Trust me, I have never thought so deeply about anything in my life, the way I think about where Xiang Liu stands in XiaoYao's life and what XiaoYao feels about him.

Exactly what XiaoYao feels or thinks about Xiang Liu , no one but Tong Hua knows for sure .

To the readers, Tong Hua didn't say anything clearly about XiaoYao's feelings towards Xiang Liu , even Tong Hua wants to see how readers think about this matter, in that case we all express our own opinion or point of view,but here we don't know what the right answer is...

This is only my personal opinion and I apologize in advance if I have said anything wrong .

liddi:

Xiang Liu singing Chi Chen's song "Peach Blossom Blood" in Ep4:

https://x.com/aleen__leen/status/1810326083449016411

The song is beautiful but in my opinion TJC over-acted. It is not how I pictured XL in my mind

I checked youtube channel of Tencent and the first eps is free to watch. Thus I still clicked the play button. 

For 42 minute of the drama (including the opening, There is about 5 minutes of FFB on sceen. That part is also the highlight of the drama. The rest was boring. 

Taspia:

Trust me, I have never thought so deeply about anything in my life, the way I think about where Xiang Liu stands in XiaoYao's life and what XiaoYao feels about him.

Exactly what XiaoYao feels or thinks about Xiang Liu , no one but Tong Hua knows for sure .

To the readers, Tong Hua didn't say anything clearly about XiaoYao's feelings towards Xiang Liu , even Tong Hua wants to see how readers think about this matter, in that case we all express our own opinion or point of view,but here we don't know what the right answer is...

This is only my personal opinion and I apologize in advance if I have said anything wrong .

I don't think there is anything "wrong" with expressing your opinion here.  We tend to ask "why" or "where" that opinion comes from, textually speaking, or through other analysis or articles or explanation of your reasoning.  But you don't have to participate if you don't want to.

I disagree, however, that Tong Hua didn't say anything clearly about XY's feeling toward XL.  If the stated requirement for sharing the Lovers Bug is that the characters love each other, then if they characters share the Lovers Bug, it seems pretty clear that they characters must love each other.  It's how this magic item works.

Of course, now you have me wondering, did Tong Hua actually have XY say she loved anyone in the novel?

H19279:

The song is beautiful but in my opinion TJC over-acted. It is not how I pictured XL in my mind

I agree, it was a bit too much. 

H19279:

I checked youtube channel of Tencent and the first eps is free to watch. Thus I still clicked the play button. 

For 42 minute of the drama (including the opening, There is about 5 minutes of FFB on sceen. That part is also the highlight of the drama. The rest was boring. 

It started a little slow, but was anxious to see those other characters, CX and XY, so I certainly wasn't bored.  But yes, FFB was the highlight for me, cause I am biased.  lol

Supposedly they should air a new free episode every day on YouTube.  Please try the 2nd episode if you feel inclined.  That one featured much more of FFB.

H19279:

blabla100:

I think it was some highly dramatic playing ... and I'm sure qin players everywhere were aghast.  lol  It worked for me, who am not musically inclined.  I didn't think XL did music at all, in the book, did he?

H19279:

IMO, part of it was the acting, part of it was the nature of the song, and part of it was the writing because I truly can't picture novel!XL ever doing anything remotely like that. The fact that he even visited her was out of character and took away from the emotional intensity of their earlier parting, which should have been the last time they saw each other until XY's wedding day. 

I get that the scene where he comforts her via the bug connection when she was at the island clinic is a difficult thing to adapt to screen. But I felt like the way they tried to do it threw a huge wrench into the YaoLiu dynamic from the novel at that point in the story.

Kokuto:
I didn't think XL did music at all, in the book, did he?

Correct. He did not. 

Edit: Turns out he did sing and play instruments with Sir Bi! ^^

@kokuto

"Of course, now you have me wondering, did Tong Hua actually have XY say she loved anyone in the novel?"

No, not from what I recall. 

What I found interesting were the scenes that came to Jing's mind when he was  bitten by the snake, especially the part when WXL told him "don't follow me". What's that supposed  to mean? Feeling a bit guilty, perhaps? Tearing eyes as well. If I remember correctly, there is going to be a scene with him telling someone that he wants to give XY back the chance he stole from her when he tied her up with his 15 years's promise, so that's why he makes the deal with XL to take her away from Feng Long's wedding. 

Also, I am not sure, but when he opened his eyes, I believe it was XY reflected into. The same way XL/FFB was reflected into XY's eyes. Kinda obvious who loves whom. 

H19279:
it should be fun for XY if XL sang and Jing played the zither.

For real though, they could have had the actors do something like this for a variety show or promotional event. I'd be cool with that. 

AH :

For real though, they could have had the actors do something like this for a variety show or promotional event. I'd be cool with that. 

I doubt if DW can play zither but he can dance very well for sure. Then TJC sings, DW dances

H19279:

blabla100:

I do not understand the acting or directing choices  in this scene. TJC was so OTT and OOC. It took me out of the story cause I was cringing. WTH? And I don't like the inclusion of this scene either. 

Does anyone get the feeling like some of these scenes were filmed later? Like they weren't part of the original script? XL seems a bit off at times. Or maybe all the deviations have changed his character too much for me. XY was off in this scene as well!

Scratch that. XL feels really off to me :-(