?????????

No, but seriously though. People making passive aggressive remarks to those who are just stating their opinion on the show (not the novel) are spoiling the whole mood. Some of those people don't even know how it ends so those who say stuff like "keep dreaming" or "keep hoping" are kinda spoiling it because it shows it's never going to happen (which is true but still it's spoiling lol).

Also, I draw the line when they start coming after real people. Like nathsketch said, it's toxic. I don't mind when people go after Xiang Liu because he's a fictional character. However, I saw comments on the main thread and the other forum making fun of us for some of the stuff we said the past few days. US, real people. I know they read our forum (HI JING FANS :) ) 

AH :

My intrusive thought of the day: it's too bad XL didn't eat the ice crystal ball. XY went through so much effort to obtain the best quality poisons to make it!

Of course I don't actually think he should've eaten it. But it feels a bit like when someone makes a beautifully decorated cake and it's too pretty to eat, but also you don't want the food to go to waste ^^"

Is it too bad if I say he’s also like a beautifully decorated cake, too pretty to…erm, but it’s such a pity to let it go to waste? Asking for a friend.

nathsketch:

Is it too bad if I say he’s also like a beautifully decorated cake, too pretty to…erm, but it’s such a pity to let it go to waste? Asking for a friend.

Oh dear. 

You're reminding me that people in Xuan Yuan 100% thought that XY did not let that face go to waste and did in fact hook up with FFB. 

----

Ah Nian excitedly said “Then what is your relationship with that Fang Feng Bei who stormed the wedding so dramatically? Everyone said you two already got it on before, when you guys were in Xuan Yuan Castle there was all this flirting and you guys hooked up then.”

Xiao Yao looked out the window at the silver moon shining down and smiled sadly but said nothing.

Ah Nian got even more into it. “The maids all say that the Xuan Yuan guards killed Fang Feng Bei and you were so devastated that you fought with the Black Emperor and ran back to Five Gods Mountain. They all say you collected all the rare ingredients and worked so hard to make a pill to bring him back to life and save Fang Feng Bei. They all say that Fang Feng Bei’s body was never found because you hid it…”

Xiao Yao’s mouth dropped open “That’s the rumor going around?”

Elise:

?????????

No, but seriously though. People making passive aggressive remarks to those who are just stating their opinion on the show (not the novel) are spoiling the whole mood. Some of those people don't even know how it ends so those who say stuff like "keep dreaming" or "keep hoping" are kinda spoiling it because it shows it's never going to happen (which is true but still it's spoiling lol).

Also, I draw the line when they start coming after real people. Like nathsketch said, it's toxic. I don't mind when people go after Xiang Liu because he's a fictional character. However, I saw comments on the main thread and the other forum making fun of us for some of the stuff we said the past few days. US, real people. I know they read our forum (HI JING FANS :) ) 

I said what I had to say because it gradually starts to become a nuisance and just downright offensive after a while. There are all kinds of name calling, and somehow the “XL fanatics” are the ones responsible for turning the main comment section toxic? I swear I have never read a comment coming from a YaoLiu calling real people who happen to be a Jing fan something like “a doormat lover”, for example (I just came up with that), but there’s always someone saying that XL fans support the abusive one, or that they can brush off and justify “domestic abuse” (in what universe is there anything remotely comparable to domestic abuse in a show like this one?), diminishing and mocking something criminal and traumatic that happens to women and men alike on a daily basis. I have the receipts and I’ve scrolled that comment section more than once from top to bottom, going as far as the very first comment, 4 years ago.

I’m sorry if a large number of people empathizes with a character they find abhorrent. I’m also very sorry if the character they like happen to not resonate with a lot people, and no, not just the “12 year olds”. If there were only two or three people rooting for XL, I’d be inclined to think we were in the wrong, but since there are millions across every country imaginable (I have a friend in Bulgaria who’s inconsolable), not to mention how people are now dropping this drama in droves after knowing what’s going to happen, I guess we are not so wrong after all.

AH :
Xiao Yao’s mouth dropped open “That’s the rumor going around?”

You see, that's why I'd be making more sensible decisions than XY, and I would certainly be having my cake and eating it too :) 

I'd love to see someone dare to complain about the ending (ง ͡ʘ ͜ʖ ͡ʘ)ง  

AH :

My intrusive thought of the day: it's too bad XL didn't eat the ice crystal ball. XY went through so much effort to obtain the best quality poisons to make it!

Of course I don't actually think he should've eaten it. But it feels a bit like when someone makes a beautifully decorated cake and it's too pretty to eat, but also you don't want the food to go to waste ^^"

Maybe he licked it.  Just once.  I mean, there was probably a flaw once he shoved in that figure that needed to be smoothed out.  Yeah.  That's the ticket.

Darn it.  There's that gutter again.  I just can't stay out of it.

Kokuto:
Maybe he licked it.  Just once.  I mean, there was probably a flaw once he shoved in that figure that needed to be smoothed out.

Oh yes, the figure he added! Meaning that he definitely opened the ice crystal ball. Now I'm genuinely here hoping he did have a little taste ^^"

Kokuto:
Darn it.  There's that gutter again.  I just can't stay out of it.

Lol, and we're back.

nathsketch:

You see, that's why I'd be making more sensible decisions than XY, and I would certainly be having my cake and eating it too :) 

I'd love to see someone dare to complain about the ending (ง ͡ʘ ͜ʖ ͡ʘ)ง  

I'm already picturing, a year or so from now, an illustrated version of the novel coming out with that previously mentioned Brazil-based ending. Is this another prophetic vision?

AH :
I'm already picturing, a year or so from now, an illustrated version of the novel coming out with that previously mentioned Brazil-based ending. Is this another prophetic vision?

I'm not kidding, but I inserted something in the book I'm currently illustrating, very subtle of course, considering the book has nothing to do with any of this. But if it passes the review, I'll let you know once it's published, so you can all go and scream at your local bookstore. Yes, I'm that deranged lololol

nathsketch:

I'm not kidding, but I inserted something in the book I'm currently illustrating, very subtle of course, considering the book has nothing to do with any of this. But if it passes the review, I'll let you know once it's published, so you can all go and scream at your local bookstore. Yes, I'm that deranged lololol

That's amazing! I'm picturing a silver bow.

Do you ever do fanart? Like the ones that have been posted in the photo section?

AH :

That's amazing! I'm picturing a silver bow.

Do you ever do fanart? Like the ones that have been posted in the photo section?

It’s a bit more than just a bow ??

I do! I’m dying to do some, but I’ve had zero time for my personal art since April. I’m hoping to wrap up everything I have to deliver to my bosses asap so I can finally get back to my own stuff. I also need to resume working on my visual development portfolio so I can send it to Netflix, Sony Animation, etc. and obviously the theme will be very much Asian ?

nathsketch:
It’s a bit more than just a bow ??

Something very subtle but more than just a bow... a silhouette of Chubby flying in the sky with XL on his back?

nathsketch:
I do! I’m dying to do some, but I’ve had zero time for my personal art since April. I’m hoping to wrap up everything I have to deliver to my bosses asap so I can finally get back to my own stuff. I also need to resume working on my visual development portfolio so I can send it to Netflix, Sony Animation, etc. and obviously the theme will be very much Asian ?

Hope to see some of it someday when you have time ^^

AH :

Something very subtle but more than just a bow... a silhouette of Chubby flying in the sky with XL on his back?

Hope to see some of it someday when you have time ^^

No spoilers for now ??

Absolutely! 

nathsketch:
No spoilers for now ??

Lol, alright. Patience, patience. 

nathsketch:
Absolutely!

AH :

Lol, alright. Patience, patience. 

I’ll message you tomorrow! Like, a message message, not here ??

nathsketch:

I’ll message you tomorrow! Like, a message message, not here ??

Yesss! ^^