手,相柳知道小夭爱他,他也不想分手,于是他用防风邶哄小夭哄了一年多,来向小夭证明自己是适合做情郎的,就是希望小夭能跟他复合。本来相柳还可以等一等,但自从上次小夭因为别的男人放他鸽子,他不想再等了。相柳决定直接来找小夭挑明身份,他想知道,小夭会不会跟他和好如初?就算小夭再次拒绝他,也让他死个痛快。

luv2bafangurl:
He did try to tell XY, but she didn't want to hear it, so he shrugged his shoulders and did as she wanted.

Yes this scene is exactly what I refer to. But what I get from this scene is that XL only halfheartedly hinted to XY about the affair. Their conversation before about TSJ and how he presented his hint (his choice of words) made XY naturally assumed that he wanted to egg her on further by showing her FFYY and TSJ intimate moments, which she rightly declined.

I disagree that there was anything right about XY not wanting to see TSJ and FFYY intimate together.  That's a sign of denial.  It's what the 'other woman' does so she can continue to be the side piece.  If she loved Jing, and believed he loved her, there should be no intimate moments between Jing and FFYY.  The fact that she just got hit with the first treatment of being the sidepiece, when Jing defended FFYY in front of her, should have motivated her.  But, like I said, she wants to remain blind and live in her fantasy.

XL did what he always does.  He lets XY make her decisions in her own time.  Yes, he could have been more direct, but that's not his way or XY's way.  XY can't handle direct.  XL will show her the door, but it's up to her to open it.  It's why he always answers her questions with a question. 

"Who are you?"

"Who do YOU want me to be?"

luv2bafangurl:
That‘s why I don‘t chimed in much when you discuss the novel. I‘m not qualified to ;) but I enjoyed your discussions. Most of my take and interpretation I got it from watching the drama first. So when I do read the novel my interpretation of it will be heavily influenced by my concepts of the characters from the drama and from your discussion here.

Hey!  We're all qualified. :)   Cause this is me too!  But I don't let it stop me from joining the conversation.   I just couch most of my commentary from the PoV of the drama -- which IS part of this conversation too. 

luv2bafangurl:
I like your characters break down analysis. They all need a good therapist. What struck me is that XY is actually pretty self aware. She knows her trauma, the cause and thus why she is the way she is. But knowing is actually not enough as her actions/decisions at the end still determined/controlled by her fear/trauma, mistaking TSJ readiness to die with her as absolute proof of devotion and being so moved by it for example. Instead of overcome her traumas and issues, she justify her skewed decision making with them.

Yes, Xiao Yao's self-awareness will work in her favour once she starts to deal with her trauma. At the moment, she is over-compensating. She keeps saying that she doesn't want to end up like her grandmother, mother and aunty whom she sees as victims of the men in their lives (this isn't an accurate picture, at all, particularly with regards to her mother) so she's flipping to the opposite end of the scale. Her view was already skewed, combined with her "abandonment" and you can see why she drew such erroneous conclusions. Healing will come from finding that middle ground. 

I'll post my (incredibly long:-)) analysis on LFY which focus on Xiao Yao later

luv2bafangurl:
Lucky you. I don‘t think I can continue watching drama if I don‘t like the FL at all because what‘s the point in continue watching then if I don‘t care what happened to her and watching XL suffering and sacrificing himself for another 21 Eps for such undeserving FL will only make my blood boil ‚sigh‘. The better option will be waiting for the awesome Gifs from S2 from @Elise. Hopefully she‘ll continue gracing us all with her Gifs.

I'm definitely going to be making gifs for season 2. I'm not sure I'll have that many for YaoLiu though, they'll probably be mostly Xiang Liu gifs lol

Elise:

I'm definitely going to be making gifs for season 2. I'm not sure I'll have that many for YaoLiu though, they'll probably be mostly Xiang Liu gifs lol

Xiang Liu is the MVP of LYF, so of course it will focus on him. That's how we like it :-)

Elise:

They'll be much appreciated. I'll watch season 2 through your gifs :)

evening guy,

Im only reading page 280 atm gosh i can’t keep up

i love everyone’s pov.

HeadsinTheClouds and H19279 Im vietnamese like you guys so i think our view on love bugs is similar however I also appreaciate AH’s views.  However I want to ask love bugs only connects heart and life, it does not connects the mind right? 

my interpretation on the whole thing is XY concious mind chose Jing because he met her criteria. i also believed her love for Jing is conditional love. as for XL her heart i think fell and chose XL since she was already WXL but when she became XY she refuse to accept because of many reasons she can’t love him and does not believe her love her but her heart and subconscious belong to him. i believe the love bug have already indicate they are “true love” for each other , the walnut disappear is evidence that the bugs found its home. so IMO as long as her true heart never stop loving XL the bug wont turn to heartbreak. I don’t think XY can fully control her feelings or desire, she only just bury it deep down. another example is when XL probe her mind to find out who she desire to be with most she refuse to answer because her subconscious is so strong but her actions already said she subconsciously and unconditionally love XL like: how she indentify him in a crowd of people, she knew XL want to kill CX many times but couldn’t have the heart to kill him, begging CX not to kill XL, still store his image in the mirror despite she said she hate him and never want to see him again etc….  I believe XY loves XL a lot that love is more than just romantic love, in vietnamese we have another word to greater than love “yêu”  is “thương” but in english it means the same, i don’t known if there is another word in chinese. I’ve done some research online about love and i kinda make an assumption that Jing is “extreme liking or love” but XL is “true love” but XY mistaken that it one way love because XL did not show his side so for a person who have strong mind like XY she will of course choose to love Jing thus explain why the love bug don’t fight. Otherwise I have to assume love bugs allow the host to love multiple people at same time but only have one true love?

LilMoussySnow:
my interpretation on the whole thing is XY concious mind chose Jing because he met her criteria.

Welcome!

I've been reading all along and I still can't keep up. :)  But it is well worth reading if you are interested in exploring Tong Hua's writing and the characters and the drama.

A lot of people keep saying that, but Jing didn't meet her criteria.  Dude had another woman from Day One.  Dude abandoned her the first time she asked him to back her up, like on Day Two.  The only reason she ended up with Jing, was because she had no choice.  It was Jing or nothing.

I think there's even a scene in the drama where she says something like "I didn't choose Jing, he chose me."  I need to find that.

LilMoussySnow:
I believe XY loves XL a lot that love is more than just romantic love, in vietnamese we have another word to greater than love “yêu” is “thương” but in english it means the same, i don’t known if there is another word in chinese.

Interesting!  But yes, there's a lot of discussion here about the Love Bugs and the Heartbreak Bugs.

LilMoussySnow:
XY mistaken that it one way love because XL did not show his side

I'm in the camp that thinks XY knows XL loves her, but can't admit it or act on it.  It would mean making choices between CX and XL and facing loss.  She says in the drama, that she won't take the first step.  And that's because she's afraid of being rejected and abandoned.

LilMoussySnow:
Otherwise I have to assume love bugs allow the host to love multiple people at same time but only have one true love?

Initially, I was in the camp that thought the Love Bug would allow you XY to love more than one person at a time ... but conversations here have me wavering.

@Kokuto

When XY met her mother A Heng, her mother ask XY: Isn’t there another good man for you? Why him?

XY: Because he doesn’t abandon me

She didn’t say because she love him.

Even her mother see Jing is not the best person for XY

So yes I agree Jing is her only choice as XL or even CX does not choose her. 

@Kokuto

XY refuse to accept her heart but somehow when I see her sending XL the ice crystal ball with one hand on her heart and one reaching out to his direction, I feel that this is declaring her love to him, that she has accepted he is in her heart. However the person she wanted him to be was FFB which is why XL did not reply and also kill off FFB after he snatch her from the marriage. This is my opinion because I tend to be imaginative when it come to interpretating desriptive words or images. 

LilMoussySnow:
evening guy,

i love everyone’s pov.

Hey there!! Welcome!

Woah, you're catching up quite nicely!! <3

Oh no! Not the Lovers Bugs again. Will we ever be free of those pesky pests :-). I'm kidding.

Welcome to the thread LilMoussySnow. And thank you for bringing up one of this thread's favourite, much-debated topics :-). Where's AH? I think we need her here. 

LilMoussySnow:

I was curious and went back to page 280 to see what I was saying. It was barely 3 weeks ago. That page was just after my write-up on the VooDoo King scene. My opinion on the Lovers Bugs is pretty much captured in that post and it hasn't changed: Xiao Yao "likes" Jing, but she "loves" Xiang Liu. At the very least her feelings for Jing is not to the same depth and intensity as her feelings for Xiang Liu

LilMoussySnow:
I believe XY loves XL a lot that love is more than just romantic love, in vietnamese we have another word to greater than love “yêu” is “thương”

Hmmm! I always thought that "yeu" is greater than "thuong", since you use thuong with family and friends but yeu is pretty much reserved for couple love.

LilMoussySnow:
Otherwise I have to assume love bugs allow the host to love multiple people at same time but only have one true love?

Kokuto:
Initially, I was in the camp that thought the Love Bug would allow you XY to love more than one person at a time ... but conversations here have me wavering.

One of the hotly contested debates about the LOvers Bugs. No consensus has been reached. We should do a poll to see who falls into which camp.

I pity XY the most. It's easier to see XL's selfishless and pity him, because he is the one who dies alone at the end of the novel, but honestly the feeling of emptiness  I had when I finished reading it was for XY, not for XL. As I said before, IMO it was XL who never choose her. She tried to get closer to him for quite a few times, but he kept pushing her away. XL knew he was the one she loves, he knew she didn't love Jing în that special way, she was just faking it and lying to herself she does, same as TienEr, but XL having the bug must have know the  truth, yet he just couldn't put her first. He kept pushing her to Jing, not because she loves Jing more, but because he knew that Jing loves her, thus being suitable to be the companion she wants. He was never jealous on Jing, I belive not even CX was ever jealous on him, he just didn't like him because he thought XY deserves better. She fell for someone who's not only his brother's enemy, but also someone who was bound to die sooner than later. She was aware of her love for him, but she never had any confirmation of his love for her. She kept protecting him and making poisons for him regardless of anything else. She never told him, but she only wanted him to live, yet his duty was more important to him than his love. I like XL a lot, but I still blame him for their outcome. 

blabla100:
He was never jealous on Jing, I belive not even CX was ever jealous on him, he just didn't like him because he thought XY deserves better.

CX was TOTALLY jealous of Jing in the drama.  The cray cray scene in the courtyard watching the lights go out in Jing's room, while CX held the sharp end of the knife in his bare hands?  Oh yeah.  Beyond jealous.  Granted, he also thought Jing was scum for the way he treated XY, but he was also jealous.   And given that he killed him in the book, I'm betting CX was jealous and hated him in the book too.