Kokuto:

Ya'll leave poor Jing alone.  He's got his issues, like all of our boys, and yes, he's not as green flag as some folks make out, but XL made sure he was his beloved XY's companion, so he's got the 9 Heads Stamp of Approval.  Plus, XY has far too many issues herself, given her horrific experiences, that drive her actions and choices.  I keep reminding myself of that,  as I imagine my best octopus impression as I wrap XL up so tight he won't even think of dying on a battlefield.  :PPPP

I don't dislike Jing, altough I admit I liked him better when he was 17... and I agree, he is not as green flag as some people make out.  The thing is I see his story and romance with XY just as a side story în a away, like he îs there somewhere în the background. If I take LYF as a whole, ofc I understand he îs very important to it, but I don't know, to me right now he feels like he îs part of another story, a future one, the one  that îs going to start after this one ends. 

blabla100:

I don't dislike Jing, altough I admit I liked him better when he was 17... and I agree, he is not as green flag as some people make out.  The thing is I see his story and romance with XY just as a side story în a away, like he îs there somewhere în the background. If I take LYF as a whole, ofc I understand he îs very important to it, but I don't know, to me right now he feels like he îs part of another story, a future one, the one  that îs going to start after this one ends. 

Yes, that's my exact opinion! He seems to be only a background character.

liddi:

童话 tónghuà  means fairy tale.

The author who is putting us through so much pain is 桐华 Tóng Huá.

A familiar scene from the manhua...

It's a traumatic fairy tale hahah

Love this scene 😍🥰

Kokuto:

Ya'll leave poor Jing alone.  He's got his issues, like all of our boys, and yes, he's not as green flag as some folks make out, but XL made sure he was his beloved XY's companion, so he's got the 9 Heads Stamp of Approval.  Plus, XY has far too many issues herself, given her horrific experiences, that drive her actions and choices.  I keep reminding myself of that,  as I imagine my best octopus impression as I wrap XL up so tight he won't even think of dying on a battlefield.  :PPPP

I don't know how I missed this comment. I want to see this octopus impression of yours! Yo, but we really need a special font for sarcasm hahahah you got me in the first half 🤣

I finished all the hi6 videos. In the first two videos, Yang Zi is so nice and gave all the guys a chance to play and have some screen time. She partnered with Tan Jianci twice 😄

The latest hi6 video is my favorite though. It's so freaking hilarious and also gave some insight into Yang Zi's thoughts about LYF.

Yang Zi: "If i were Xiao Yao, because it's really difficult. Shiqi is my official partner. The person I love and the person who loves me. We end up together....but Xiang Liu is...Finally we couldn't be together... It's difficult to accept. So because in the drama I have a happy ending with Shiqi. So I hope this time I give this chance to Xiang Liu. Let Xiang Liu and Xiao Yao have a happy ending."

Tan Jianci: Just now I really got goosebumps.

One of the hosts: Let me say something boldly because when this episode airs this drama is probably coming to an end. At this time, I believe many people would love to see Xiao Yao and Xiang Liu being together.

Woww. Hearing their opinions make me believe even more that they filmed a YaoLiu special.

That's so comforting to hear. If the YaoLiu special turns out to be reality, it's the only canon for me.

nathsketch:

That's so comforting to hear. If the YaoLiu special turns out to be reality, it's the only canon for me.

If the YaoLiu special is true, my headcanon is Xiao Yao found out all the things Xiang Liu did for her, figures out a way to resurrect him, breaks up with Jing, and marries Xiang Liu lol. It is a Xianxia after all. These magical people can always come back from the dead 😂

nathsketch:

There's a weibo group with yz and tjc cp that I follow. If that YaoLiu turns out to be true then at least xiangliu <tjc> got his own HE. 

But i do hope hi6 do one. I remember happy camp did something with xukai and wu jin yan previously (forgot the drama name). 

its now been a month of unproductivity (i've got a journal paper to write and i just can't write... huhuhu) ... i kinda wish i haven't seen the drama and i haven't read the book... its a story with too many whatifs and i just cant get it out of my head... 

Elise:

If the YaoLiu special is true, my headcanon is Xiao Yao found out all the things Xiang Liu did for her, figures out a way to resurrect him, breaks up with Jing, and marries Xiang Liu lol. It is a Xianxia after all. These magical people can always come back from the dead ?

That would be a dream come true!

At the very least, we better get an alternate ending episode or something

Elise:

If the YaoLiu special is true, my headcanon is Xiao Yao found out all the things Xiang Liu did for her, figures out a way to resurrect him, breaks up with Jing, and marries Xiang Liu lol. It is a Xianxia after all. These magical people can always come back from the dead ?

Haha... that's one of the scenarios playing in my head pretty much how her mom eventually divorced the other king... the cover for the third book  that was shared recently had xiao yao and xiang liu both dressed in white so who knows... a soul gathering lamp is an artifact present in quite a few xianxias

the other scenario playing is jing finally realises that xiao yao wont ever love him, tells the truth about how he managed to survive (with the help of xiang liu) and finally lets xiao yao go... then xiao yao gets the soul gathering lamp to revive xiang liu 

omg! i'm done for... i can't write my journal paper but i'm making up stories in my head 

bugei:

Haha... that's one of the scenarios playing in my head pretty much how her mom eventually divorced the other king... the cover for the third book  that was shared recently had xiao yao and xiang liu both dressed in white so who knows... a soul gathering lamp is an artifact present in quite a few xianxias

the other scenario playing is jing finally realises that xiao yao wont ever love him, tells the truth about how we managed to survice (with the help of xiang liu) and finally lets xiao yao go... then xiao yao gets the soul gathering lamp to revive xiang liu 

omg! i'm done for... i can't write my journal paper but i'm making up stories in my head 

Someone needs to write a fanfic

bugei:

There's a weibo group with yz and tjc cp that I follow. If that YaoLiu turns out to be true then at least xiangliu <tjc> got his own HE. 

But i do hope hi6 do one. I remember happy camp did something with xukai and wu jin yan previously (forgot the drama name). 

its now been a month of unproductivity (i've got a journal paper to write and i just can't write... huhuhu) ... i kinda wish i haven't seen the drama and i haven't read the book... its a story with too many whatifs and i just cant get it out of my head... 

oh yeahhh I remember Xu Kai and Wu Jin Yan were together in Story of Yanxi Palace but their characters weren't endgame. She ended up with the other guy, the emperor.

I remember that Happy Camp video where they got married :') They wore wedding attire and they were on the bed about to kiss 🤭

There's a really good fanfic that liddi reccomended that addresses the whatifs. https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/555723806

It's soooo good. If that YaoLiu special ISN'T true, then in my head, this fanfic is canon. If I ever feel like reading the novel again, I'm going to read that AU right after so I don't cry myself to sleep anymore lol.

bugei:
. the cover for the third book that was shared recently had xiao yao and xiang liu both dressed in white so who knows

I wonder why they made that cover with Xiao Yao holding the bow and Xiang Liu (not as Fang Feng Bei) being next to her. I don't recall that scene ever being in the novel and drama. 

They're wearing matching outfits so I'm thinking this is an AU where they got together.

Elise:

I wonder why they made that cover with Xiao Yao holding the bow and Xiang Liu (not as Fang Feng Bei) being next to her. I don't recall that scene ever being in the novel and drama. 

They're wearing matching outfits so I'm thinking this is an AU where they got together.

There's was some speculation on that book illustration.  But I think it is mostly hopeful wishing on the part of XL fans.  Illustrators don't always read the books they illustrate ... or the art director knows XL sells better than FFB.  Though I LOVE FFB too.