We are performing scheduled database maintenance, which may cause temporary downtime. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.

It does help that I know în advance what to expect and that for sure is going to make the fall less painful. I am the type of person who doesn't mind spoilers when it comes to romances, I like to know the whole story before starting one, because time îs short and I don't really want to commit myself to something that îs not going to be my cup of tea, especially because as I said, I don't like to leave things unfinnished. That îs why I never watch 2 dramas at once, nor do I read 2 books at once, I take everything one at a time. With LYF I do feel a little cheated, I admit (as I said, it didn't help that most of the fan made MVs I have seen on yt were XL-XY related and also the trailer was missleading IMO, I just didn't give a second thought about them not being the end game when I started watching) but it is what it is and nothing I can't do anymore.  Good thing is that now I am prepared for the worse, so whatever comes better than my expectations în S2 îs going to be a bonus. 

Chances are that I would have still watched LYF regardless of knowing în advance that XL is not her 1st love interest, but probably I would have enjoyed it more, because I wouldn't have been disappointed, as I am now. 

Kokuto:
I may be ready to burn it all down in season 2, but season 1 was amazing to me. And XL / FFB was the be all and end all for me. I don't care what anyone else says, once they got the PLB, every time XL / FFB looks at XY I know, deep in my bones, that his love is vaster than the oceans. And every time XY looks at XL / FBB, that love is reflected in her eyes, and beneath her confusion and fear and idiocy, she loves him and wants to spend the rest of her life with him.

Even before the PLB, their scenes were electric. I loved their banter, their 'dates,' their arguments, their partnerships, their firey attraction, and how their relationship grew. They made me sweat and cry and laugh and scream in frustration and smile sappily.

That was beautiful <3

blabla100:

I didn't know anything about LYF either, I was just looking for something to watch after tteftm and I came across lyf on YouTube, while browsing for fans MVs. There werent that many, because the drama was still ongoing, but most (if not all) of them were XL-XY related, so I didn't even doubt that  they are the main leads. Imagine my disappointment...  I honestly wouldn't have picked it up if I knew they are not the end game. The 3 mins trailer I saw was also missleading, tbh, so I can't really blame myself. 

I had no idea about LYF too. I just started watching it after seeing pictures of Xiang Liu. But I didn't ship him with XY in the beginning strangely enough. I shipped her with Jing early on and warmed up to YaoLiu after seeing their bonding and ocean scenes.

Before reading all the spoilers and the novel, I really thought YaoLiu had a chance. After XY and Jing found out Fangfeng Yi Ying was pregnant and XY broke up with Jing, I really thought Jing was out of the picture for good. I thought this was going to be like Moon Brightens for You where the female lead didn't end up with the first guy she had a relationship with. 

Plus XL scored the first kiss (Yes, I'm delusional and count the air kiss as a real kiss XD) and like you, I thought the trailer was misleading (I didn't see the trailer until I was more than halfway done with the show). It showed XY breaking up with Jing and XY angrily telling Cang Xuan he killed him. This made me believe XL was the only option left for her....... Imagine my surprise and disappointment when I read that she gets back with Jing and XL dies at the end >.>

BTW I'm curious, is anyone else here an ex-Jinger too? I abandoned ship ever since episode 30, the episode when XL took XY away and spent years under the sea to revive her. Idk ever since that episode and the events happening with Jing after that, I couldn't support him anymore.

I suppose I could be considered an ex-Jinger, sort of, because I started watching LYF because of Deng Wei. I liked his character in Miss the Dragon, and he was kind of interesting in Till the End of the Moon (even though his scenes were almost nonexistent), so I thought why not? Never really been a fan of Yang Zi, but decided to watch it anyway.

As for Xiang Liu, I saw no pictures, watched no trailers, nothing. I went in knowing absolutely nothing about anything. I remember that Viki’s comment section was filled with people talking about this dude called Tan Jian Ci and how great he was I was like “who dis”? Is he the cousin? Sweet summer child…

So… is this what they call love at first sight? ?

@Elise 

If you are delusional about that first kiss, so am I, and the director (who wanted the shot to look beautiful) and Deng Wei / Jing (who wanted to know how much he would have to pay TenCent to remove that scene in a post on Weibo.)

Wait a minute ... XL is totally the first choice, not the last.  ;pppp

nathsketch:
As for Xiang Liu, I saw no pictures, watched no trailers, nothing. I went in knowing absolutely nothing about anything. I remember that Viki’s comment section was filled with people talking about this dude called Tan Jian Ci and how great he was I was like “who dis”? Is he the cousin? Sweet summer child…

So… is this what they call love at first sight? ?

Yes.  Yes it is. It's like XY lying on the floor and seeing XL's mask melt away.

blimarch:

That was beautiful <3

Awww.  Thank you.  Just trying to express my feelings.

Serendipity!  The trailer for that fanfiction showed up on my twitter feed!  It's two parts.

Trailer: With You Forever part 1

Trailer: With You Forever part 2

You guys are exceptional in keeping the momentum with these conversations and GIFs. When I arrived from work, I barely had the strength to contribute, even for one comment. I have to wait until I have completed my other housewife duties, and then I rushed to open this thread to scour for more XL tidbits. It is my energizer and keeps me going like the energizer bunny. 

However, reading through all the comments, I am convincing myself to embrace what is inevitable. (reminds me of Thanos). 

Kokuto:

Serendipity!  The trailer for that fanfiction showed up on my twitter feed!  It's two parts.

Trailer: With You Forever part 1

Trailer: With You Forever part 2

OH LORD 

The way I'd be financing this thing if I had the money!

NOW GIVE ME MY HAPPY ENDING YOU SUCKERS!!!

MissUnderstood50:

You guys are exceptional in keeping the momentum with these conversations and GIFs. When I arrived from work, I barely had the strength to contribute, even for one comment. I have to wait until I have completed my other housewife duties, and then I rushed to open this thread to scour for more XL tidbits. It is my energizer and keeps me going like the energizer bunny. 

However, reading through all the comments, I am convincing myself to embrace what is inevitable. (reminds me of Thanos). 

We are in this together!! This is our Xiang Liu Nation and we're here to provide only the best energy!

LMAO.  That Austin Powers gif is SO me when I look at XL.  LOL!

Best energy is the Involuntary Bottle Squeeze Energy.

nathsketch:

The way I'd be financing this thing if I had the money!

NOW GIVE ME MY HAPPY ENDING YOU SUCKERS!!!

That's right!  Just BUY that happy ending! ;pp

I could have sworn I saw XY or some woman using a burning bow and a huge tidal wave, so I think there's a third trailer.

MissUnderstood50:

Yes.  I think we are die hard fans.  Even though we may sound ... a bit critical, I think we all have our ways of keeping our appreciation and hopes for XL and his relationships alive and kicking.  I'm glad if it helps with your XL appreciation.  I know this place certainly helps feed mine. ;p

Yes, there's a range of reactions to how things will end, both in the novel and in the drama, when it is released.  I imagine the topics and comments will be flooded when it airs.  But we're a step or ten ahead.  Another benefit of the thread. :)