Kokuto:
Here's the important thing. Does XY ever call Jing 知音 or 知己 ? I'm pretty she never does.

Just from what we know, it isn't likely because Xiao Yao and Jing don't have that much in common. All the things that Jing is good at and enjoyed (or used to enjoy), Xiao Yao showed zero interest or aptitude in. Just takes her trying to learn the zither. She was not at all interested and did it very badly :-). The less that we talk about Xiao Yao's aptitude and interest in Go, the better. 

Kokuto:
The other thing I was going to mention, was that when it aired, I remember reading that when XY first saw FFB in the brothel, and he was reflected in her eyes, that was a sign Chinese audiences would recognize that he was her soulmate or her true love. But I haven't been able to find that reference or that folk lore.

I don't know about folklore, but in Vietnamese (and Chinese as well according to my Chinese friends) there is a common saying: "In my eyes, there is only you". It's used to express the idea that even though the world is full of people, I only see you and no one else/there is only you in my eyes/I only have eyes for you. Do I need to break this down any further or is that pretty clear what it's alluding to?

I think this sentiment is referenced in the novel when Jing said to Xiao Yao - "In your eyes, I'm not there". This was following her attempt to pass air to him when they were exploring the ocean together (aka Xiao Yao attempting to replicate what happened between her and Xiang Liu with Jing). Even Jing recognized that it was Xiang Liu that was on Xiao Yao's mind during this moment :-)

@HeadInTheClouds

"It's used to express the idea that even though the world is full of people, I only see you and no one else/there is only you in my eyes/I only have eyes for you."

Same meaning în my country too. The fragment from chapter 35 I belive it is even more revealing about who XY had eyes for. BTW,  had Jing ever apperead în XY's eyes? 

"Because she just cried, Xiao Yao’s eyes were extraordinarily clear and bright. Xiang Liu could clearly see himself reflected in her eyes so he covered her eyes with his hand “I’m off!”

@nathsketch

Very nice art, I am looking forward to see more! 

blabla100:
Same meaning în my country too. The fragment from chapter 35 I belive it is even more revealing about who XY had eyes for. BTW, had Jing ever apperead în XY's eyes?

"Because she just cried, Xiao Yao’s eyes were extraordinarily clear and bright. Xiang Liu could clearly see himself reflected in her eyes so he covered her eyes with his hand “I’m off!”

Thank you for this @blabla100. I think this can be seen as a reference of sort to that sentiment as well. And I don't know if Jing had ever appeared in XY's eyes. Someone who's better acquainted with the novel will have to answer this one/

HeadInTheClouds:
I think this sentiment is referenced in the novel when Jing said to Xiao Yao - "In your eyes, I'm not there". This was following her attempt to pass air to him when they were exploring the ocean together (aka Xiao Yao attempting to replicate what happened between her and Xiang Liu with Jing)

It is not the ocean but the pond (below a water fall) next to the lodge where Jing and Xiao Yao used to meet in Sheng Nong moutain: Cao Ao Crest. It used to be forbidden place in Sheng Nong mountain since it was Chi You's place in Sheng Nong. When Jing showed this place to XY, she was surprised she figured it out that it used to belong to Chi You. Jing felt uncomfortable knowing it. However, XY said it was fine and she liked that place. 

And if you compare the lodge and the scenery around it, you will find it is almost identical to the hunting lodge where XL took WXL after rescueing WXL from CX and the interior is quite similar style with that of XL's house in Sheng Nong Army Camp. WXL said that the hunting lodge had similar style with XL's house in Sheng Nong army camp.  This is another point of similarity between XL and Chi You: they both had  simple living style

XL's house(s)
 "There is only this one wooden house on the entire cliff". .."The sky was low, the cliffs were empty, the mountain wind was blowing, and the clouds and mist were billowing under his feet. "

"He saw a very rough and simple wooden house with animal skins on the floor. It was a very familiar style". A tree is next to the house

Interior of XL's wooden house  in the camp: The inside was very simple, with a narrow couch and a carpet made of animal skins in front of the couch. There was a crude fir box placed at the end of the couch, probably used to store clothes. There were two wooden tables placed on the animal skin blanket, one with some documents and the other with a set of simple tea-making utensils.
XY's impression of XL's place: very simple
Cao Ao Crest - Chi You's house
"The cliff was half hidden in the clouds and mist, and a small waterfall splashed down, forming a medium-sized pool. Not far from the pool, there is a thatched house. Outside the thatched house, only three feet wide, is the Wanren Cliff."
"This place is really nice. There are cliffs on three sides. There is only one way down the mountain. It is secluded and private.  ..."

-Xiaoyao opened the door of the thatched hut. The inside was not old. The wooden couch was covered with animal skins. There were fresh fruits on the wooden plate on the desk. There was a clay pot hanging on the wall on both sides of the window, and two bouquets of wild flowers were inserted. . The hut is decorated simply and warmly, as if the owner has just left.
XY's impression of the house: So simple

Ohhhhh...I have so much to talk about the symbolic  meaning of Chi You's  home...hopefully when I have time to finish my thoughts the conversation haven't shifted gears. 

I owe ya'll ladies some replies for my last post...But MDL forum moves too fast and hard to navigate, so it better to do it on the computer.  Apologies...there. We'll get there when I can hop on my computer.

As for the reflection in the eyes, I did did some quick research sometime ago and it basically is that most culture has a idiom/concept that uses eyes as a symbol to signify someone of great romantic love. I wrote this sometime ago based on the English idiom "the apple of one's eyes."

---------
By introducing Fang Feng Bei (Xiang Liu) as a reflection in Xiao Yao's eyes, the director and screenwriter have created a symbolic composition that signifies he will become the apple of her eyes. This symbolism underscores Xiao Yao's unwavering affection and profound connection with him. He is not just an ordinary individual in her life but holds a special place in her heart. Much like the apple of one's eye is protected and cherished, Xiao Yao treasures Xiang Liu/Fang Feng Bei deeply. He symbolizes a bond that transcends the ordinary, where her feelings for him are akin to the intensity of this idiom, signifying the profound love and value she attaches to his presence in her life.

AH :
nathsketch these are gorgeous!

"Are you eligible?" Love the way you captured his expression there, and all the outfit details. So good!

Thank you :3

nathsketch:

To be continued... :)

Wow!  Amazing! ❤️❤️?❤️❤️

WanningHusky94:
Wow! Amazing! ❤️❤️?❤️❤️

Thank you!

Welcome. Your art sketches are wonderful! Love it.❤❤️ I think ADORABLE is a word made for Jianci.❤️?

nathsketch:

To be continued... :)

I've a sucker for sketches and gosh I love how fluid your lines are.  It's just flows off the page.

H19279:
XY said it was fine and she liked that place. 

And if you compare the lodge and the scenery around it, you will find it is almost identical to the hunting lodge where XL took WXL after rescueing WXL from CX and the interior is quite similar tyle with that of XL's house in Sheng Nong Army Camp. WXL said that the hunting lodge had similar style with XL's house in Sheng Nong army camp.  This is another point of similarity between XL and Chi You: they both had similar simple living style

Love these details.

plor20:

I've a sucker for sketches and gosh I love how fluid your lines are.  It's just flows off the page.

Thank you, Pa! ❤️

WanningHusky94:

Welcome. Your art sketches are wonderful! Love it.❤❤️ I think ADORABLE is a word made for Jianci.❤️?

Yes :)

I think it was made for him, indeed :3

nathsketch:

Yes :)

I think it was made for him, indeed :3

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

liddi:
12 days ago
A very belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all who celebrate! Real life still keeping me busy, but just quickly dropping by as I count down (impatiently) to S2, which rumours have it to either be airing in Feb or May (Feb please!)

AH :
Tell your daughter she gets 937 bonus points. ^^
Yay! My daughter thanks you for your generosity!

AH :
Liddi with all your translations you've earned so many bonus points already... you're probably a bonus point billionaire. If anyone has earned the right to save XL in S2, it's definitely you. 
Oooh... so nice to find myself a billionaire, even if it's bonus points!. In which case, definitely using all those points I've accumulated to save Xiang Liu in every way that counts in S2! 

Will be back later (hopefully sooner than later) but just to say hi in the new year. Take care and catch up again some time!

Happy New Year liddi! I hope you and your family enjoyed the holidays.