We are performing scheduled database maintenance, which may cause temporary downtime. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.
 Dramadoggy2021:

Okay can we ask them to make the alternative ending for xL ..like those neat  fan fiction? We know the main drama they won’t change …????I will skip the death and happy ever after with Jing ..

Actually I will accept his death then he returns comes alive and then XL and Xy live happily ever after ..

lol I wish for an alternate ending too. I saw someone make this comment on Reddit:

"He's the author's pet and will be tortured to his death. Maybe author-now scriptwriter will give us a mini extension side story of modern reincarnation. She specifically gave Xiang Liu an epilogue chapter when all the other guys don't get an extra chapter. Maybe she'll do some more extra and up that up. Let Jing have her in this life and let Xiang Liu have her in reincarnation lol"

I know they're going to follow the novel ending extremely closely. Somebody filmed it. *warning spoilers* https://www.youtube.com/shorts/eFWrNaTRq0U

Us XL fans can only hope that YaoLiu special is true

Kokuto:

After going through the photo gallery far too many times, (shakes fist at whoever deleted all those pics), I believe this is a photoshopped image of this pic.  I've no idea why, though.

dangit I thought it was from a new scene. Nice detective eyes. I never would've guessed it was photoshopped lol

Elise:

lol I wish for an alternate ending too. I saw someone make this comment on Reddit:

"He's the author's pet and will be tortured to his death. Maybe author-now scriptwriter will give us a mini extension side story of modern reincarnation. She specifically gave Xiang Liu an epilogue chapter when all the other guys don't get an extra chapter. Maybe she'll do some more extra and up that up. Let Jing have her in this life and let Xiang Liu have her in reincarnation lol"

I know they're going to follow the novel ending extremely closely. Somebody filmed it. *warning spoilers* https://www.youtube.com/shorts/eFWrNaTRq0U

Us XL fans can only hope that YaoLiu special is true

Never wished for a rushed ending as much as I'm wishing for this drama lol

They better not take out the scenes  where she cries for XL’s death…..they can take out her blaming him for not caring about her thiugh

nathsketch:

In every drama, every single one of those magical beings comes back to life after some 500-1000 years. 

But this one, the most important one, will remain dead forever? Spare me this nonsense. There has to be a strand of soul somewhere.

Right??? In every Xianxia drama, somebody dies and gets resurrected. How come XL dies permanently while every other main character in Xianxia dramas gets to come back to life? It's not fair ?

Elise:

Right??? In every Xianxia drama, somebody dies and gets resurrected. How come XL dies permanently while every other main character in Xianxia dramas gets to come back to life? It's not fair ?

It's the most infuriatingly absurd love story ever written. I give up.

Elise:

In the novel, XY gets to meet her mother and her father’s spirit, even though they both were believed to have died 300+ years ago. XY is resurrected twice. TSJ is resurrected once and saved from the brink of death by XY’s healing blood and medical care two other times (when they first meet and after XY’s assassination). And XL burns through nine separate lives. 

If XL still ended up getting resurrected (against his will), death would really be meaningless in this story ?

liddi:
FFB (unrestrained smile): Who... do you like?

Xiao Yao was stunned.
Tushan Jing anxiously stared at the Xiao Yao in the water mirror, hope in his eyes.
Xiao Yao felt that Fangfeng Bei was deliberately embarrassing her, and glared at him,

XY: What kind of rubbish question is that? Change to another one.
FFB: I will ask what I want to ask. All you need to do is answer. If you don't, that means you lose.
XY (sly smile): Fine I'll answer! The one I like is... the one I want to spend the rest of my life with.

The hope in Tushan Jing's eyes faded, and his eyes dimmed.
Fangfeng Bei stared at Xiao Yao.

XY said "The one I like is... the one I want to spend the rest of my life with." ? Please god I hope this part of the leaked script is true ?

liddi:
XY: If given the chance, would you still choose this path?
FFB (silent momentarily): I will!
XY: Why?

Fangfeng Bei quietly stared at Xiao Yao. Just when Xiao Yao thought he would refuse to answer, he laughed.

FFB: Because on this path, I met a very important person. If I had chosen another path, I might have never met her.

Xiao Yao did not understand that the person he referred to was a "she" 她, not "he" 他 (both are pronounced the same - tā )

XY: You are really loyal to your foster father!

Xiao Yao lost interest and got up to leave without even taking her winnings.

Aww FFB is really sweet. Too bad XY thought he was talking about his foster father.

liddi:
XY: Whom should I marry if not Feng Long?

Fangfeng Bei raised his eyebrows, a playful look on his face.

FFB: You ask me, whom should I ask?
XY (angrily): In any case, no matter whom I marry, that person must not be married, nor an enemy of my brother.

I think I saw this scene in one of the trailers. 

liddi:
Xiao Yao hesitated and looked back at Fangfeng Bei but he had already turned to leave. She looked at his departing figure in loss and sadness and opened her mouth, but ultimately did not call out.
A Nian ran over.

AN: Sister, what are you looking at? I called you several times but you ignored me.
XY (sadly): Nothing. Just a passerby who occasionally kept me company in this world. Ultimately he wasn't someone who can travel with me all the way after all.

Xiao Yao turned and left with A Nian.
Fangfeng Bei stopped walking and turned to see the direction in which Xiao Yao had left. In the distance, Xiao Yao, A Nian and Xingyue's cheerful voices faded away, returning to the world they belong to.
A flash of desolation passed through Fangfeng Bei's eyes. It seemed as if his and Xiao Yao's worlds were now separated forever.

Depressing tbh. I found the scene in the novel better where they stared at each other until the doors closed. Also thanks for the translations!!

AH :
If XL still ended up getting resurrected (against his will), death would really be meaningless in this story ?

We know that Tong Hua said his story is done.

But also ??

?

@blimarch

"And since this gentle alter-ego version of XL is one very attractive solution to her fears against god of war XL... and considering how conveniently FFB appeared after XL took some notes during the beach scene..." 

I don't think FFB conveniently apperead, he was already there for the past 400 years or so?  She was the one who showed up and got involved with that circle of people once her true identity was revealed.  And about the flirt mode... That îs just how FFB was, I think everyone described him as a playboy, like everyone knew him as a playboy, he îs been like that  long before XY came into the picture. And I belive XY once said that at first she was expecting FFB to hit on her or something, giving his reputation, but she was surprised to find out that that was not really the case and that he actually really took the archery lessons serios.  Also flirting and being a playboy doesn't really make him husband material / long term companion and we know already that that îs what XY was looking for. 

"Why don't you stop being a princess and wander the world with me?" 

I am not sure about that, but I guess there were times while living as FFB when he gets caught în the moment to the point that sometimes he himself forgets that he îs also XL.

" on the beach, why was XL heartbroken "

I think he was heartbroken for different reasons, but his intention to meet her was to get revenge, so at first he was angry because he belived she lied to him and took him for a fool, and after he was heartbroken because I belive în a way he would have preffered it that way, but instead he realised that, beside lying to him about being the princess, her past and everything else she told him was all true. She allowed them to get close, even though, unlike him, she did know her real identity. 

liddi:
At the gambling den, Fangfeng Bei walked out from the crowd and sat opposite Xiao Yao.  She calmly sized him up.

XY: What should we bet on?
FFB (indolently): Not money. Let's bet on something else. Do you dare?

Xiao Yao hesitated.

XY: What's there to be afraid of? Name it.
FFB: Higher number wins. The loser must answer a question truthfully.
XY (indifferently): Alright. Let's gamble!

Xiao Yao and Fangfeng Bei took up the dice cup and waved it. Fangfeng Bei obtained 6,6,5 while Xiao Yao first got 2 6s and a still spinning 3rd dice, which ended up on a 4. Xiao Yao's face changed while the gamblers present shushed each other.

FFB (unrestrained smile): Who... do you like?

Xiao Yao was stunned.
Tushan Jing anxiously stared at the Xiao Yao in the water mirror, hope in his eyes.
Xiao Yao felt that Fangfeng Bei was deliberately embarrassing her, and glared at him,

I'm back on desktop now. So this scene is an adaptation of the gambling den scene in chapter 29... Does XY not mention the bugs being Lovers' Bugs to XL in the adapted scene? Does the scene still end with XL stopping XY from leaving to take her to eat at the one-armed veteran's donkey meat restaurant? I assume yes given the intro you gave for the next scene. 

I also see that they kept TSJ watching XY through the water mirror... which I was never a huge fan of. So I assume this is yet another scene where XL knows that TSJ is watching and listening (which was probably at least part of the reason he asked XY his first question in the first place) while XY is unaware. 

Elise:

Don't give me hope ? I've written off chapter 43 as never happening due to censorship issues, cgi issues, and the leaked script. But I do wonder how they're going to change the story so she'll encounter Left Ear again. 

Yeah I don't think we're getting chapter 43. I've given up hope on that one. I'm a bit worried that they aren't going to include Left Ear very much in S2, if at all. He and Miao Pu didn't seem to be with XY and TSJ in the shots that we've seen from the finale when they set out on their journey together (with XY holding XL's big-bellied laughing doll). 

Well the seem to cut the chapters from 30 something to only 22?  

Well they need to get rid of some scenes like with Fenglong’s sister ? ..can’t stand her ..and the guy who tried to assasinate CX (while xy was hugging Cx for dear life to protect him) and the girl he likes ..has no bearing to the whole story .

please  just more sweet moments with XL…the sad part i will skip and await for that other ending ..happy with Xl 

Man what’s with Jing watching her through a water mirror?  Stalker .gees ..

Dramadoggy2021:
please just more sweet moments with XL…the sad part i will skip and await for that other ending ..happy with Xl

Same

Dramadoggy2021:
Man what’s with Jing watching her through a water mirror? Stalker .gees ..

LOL

blimarch:
XL doesn't seem to be sincerely fixed on his choice. Otherwise, why:

would he often tests XY love for him?

Which scenes are you referring to? When XL asks XY who she most wants to spend her entire life with? In the novel he hesitates before asking that one but can't help himself. He's curious. I don't think that means he wasn't still committed to his choice. 

blimarch:
would he be on extreme flirt mode with XY as FFB? He could just have been a mild non-provocking FFB, it wouldn't change anything to his cover but it would have made it easier for XY not to fall in love with him. And since this gentle alter-ego version of XL is one very attractive solution to her fears against god of war XL... and considering how conveniently FFB appeared after XL took some notes during the beach scene...

As blabla100 mentioned, FFB already had that reputation before XY came along. I would also add that it was a safe way for XL to get to flirt and be close with XY without it being "real" and undermining his choice, because XY never took the flirting seriously since it was so over-the-top and because of his reputation. And I'm sure she enjoyed it, since she was feeling lonely and neglected at the time with TSJ not visiting her for a long time (16 months iirc). 

As for him appearing "conveniently", blabla100 correctly mentioned that XL had that alter ego for 400+ years. He can't appear as XL in Xiyan, so of course when XY goes there she's going to see him as FFB and not as XL. 

blimarch:
"Who do you want/wish me to be" > would XL have assumed to hear XY answer had she said "XL"? What would he have won? What next ?

XY tells him who she wants him to be: FFB forever. Unfortunately, he's not willing to fulfill that desire.

blimarch:
"Why don't you stop being a princess and wander the world with me?" > if she'd known he loved her, and if she did stop being a princess,  would he have let himself be loved? (and having all the elements, resourceful and decided as she is, XY would have find an alternative way to protect CX - because it's the only thing that she cares about, not the politics)

This scene happens before XY knows for sure that FFB is XL. She answers him in the drama: "Okay. If you give up everything, I'll go with you." After FFB stares at her for a few moments, he can only smile and laugh sardonically. XY then says, "Don't try to fool me." She called his bluff. 

The scene in chapter 16 of the novel is very similar:

Fang Feng Bei asked half seriously half in jest, “Why don’t you not be a Princess anymore and go wander the world with me?”

Xiao Yao giggled. “Sure! If you can let everything go first.”

Fang Feng Bei chuckled while Xiao Yao stared at him. She felt like she called him on his bullshit. When she was wandering the world being a con artist, he was likely home tickling his maids!

blimarch:
on the beach, why was XL heartbroken in the first place despite supposedly having set his mind up as soon as he knew that XY was Princess of Haoling? Doesn't makes sense unless he hoped for a chance together with XY

We don't know exactly when XL decided not to pursue XY or if he ever really thought that pursuing something with her was possible. The novel gives us very little insight into his thoughts. We know that he had definitely decided to push her to be with TSJ by chapter 22 (based on his choices at the end of their 37 years in the clam shell...) but before that? When he was FFB he was clear with XY that their relationship was a temporary one and he (IMO) never seriously pursued a romance with her. He kept his role to just a mentor and a companion (albeit, a flirtatious one). So he seemed to have at least partly made the decision before then. 

The novel doesn't show us much about what his thoughts were before he met XY in her true form for the first time... other than that he wasn't terribly happy with her. The novel even suggests that he came close to killing her... despite loving her and their lives being connected through the bugs already. I'm really not sure how seriously we're supposed to read that part...

“The Princess of Gao Xing?” Xiang Liu laughed coldly “No wonder you would die to save Zhuan Xu.”

Xiao Yao didn’t dare say anything more.

Xiang Liu’s hand seemed to casually rest on her shoulder and his finger passed by her neck and he softly said, “What else have you lied about? Why don’t you come clean all together today. I won’t kill you.”

“I told you before, I only bullshit but I never say anything fake. I like to talk because I’m afraid of being lonely. If I’m full of lies, then the more I talk the lonelier I’ll get.”

Xiang Liu’s sharp finger retracted in that moment and Xiao Yao never knew how close she was to death.

But shortly after, he says that he's forgiven her for lying to him and asks her to keep making poisons for him. 

XY drawing a line between them with her earnest answer about being afraid of letting him into her dreams... even if XL already knew at that point that there was no future for them, I'm sure it was painful to hear her confirm it like that. 

blimarch:
same with XL asking for sucking XY's blood from her neck. The heck with this inappropriate request from him at this point? Why couldn't he accepts the fact that a woman wouldn't want to be physically intimate and risk her reputation with a man that hasn't confessed to her?

He goes for her neck because that's what he always did. This is just my speculation, but I think XL enjoyed having the excuse to be physically close with XY when he bit and stroked her neck. And for some of the bites there was definitely an erotic element to it.

As for XY's reputation when she regains her true form... why would her reputation be relevant to XL's decision to bite her on the neck or on the wrist? If he was caught in her bed biting her anywhere, or not biting her at all, her reputation would be in the gutter. As far as I can tell, XY stopping XL from biting her neck wasn't about her reputation. It was about drawing a personal boundary. One that XL respected.