We are performing scheduled database maintenance, which may cause temporary downtime. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.
 fancy:
that s2 is different

AH, please, it's that time of the day.

Me: "Significant changes".

Now you:

nathsketch:

Now you: 

I'm a bit confused tbh ? what does this mean

liddi:
Based on S1 alone, it is a good drama, faithfully adapted with an excellent cast who delivers their roles beautifully. I have seen the uproar from Chinese book fans who are dissatisfied even with S1, but I think for the most part, I truly enjoyed it. If the changes in S2 are to be believed, then I think it is ultimately a YaoJing vehicle, which would make at least 1/3 of the fandom happy. YaoXuan should not be too badly off either while YaoLiu were probably meant to join Xiang Liu as the target for Ru Shou's sea of arrows.

YaoLiu got robbed for sure. We didn't get any good changes.

the writers talking to us xD :

AH :
I do recall someone popping into this thread shortly after that and saying they'd created an account because we weren't talking enough here ^^

That was me, yes. I was so mad that the Jingers had a longer thread.

Now, out of spite, I created 4 threads just for him. I should be creating more, all over MDL and all the way to China LOL ( ˶⚈Ɛ⚈˵)

AH :
Someone who knew that XL was going to die asked for the specifics!

Respect. Life goals.

AH :
Credit still goes to Kokuto for starting that ^^

That's true, Kokuto is my Samwise. You're my Bilbo.

fancy:

Every time I read something like: "It's going to be different", or "there'll be significant changes", I get my hopes up. Then AH comes in and deflates me like a balloon, saying that they're not the significant changes I wish they were hahahaha

Our inside joke :)

nathsketch:

Now you: 

Not those kinds of changes nathsketch! ^^

fancy:

I keep deleting this part from my mind because this was such an admirable thing that she did and it's now given to Xuan? For what. Ughhh they took my psycho away and XY's greatest accomplishment. 

In the novel, the compendium of medical texts were completed before Xiao Yao's first planned wedding to Jing. This was moved to after Xiao Yao and Jing left after their wedding, with Cang Xuan feeling melancholic seeing her name as the first of many who initiated and worked on the research. 

I only had a quick glance through that sections but from what I see, the Xuan Yuan-Gao Xin war should be quite similar to the novel, with Cang Xuan finally hearing from the Gao Xin king his intent all along. Which wedding scene are you referring to? Feng Long's is quite faithful to the book if I remember correctly. Xiao Yao was not drunk on her wedding night to Jing, and they decided to retreat to Qingshui Town after that.

I remember Yang Zi spoiling that there will be changes in S2, but not anyone else. I am curious how the actors who have read the novel actually feel about the changes. If I remember correctly, Tan Jianci and Yang Zi have both read it. And how much of those changes has Tong Hua's stamp of approval. I am aware of situations where the scriptwriter is frustrated by the butchering of their script but can do nothing about it. Is this one such instance too? Ah well...

fancy:

nathsketch:

Every time I read something like: "It's going to be different", or "there'll be significant changes", I get my hopes up. Then AH comes in and deflates me like a balloon, saying that they're not the significant changes I wish they were hahahaha

Our inside joke :)

What nathsketch said ^^

nathsketch:
That's true, Kokuto is my Samwise. You're my Bilbo.

Why does that feel rather fitting? The one hobbit who went ahead and enjoyed all the novel details and brought back tidbits to the peaceful shire, and the little nephew hobbit and friend who listened to uncle Bilbo's stories and later had to step up and deal with the consequences of what he brought back. 

AH :

Not those kinds of changes nathsketch! ^^

liddi:
Xiao Yao was not drunk on her wedding night to Jing,

well that's disappointing to hear ?

AH :
Why does that feel rather fitting? The one hobbit who went ahead and enjoyed all the novel details and brought back tidbits to the peaceful shire, and the little nephew hobbit and friend who listened to uncle Bilbo's stories and later had to step up and deal with the consequences of what he brought back.

And me dealing with the ending:

Elise:

YaoLiu got robbed for sure. We didn't get any good changes.

the writers talking to us xD :

It's nonstop robbery. Soon we'll be left with only our empty wallets.

liddi:
Xiao Yao was not drunk on her wedding night to Jing

I just... in the novel XY cries and gets drunk on her wedding night and iirc XL was still alive (but thankfully the bug connection was broken so he wouldn't have felt anything if there was something to feel) or at least the news of his death hadn't reached XY yet. 

How can the drama have XL die before XY's wedding and also make it so that she doesn't cry or get drunk and instead has a normal wedding night with TSJ?

liddi:
and they decided to retreat to Qingshui Town after that.

So she doesn't decide to leave right after XL's death. I'm not surprised, but I am disappointed again.

AH :
How can the drama have XL die before XY's wedding and also make it so that she doesn't cry or get drunk and instead has a normal wedding night with TSJ?

Are you still maintaining your initial position? Can I start buying additional flamethrowers? Can we sue?

nathsketch:

And me dealing with the ending:

Me admiring the novel ending and hearing someone say they want the drama to change it:

Running to bring more novel excerpts: