liddi:

Would it be better if she said "Butcher Gao"?

Yup. They should sign up for the communication classes that @HeadInTheClouds was planning to conduct, which would have saved them and us a lot of grief.

I don't think even my extensive, VIP communication course will be able to save these two. She's still doing the "I need confirmation before putting myself out there" song and dance. And he's like, "she said ...would be worse than death. I'm not going to convince her. She'll need to be sure". 

Get your act together, XY!

AH :

So many red flowers to keep track of. ^^

Every time I look into the mythology of the three-legged toad I find some new, totally unexpected, and interesting aspect to it.

lol!  If they aren't red, they are white flowers.

Everytime I look up anything about this drama I go down a rabbit hole.

HeadInTheClouds:

I don't think even my extensive, VIP communication course will be able to save these two. She's still doing the "I need confirmation before putting myself out there" song and dance. And he's like, "she said ...would be worse than death. I'm not going to convince her. She'll need to be sure". 

Get your act together, XY!

Now now.  XL knows you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

Plus he probably doesn't want to get kicked in the face again.

AH :

He did. It was very uncomfortable. 

HeadInTheClouds:

It was wrong in so many ways. 

Oh nooooo.  Ya'll are so bad.  Now all I can think of is that table of Imperial 'gifts' that was in XinYue's  bedroom and how they could all go soooo wrong.

"I thought this was hair pin."

O_O

Rant incoming. Please skip if you don't want to read me ranting about a certain subset of fandom.

Kokuto:
Do NOT go into the Jing thread. Winny tried to explain away the crystal ball. It was not pretty.

Yeah, nah! I treasure my brain cells too much to expose them to whatever is passing for analysis/discourse in that thread. There's interpretation and then there is "let's see how much I can twist these things to fit into my narrative". The dishonesty and the blatant lack of critical thinking surrounding the Shen Nong Resistance Army topic that I've seen in the last few days and I'm out of patience. Last year it was Domestic and Intimate Partner Violence that was the weapon of choice. I shouldn't be surprised and yet, I am, at how low some people are willing to go to win some ridiculous shipping war. 

Rant over.

Thank you for letting me vent :-).

nathsketch:

I went there.

I read.

I laughed.

I'm still laughing.

you made me curious. I still haven't watched season 2 yet 

H19279:

I wouldn't recommend you go there or watch Season 2.  I'm such a ray of joy today :-)

H19279:

Platonic SoS crystal ball hasn't shown up yet in season 2.  This is all taken from some version of the book.

Kokuto:

Oh nooooo.  Ya'll are so bad.  Now all I can think of is that table of Imperial 'gifts' that was in XinYue's  bedroom and how they could all go soooo wrong.

"I thought this was hair pin."

O_O

Not like that Ko. Head out of the gutter, please! This is not the other thread :-)

HeadInTheClouds:

I wouldn't recommend you go there or watch Season 2.  I'm such a ray of joy today :-)

We love your rays of joy!

HeadInTheClouds:

I wouldn't recommend you go there or watch Season 2.  I'm such a ray of joy today :-)

I am still busy with chasing As beautiful as you :D 

AH :
I also found this interesting little legend about Liu Hai's three-legged toad producing a pearl that could be swallowed to achieve immortality or to bring a dead person back to life. Which made me think of the possible properties of XY's tear-pearl that they added in the drama. 

Nice, thanks for sharing. I didn't realize that the toad was associated with resurrection in Chinese folklore. The fact that the toad produces a pearl also seems like an uncanny parallel to LYF.

Kokuto:
Depending on your region, you can watch them on the WeTV app.  I'm in the US.  But it's one episode a day, I think.  Unless you have a subscription, then you can watch all the episodes as they release them, like 4 today, and 2 per day.

https://wetv.vip/en/play/ln9j0bsvn9x0uos-Lost%20You%20Forever%20S2/g4100e9crdi-EP1%3A%20Lost%20You%20Forever%20S2

Or you can catch it on the WeTV Youtube channel.

https://youtu.be/O4uDYhGjbZE?si=xADkc05V1PdyXcw6

Thank you!!!

HeadInTheClouds:

Not like that Ko. Head out of the gutter, please! This is not the other thread :-)

I would say I'm sorry ... but I'm too busy admiring Fang Feng Bei and Xiang Liu as they rip my heart out repeatedly.  ;ppp

Kokuto:

Platonic SoS crystal ball hasn't shown up yet in season 2.  This is all taken from some version of the book.

Kokuto:

We love your rays of joy!

Some people have high level of delusion. 

DW fans will protect him as the only FL's love interest

YZ fans will protect her as a girl with all sort of good quality and fidel to her only love. There is no way that she had immoral roles who loves 2 men at the same time 

nathsketch:

I went there.

I read.

I laughed.

I'm still laughing.

Oh, it wasn't poison gas, but laughing gas?!

HeadInTheClouds:

Rant incoming. Please skip if you don't want to read me ranting about a certain subset of fandom.

Yeah, nah! I treasure my brain cells too much to expose them to whatever is passing for analysis/discourse in that thread. There's interpretation and then there is "let's see how much I can twist these things to fit into my narrative". The dishonesty and the blatant lack of critical thinking surrounding the Shen Nong Resistance Army topic that I've seen in the last few days and I'm out of patience. Last year it was Domestic and Intimate Partner Violence that was the weapon of choice. I shouldn't be surprised and yet, I am, at how low some people are willing to go to win some ridiculous shipping war. 

Rant over.

Thank you for letting me vent :-).

Venting is better than keeping things pent up ... to explode suddenly.

The Shen Nong Resistance Army topic was a complete surprise ... that came out of weibo.  But that certainly didn't stop some people from jumping on it with the usual lack of understanding.  Hopefully, we won't see more of that nonsense.  We've got our usual nonsense to deal with now. :)