AH :

Lol, yes I've posted excerpts of this conversation from chapter 37 before.

Of course, you did. You're unparalleled ?

nathsketch:

AH will be even more needed when S2 hits! 

I re read the ending I'm really now cut in 2!

nathsketch:

Have you guys already seen this? AH has probably posted something like this already, but it's a very detailed explanation of the bugs: https://www.facebook.com/groups/374673724446311/permalink/646947373885610

The translation is not ideal, but I think we can have an idea. 

It's în chinese, anyone know what does it say? 

Sorry, I broke my promise and went there. But I love how AH replied to this verborrhea:

But it was only just to be there, not to become real. And XY didn’t think to make it happen. Because XY love Jing and will give her love for Jing. The one that can be her lover.

"They never openly admitted their feelings and never became lovers. There are a few instances where it seemed like they might take a step closer to acting on their feelings (when TSJ was married to FFYY and XY was trying to get over him), but each time at least one of them stops that from happening. Sometimes XY is the one who stops it and sometimes XL is the one who stops it."

It's impossible for them to admit something without simultaneously adding the veiled jab. "But it was only just to be there, not to become real. And XY didn't think to make it happen". LOL

nathsketch:
But you, my utmost respect to you for always bringing your references and excerpts with you every time there's ignorance flying around.

Most of the time, I like answering questions. And for the most part I find different opinions and interpretations interesting. But if someone is telling other readers / viewers something about the story that seems factually inaccurate, that almost pains me because I'm so attached to the source material ^^". 

Most of the time it's just that they misunderstood or mis-remembered something. Sometimes my memory isn't totally accurate either. I've definitely come to understand the source material better by going back and looking up the specific details so many times. 

blabla100:

There's a translation option after the Chinese version ends. It's not the best (there are words missing in some parts), but it can give us a rough idea of what it means. Do you see that option? I'll see if I can copy the English translation for you, just a second.

AH :

Most of the time, I like answering questions. And for the most part I find different opinions and interpretations interesting. But if someone is telling other readers / viewers something about the story that seems factually inaccurate, that almost pains me because I'm so attached to the source material ^^". 

Most of the time it's just that they misunderstood or mis-remembered something. Sometimes my memory isn't totally accurate either. I've definitely come to understand the source material better by going back and looking up the specific details so many times. 

You should be hired to make an annotated version of the novel in English. Footnotes and everything. Tolkien style. And let me illustrate it. Please and thank you lol

nathsketch:

<3

Symbolika1:
AH will be even more needed when S2 hits!

If the leaked script is real, I think I'll have to stop posting excerpts from the novel when S2 airs. The version of the story in the drama and the version of the story in the novel will be too different. They'll have to stand on their own and be interpreted separately.

Right now we're in a weird place where we talk about the characters based on things that we know are going to happen because they happen in the novel and we've seen bits from the trailer and bts clips and things like that that confirm they will happen, but they haven't actually happened in the drama yet. So we can only look to the novel for explanations when people ask about those things. Once S2 has finished airing, it should (hopefully) stand on its own. There might be a few things from the novel that can help our understanding of it, but there will also be so many differences that looking to the novel might be more confusing than helpful. 

nathsketch:
Sorry, I broke my promise and went there.

nathsketch you gotta stop doing that to yourself.

nathsketch:

You should be hired to make an annotated version of the novel in English. Footnotes and everything. Tolkien style. And let me illustrate it. Please and thank you lol

I genuinely thought about starting a thread along those lines. But I can't repost and comment on a whole novel. It's just not feasable. Unless someone would like to generously sponsor my sabbatical ^^

blabla100:

It's quoting the conversation between XY and the Voodoo King in chapter 37 of the novel. 

https://koalasplayground.com/2015/01/28/lost-you-forever-chapter-37-love-will-grow-old-together-with-the-verdant-mountains/

AH :
nathsketch you gotta stop doing that to yourself.

I want to feel those arrows in my body ??

AH :
If the leaked script is real, I think I'll have to stop posting excerpts from the novel when S2 airs. The version of the story in the drama and the version of the story in the novel will be too different

Is there a way to read it, a link? Like I'm gonna have to prepare again myself :D THua ending is an explosion of emotions, how does the leaked script ends?

nathsketch:
I want to feel those arrows in my body ??

Craaaaaaaaaaazy you <3 :D

AH :

I genuinely thought about starting a thread along those lines. But I can't repost and comment on a whole novel. It's just not feasable. Unless someone would like to generously sponsor my sabbatical ^^

I'd be throwing money at you if I could haha

Symbolika1:

Is there a way to read it, a link? Like I'm gonna have to prepare again myself :D THua ending is an explosion of emotions, how does the leaked script ends?

This is what liddi shared with us a few days ago:

This is based on what I quickly read so far from the leaked script. Haven't read everything yet - I picked and chose episodes that I was most interested in.

Things retained:

• the questions Xiang Liu asked Xiao Yao when he probed her mind, her refusal to answer that final question and her plaintive question to him
  • Xiao Yao sending Xiang Liu the ice crystal ball, and waiting for him in vain by the sea for him to come

Things changed:

• Cang Xuan colluding with Hou to kill Jing is just a product of a illusion created by his grandfather, to remind him of the consequences should he give in to his inner desires and kills Jing over Xiao Yao
  • Xiao Yao's hair apparently turned white after Jing's death, but was restored in the end
  • Xiao Yao never sees Xiang Liu's true form, and by extension her clinging on to Xiang Liu afterwards because the assassination attempt was omitted.
  • After Xiao Yao passed out due to extensive loss of blood extracted by Xiang Liu, he kissed her wrists to heal the wounds and held her unconscious form in his arms in grief
  • A Nian brought the unconscious Xiao Yao to Jade Mountain at Xiang Liu's request, with the knowledge of the Royal Mother. Xiang Liu later extracts an oath from her never to reveal anything to Xiao Yao
  • Xiang Liu's true form appears when he destroys the bug - 8 heads at first (because he lost one life saving her after the Plum Forest assassination). We do see how indeed each head is tied to each life, when he killed one life to lure out the bug, and sacrificed two more lives to finally kill it
  • The copious amount of blood he took from Xiao Yao was not to save Jing, but for Xiao Yao to recover after he forcibly lured the lover's bug out of her and killed it
  • A Nian was grieved when the clam shell disintegrated in a sudden snow fall, leaving no trace of Xiang Liu ever being there
  • Jing survives not because Xiang Liu saved him, but of Xiao Yao's blood pill and him using a puppet which took the arrow during the attack. He was trapped in an underground cave, and would not have survived if he had not taken Xiao Yao's pill to regain his strength and clawed his way out
  • Xiao Yao found out about Xiang Liu's death before the wedding. This time the scene ends with the song she sang to lure Fei Fei
  • A Nian's sadness while giving the big bellied doll to Xiao Yao, reminding her specifically to bring it with her wherever she goes, so that a part of Xiang Liu is forever with her, even if she doesn't know it 
  • Xiao Yao and Jing leave for Qingshui town after their wedding, instead of going to the ocean to settle down in one of the many uncharted islands

Things I like:

•  We get to see Xiang Liu's POV, his heartache when he pushes her away; upset when he felt Xiao Yao and Jing kissing passionately, which also confirms that he feels her every emotion; how he treasures the tear pearl, even to his very last breath.  
  • We hear his thoughts, which explains why he does the things he does
  • We get scenes of the Chenrong army as they prepare for the final battle to the last man, despite Hong Jiang (Gong Gong) giving them permission to leave without fear of dishonour. 
  • His final stand, even after he dies which has me tearing up just reading it

Things that are questionable:

• By taking Xiang Liu's role of saving Jing out of the picture, it makes no sense how he could have thought it possible to ensure Xiao Yao has someone to rely on for life. Unless it is explained in the sections I skipped, this doesn't sound very plausible, and is regrettable that they would sacrifice logic just to allow Jing to have a more active role in his survival and subsequent return back to her
  • Her not settling down at the ocean, but at Qingshui town negates all that Xiang Liu prepared to enable her to always have a place to go, including preparing the map of the sea for her. Unless they are planning to go down the route of she will always be able to breathe under the ocean and retreat there whenever it suits her, the script effectively demolishes 2 out of the 3 things Xiang Liu sacrificed to prepare for her

I might add on or amend this list after I get the chance to read it properly. Either way, the changes do not  appear as bad as I initially feared and I look forward to see how the final version plays out.