Elise:

Slightly off topic, but Xiang Liu and Xiao Yao's relationship really reminds me of Daemon and Rhaenyra from House of The Dragon. Both of these couples have insane chemistry:

There is this one scene when Rhaenerya was about to kiss Daemon but he backs off. It really reminded me of the scene in LYF in episode 37 where Xiao Yao was about to kiss Xiang Liu but he backed off as well 🥺

I still haven't watched HOTD, but I've seen countless clips and yes, so much yes. There was one person who even said that Matt and Tan are incredibly similar in their portrayal of the characters. 

*rushes to go rewatch all the 11th Doctor episodes* hahah

Elise:

Yesss, if it was a typical drama, Xiao Yao would've ended up with Cang Xuan.

I said this before and I'll say it again, I don't see the chemistry with Jing AT ALL. All the chemistry is with Xiang Liu when he's in his Fang Feng Bei persona. 

There's no chemistry, please. There's Deng Wei being handsome, but that's it. Beauty does not automatically equate to chemistry. He had chemistry with that cute bird girl in Mess the Dragon. That's chemistry. I used to rewatch those scenes because those were really amazing

AH :

Fair enough. 

It would be nice, though, if Kokuto was right all along and the script is totally fake and the "unpredictable changes" were really just that they made no changes at all and the script was just "leaked" so we would be surprised. Totally a realistic option, yes? 

Yep.  Kokuto promises not to be too insufferable if Kokuto Was Right. Kokuto won't do something like change her handle to Kokuto Was Right.  And Kokuto certainly won't talk about herself in third person.  LOL!  :pppp

Seriously, though, more often than not, leaks and scoops aren't reliable.  And I need all my energy to cry over XL in my rewatches and parsing every little detail over Tan Jian Ci's performance and marvel at Tong Hua's genius and cruelty.  Speaking of ... Tong Hua IS part of the script writing process.  I have to trust that she will have some say about XL's treatment and the intent of her work.  And I think most who have read the book are pretty happy with how close it is to the book -- outside of the censorship issues, which the creators really have no control over.

Kokuto Was Right is a handle I want to see, please.

nathsketch:

Kokuto Was Right is a handle I want to see, please.

Hahahaha.  Only if you change yours to Kokuto Is Insufferable. ;pppppp

nathsketch:

I still haven't watched HOTD, but I've seen countless clips and yes, so much yes. There was one person who even said that Matt and Tan are incredibly similar in their portrayal of the characters. 

*rushes to go rewatch all the 11th Doctor episodes* hahah

Matt and Tan are so similar in their portrayal of their characters. Both of them give their love interests loving looks when they're not looking. And they give off "bad boy" vibes ahahaha. They're both ruthless too when it's necessary.

*sigh* 💞

Kokuto:
Yep.  Kokuto promises not to be too insufferable if Kokuto Was Right. Kokuto won't do something like change her handle to Kokuto Was Right.  And Kokuto certainly won't talk about herself in third person.  LOL!  :pppp

^^

My first post and its a vent!

My ship was initially with the other cp, but by the time he tried to extract a 15 year promise (while still very much engaged!!! which is pretty much the same as being married) was just  🤬). Every quiet stalking, trying to prevent xiao yao from interacting more with ffb was just 😡) . Its true that he didnt have the choice with the engagement (but isnt this the same reason married men try to give when they play around 😡). Xiang liu was the opposite,  always quietly protecting. 

Its interesting that some post refer to xiang liu as abusive, yet havent acknowledged how jing is like a married man in a loveless marriage asking someone they like to wait when he finally gets free of his shackles 😤

on a more positive note, tjc had a broadcast tonight where he sang “moon represents my heart” which is like one of the scene where xiao yao and xiang liu went to watch the moon 😍

Elise:

Matt and Tan are so similar in their portrayal of their characters. Both of them give their love interests loving looks when they're not looking. And they give off "bad boy" vibes ahahaha. They're both ruthless too when it's necessary.

*sigh* 💞

YOOOO I need to start House of the Dragon then. It can't be helped 🤷🏻‍♀️

Kokuto:

Hahahaha.  Only if you change yours to Kokuto Is Insufferable. ;pppppp

But you're not 😭

bugei:

My ship was initially with the other cp, but by the time he tried to extract a 15 year promise (while still very much engaged!!! which is pretty much the same as being married) was just  🤬). Every quiet stalking, trying to prevent xiao yao from interacting more with ffb was just 😡) . Its true that he didnt have the choice with the engagement (but isnt this the same reason married men try to give when they play around 😡). Xiang liu was the opposite,  always quietly protecting. 

Its interesting that some post refer to xiang liu as abusive, yet havent acknowledged how jing is like a married man in a loveless marriage asking someone they like to wait when he finally gets free of his shackles 😤

on a more positive note, tjc had a broadcast tonight where he sang “moon represents my heart” which is like one of the scene where xiao yao and xiang liu went to watch the moon 😍

Hey there! Welcome! That's a nice first post. My mind feels calm, my heart is beating steadily, and my hair is even shining brighter after reading those 10 lines of text.

Thank you for that. Here, have a cookie 🍪, a hug 🤗, and let me see that neck... 🤭😎

haha!!!  have calmed down and eating melon at weibo 🥰

if only tonghua writes stories with happier ending

fingers crossed season 2 doesnt cut out much of xiang liu scenes due to the cp ranking that the other pairing got. but at at least tong hua is still involved in the production so fingers crossed they dont change much

now i need to find me a good book with a happier ending. just finished legend of shen li

bugei:

haha!!!  have calmed down and eating melon at weibo 🥰

if only tonghua writes stories with happier ending

fingers crossed season 2 doesnt cut out much of xiang liu scenes due to the cp ranking that the other pairing got. but at at least tong hua is still involved in the production so fingers crossed they dont change much

now i need to find me a good book with a happier ending. just finished legend of shen li

She likes to put us through the wringer :(

I'm keeping my expectations very very low, 'cause luck is not on our side 😭

What's that ranking I keep hearing about? A friend from Germany showed me different results on the Tencent app yesterday.

nathsketch:

YOOOO I need to start House of the Dragon then. It can't be helped 🤷🏻‍♀️

Please do. It's so good!! You'll find yourself rooting for Team Black (Rhaenyra) more than Team Green (Alicent). Team Green is so messy and scheming.

bugei:

This tbh. He has a fiancee so him still getting into a relationship with Xiao Yao....it was like they were having an affair behind everyone's back. Doing relationship things behind closed doors seemed so shady to me.... 

Plus the stalking... I've been stalked in real life and it really affected my mental health. Seeing Jing following Xiao Yao around was not a good look for him. I keep thinking about the time Fang Feng Bei reached out his hand and was about to touch Xiao Yao's face. He stopped when he noticed Jing was behind them and had to act all angry. UGH.