Kokuto:

It's tough. If it hadn't been for LYF, I would be all over My Journey to You as I've been WAITING for that show.  It's good, and I'm enjoying it, but I can't get LYF out of my mind.

I'm going to try watching My Journey to You again after all the episodes are out. In the meantime, I'll be watching Under the Skin to get my mind off LYF hopefully

Elise:

I'm going to try watching My Journey to You again after all the episodes are out. In the meantime, I'll be watching Under the Skin to get my mind off LYF hopefully 

Under the Skin is amazing. I’m alone there in the discussions, come join me 😩

nathsketch:

I clicked. You were right, I shouldn't have.

I'm out lol

I was delusional when I read about what happened to him the first time. I was like doesn't he have a lot of lives??? I thought having 10,000 arrows shot through his body would only lose him 1 life....but then I read about his body dissolving into black blood RIP no coming back from that T_T

nathsketch:

Under the Skin is amazing. I’m alone there in the discussions, come join me 😩

I'll join the discussions once I'm done with the show 😄

Elise:

I was delusional when I read about what happened to him the first time. I was like doesn't he have a lot of lives??? I thought having 10,000 arrows shot through his body would only lose him life....but then I read about his body dissolving into black blood RIP no coming back from that T_T 

Yo, there’s absolutely no way I can watch that. I clicked the link and I legit got a headache. Nope. Even thinking about it makes me ill. Yes, I’m being dramatic, but… not really lol

Elise:

from reading the novel, I can tell you there's definitely going to be sexy neck side mumbling in season 2 😉 (if it gets past the censorship of course LOL)

Rubs hands together gleefully. 😁

nathsketch:

Yo, there’s absolutely no way I can watch that. I clicked the link and I legit got a headache. Nope. Even thinking about it makes me ill. Yes, I’m being dramatic, but… not really lol

I think I'm going to shake from anxiety in the very last episode lol. I'm still excited to watch season 2 though because they added a lot more scenes for Xiang Liu that wasn't in the novel. In the novel, he had the least amount of screen time but in the show, he has like the second most screen time (the first being Cang Xuan).......

Kokuto:

Rubs hands together gleefully. 😁

let's just say there's going to be some tumbling on the beach and neck biting ;)

@Elise 

They censored the 37 years under the ocean and reduced it to just a chaste blood transference. I am afraid we won't even get Xiao Yao seeing Xiang Liu in his true form, much less the way she held on to him and refused to let go after that.

liddi:

@Elise 

They censored the 37 years under the ocean and reduced it to just a chaste blood transference. I am afraid we won't even get Xiao Yao seeing Xiang Liu in his true form, much less the way she held on to him and refused to let go after that.

That’s a bummer. Violence and gore are fine, but some precious tender moments are too much for the audience to handle 🤡

Elise:

I think I'm going to shake from anxiety in the very last episode lol. I'm still excited to watch season 2 though because they added a lot more scenes for Xiang Liu that wasn't in the novel. In the novel, he had the least amount of screen time but in the show, he has like the second most screen time (the first being Cang Xuan).......

I don’t get this. What could be the reason for him getting more screen time than his appearances in the novel?

S1 had additional Xiang Liu scenes:
- the heart to heart talk about Xiao Liu being frustrated about allowing herself to rely on anyone, after Shiqi let her down
- Xiang Liu stopping Xiao Liu from letting more blood into the medicine for the Chenrong army, and her delight hugging him when they learnt the medicine is ready to be collected
- the boat ride with Xiang Liu disguised as a woman

etc. 

However, it also omits scenes from the novel which have a level of intimacy, as well as Xiao Yao's feelings regarding him. Among them:
- the consistent transference of air from him to her during their extended underwater date after the love bug was transferred to him. We get a massive bubble instead which required no mouth-to-mouth action.
- the 37 years under the ocean. The novel gives Xiao Yao's POV during that time as she gradually recovers, and describes that during those times when he healed her, he embraced her tightly and she could feel him all over. Once, after the healing, he continued to cuddle her in his arms and told her he hoped she won't hate him after she awoke (since her body has changed).
- Xiao Yao  buried herself in Furball's neck as she wept copious silent tears, knowing Xiang Liu did not want to see her after she woke up
- After Zhuan Xu (Cang Xuan) recovered from his addiction, Xiao Yao brought Jing diving, but when she tried to transfer air to him (she had the fish amethyst, while he didnt), he refused, almost drowning before they went back up.  When asked why, he replied "刚才你眼睛里没有我。 Just now I was not in your eyes".
etc.

With this precedence, I am not hopeful that we will get more intimate scenes between them in S2... Please prove me wrong!

Navi2124:

LOL Totally feeling everyone who’s trying to move on from LYF. If you haven’t seen it already, I actually would recommend trying the Korean reality dating show, Singles Infereno Season 2 because it seriously and eerily parallels the XY-XL-TSJ storyline. I kid you not! There’s a much sought after woman who’s from an extremely rich Korean family and can hold her own. A lower class, former UDT (Korean Navy SEALS), seemingly red flag bad boy who is actually a really responsible principled guy. A devoted, sensitive, I will wait for you forever guy. Some crazy awesome chemistry in the water. (Pool scene!) Mixed messages. People keeping others apart. Longing and tears. Fans desperate for closure. The first two episodes are really slow, but in Episode 3, when Jinyoung walks on to the beach - heck yah!

And like XL, he has quite a back story that you can check out in his interview with his mentor and fellow UDT soldier, Agent H. (Did I mention that he is super loyal to his soldier buddies?)

You have now piqued my curiosity! But I’m already rolling my eyes at the “I’ll wait for you forever guy” lol. I don’t know you UDT soldier, but I already love you 🤣 I’ll give it a try! 

@liddi those directorial  decisions of what to omit and what to expand make me so confused. Sure, by now most of us already know how it all ends, but it still makes me scratch my head. Even with all the omissions, the chemistry remains off the charts.

Since I was talking about Downton Abbey a few hours ago, and to quote Cousin Violet, “what a waste of a good pudding”.