We are performing scheduled database maintenance, which may cause temporary downtime. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.

HAPPY EASTER or just enjoy holiday time (or just Sunday) to all of you!

H19279:

Yes. A belated Happy Easter to everyone who celebrates. 

Does everyone in. Western nation gets a long weekend? I'm spending my long weekend catching up with some work instead of going away for some TLC :-(

HeadInTheClouds:
Didn't TJC participate in some sort of reality acting show where he played 14th Prince from BBJX? He probably wouldn't have shaved his head for that, though.

Ah, was that it?  He did do a skit on an acting show from this period.  I want to say he was wearing the black hat.  But I didn't realize that it was from Scarlet Heart.  Nice!  I will have to see if I can find it with English subs.

Wow.  I didn't realize Xu Kai was in that, much less that he did that look.

H19279:

Happy Easter!

HeadInTheClouds:

Nope, not belated for us.  It's still like 930 PM in the US on the east coast, right now.

HeadInTheClouds:
Does everyone in. Western nation gets a long weekend? I'm spending my long weekend catching up with some work instead of going away for some TLC :-(

Maybe some places, but most places just close for Sunday in the US.

Wut?  Working on your long weekend?  Say it isn't so!

HeadInTheClouds:

in The Netherlands, a typical easter celebration starts off with a musical live play-concert on national TV on Thursday night( performed by well known artist) about Jesus’s story. It is called De (the) Passion. There is parade carrying the cross  to the stage. The US once adapted its setting with Seal as the story teller. Good Friday is generally working day but most of schools close. Thus many mothers/fathers have to take a day off to guard the kids. Sunday is religious day. 2nd day of Easter (monday) is holiday and, people usually go to Ikea, garden or housing, DIY malls

Kokuto:
Wut? Working on your long weekend? Say it isn't so!

Yep. Feel sorry for me. I can do with some sympathy :-)

I can't believe it's already April. I can't believe it's only April and I already feel like I'm playing catch up :-(

H19279:

in The Netherlands, a typical easter celebration starts off with a musical live play-concert on national TV on Thursday night( performed by well known artist) about Jesus’s story. It is called De (the) Passion. There is parade carrying the cross  to the stage. The US once adapted its setting with Seal as the story teller. Good Friday is generally working day but most of schools close. Thus many mothers/fathers have to take a day off to guard the kids. Sunday is religious day. 2nd day of Easter (monday) is holiday and, people usually go to Ikea, garden or housing, DIY malls

I'm not sure if we do anything similar here. It has been a very long time since I paid any attention to mainstream media. We get Good Friday and Easter Monday off which gives us a 4 days long weekend. Young people would go away with friends - renting a place somewhere where they can party up. Family if they are not going away would have a family BBQ or a day out at the beach. We love our beaches here :-)

H19279:

Happy Easter y’all!! Did you guys get some yummy chocolate eggs? :P

H19279:
I haven't finished that Xukai's drama

That drama was hugely popular when it was released. I could not stand the female lead - I thought her behaviour was utterly unrealistic. It comes across like some kind of wish fulfilment fantasy - how you would want to act if you're in that setting/period. It reminded me of Yang Mi's Jade Palace Lock Heart where the FL was a 20th-century girl who time-travelled back to the Qing Dynasty and acted like a 20th-century girl with minimal repercussions. Of course, that drama plagiarized TH's BBJX.

I think Wang Anyu looks better in modern clothing as well.  Good looking man, but it seems the ancient hairstyling isn't suited to him.  I finished The Last Immortal with a lot of skipping and forwarding. 

H19279:
Knowing the story in advance can set certain expectation and if the plot writer changed the story or conceptual points, it can make me/viewers unrest.

Yes, setting aside your expectations can be challenging when watching an adaptation of something that you are familiar with. The more you like the work, the more difficult it will be. CDramas seems to do some drastic rewrite when they adapt these popular online novels. There have been times when I seek out the source novel following a drama only to find that they are nothing alike. TJC's recent movie "I Love You" is also vastly different to its source novel, from what liddi's said.

HeadInTheClouds:

Yes, we get a long weekend! Me too, homie. Working and studying because I basically have no life :D

Kokuto:
Ah, was that it? He did do a skit on an acting show from this period. I want to say he was wearing the black hat. But I didn't realize that it was from Scarlet Heart. Nice! I will have to see if I can find it with English subs.

I think it was I Am An Actor. And if you find it with English sub, can you drop a link? I would be interested in taking a look. I came across a Vietsub version, but I can't find it anymore. I think he did this 5-6 years back. If he does it now, I wonder which character would be most suitable in BBJX. Maybe he can play RX and really challenge himself :-)

HeadInTheClouds:

I think it was I Am An Actor. And if you find it with English sub, can you drop a link? I would be interested in taking a look. I came across a Vietsub version, but I can't find it anymore. I think he did this 5-6 years back. If he does it now, I wonder which character would be most suitable in BBJX. Maybe he can play RX and really challenge himself :-)

Sure thing!

Yes, that's about the timing, IIRC.  I'm not sure there was an English version, but I'll look.

HeadInTheClouds:
Yep. Feel sorry for me. I can do with some sympathy :-)

I can't believe it's already April. I can't believe it's only April and I already feel like I'm playing catch up :-(

Sending plenty of sympathy your way.

IKR?  What happened to March?

nathsketch:

Hmmmm.  That's right.  I need to hit the stores after Easter.

I used to love the Cadbury eggs, but they are too sweet for me now.

Wishing all who celebrate a very blessed Easter filled with peace and joy always!

Kokuto:
Sending plenty of sympathy your way.

IKR? What happened to March?

I have no idea where the last 3 months have disappeared to. This has been me this year...

https://fb.watch/r8QHmamlru/

I sincerely hope things look up. Otherwise...

nathsketch:

No chocolate eggs for me. No sweet tooth. I always give my Easter chocolate away :-)

nathsketch:

Yes, we get a long weekend! Me too, homie. Working and studying because I basically have no life :D

That makes two of us! Maybe this is a sign that I need to get a different job :-)

Kokuto:
Ah, was that it?  He did do a skit on an acting show from this period.  I want to say he was wearing the black hat.  But I didn't realize that it was from Scarlet Heart.  Nice!  I will have to see if I can find it with English subs.

I can't find any version of that skit that was English subbed.  This is the unsubbed version of the Scarlet Heart skit (can't embed it for some reason) - he played 14th Prince against 经超 Jing Chao's 4th Prince and 张钧甯 Janine Chang's Ruoxi. And no, he did not shave his head for the skit. I can imagine him in Qing hairdo though - we have seen him shave his hair really short in Winter Begonia previously.

Personally, I love the Beijing story skit that he did best, which won him rave reviews from director 徐崢 Xu Zheng. It was particularly impressive because from the BTS, he and the actress who plays his girlfriend 江铠同 Kiton Jiang took the longest to finetune their scenes, working well into the middle of the night. He did well in the 绣春刀2 Brotherhood of Blades 2 skit too, playing a prince who had to appease a powerful eunuch and in trying to survive, had to personally kill the captain of the guard who supported him and was trying to assassinate the eunuch and put an end to his tyranny.