We are performing scheduled database maintenance, which may cause temporary downtime. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.
 nathsketch:

I'm holding on to this belief as if my life depended on it.

Also, can I borrow your I believe buttons? 😹

You don't need to borrow them. I'll supply you with a lifetime supply of them!!

MTH123:

Exactly! I keep thinking it's almost a crime to hurt us this much. (It's so not the Golden Rule?) For me, it's mostly all the crying. Having said that, I've never enjoyed crying this much, while also eagerly wanting to read more... and cry more, lol.

So, okay, the ending for XY isn't tragic. But, can Tong Hua agree that there's plenty of tragedy along the way?

Hey MTH!

I'm... confused. I thought you were a Jinger. Aren't you? LOL even if you are, that's not a problem, it's just that I could swear that I've seen your cute heart profile pic on the main comment section, but you were talking about Jing. I think. I don't know anymore. 😹

It's either that, or I really am losing my mind. I wouldn't be surprised, tho. I'm really going mad.

liddi:
Tong Hua interviews are like searching for a needle in a haystack. This is the only one I managed to find of her so far. Her Weibo account has also not been updated for a long time. I really want to hear what she has to say, particularly of the drama.

Speaking of the drama, I really really  hope what you say is true too. The sliver of hope I had been clinging to previously was that what was leaked was not the finalised version. Another rumour floating around is that there is an easter egg in the end for Xiang Liu, though no details are given. Enough rumours. Just drop S2 and put us out of our misery!

Thank you so much for finding this interview and translating it! Please keep sharing whatever you find.

I read somewhere that Tong Hua didn't like being a scriptwriter for her own novels, because she had already lived them when she wrote them. (She has been a scriptwriter for other  dramas.) But, she made an exception with Lost You Forever. So, yes, please, please, please, let the drama continue to be faithful to the second half of the book, like it has been to the first half of the book.

MTH123:

You don't need to borrow them. I'll supply you with a lifetime supply of them!!

liddi:

I walked around with this overwhelming sadness for days after I finished reading it, and I couldn't understand why until I realised it was due to the novel. And as any sane person would do, I had to go back and re-read it again, multiple times. 

LOL! To be fair to your sensibilities, it does help to try to figure out what in the world just hit you. At least it helps me. If my mind can figure something out, then my emotions will eventually follow. In this case, it's Tong Hua. Initially, you may know that she's hitting you with a couple of things. But, you don't realize until later that she actually hit you with ten times more things!

nathsketch:

Hey MTH!

I'm... confused. I thought you were a Jinger. Aren't you? LOL even if you are, that's not a problem, it's just that I could swear that I've seen your cute heart profile pic on the main comment section, but you were talking about Jing. I think. I don't know anymore. 😹

It's either that, or I really am losing my mind. I wouldn't be surprised, tho. I'm really going mad.

Hey nathsketch!

You aren't losing your mind or going mad! You're right to be confused about me!

I came here because of liddi. I was looking for her translations of the alleged leaked script. I skimmed through the entire thread. It’s an awesome thread and all the great discussion in it has altered my view! I explain how my view altered on page 166 of this thread. I imagine that I’m not the only one whose eyes have been opened up.

I had to get out of my own paradigm and into Tong Hua’s. She purposely placed three great love rivals in front of us! I said this from the beginning and was never against any of them, although I didn’t take CX or XL as seriously as I did TSJ, because I already knew XY would end up with TSJ. I still believe XY would have been happy with any of them, if she let her heart go there fully. Wouldn’t we all love to have three great options at the same time?

But, am I a 100% convert? I’m pretty sure I already am. Give me a little more time to let it fully marinate. But, again, I still believe XY will be happy with TSJ too. But, XL… a lifetime of XL… wow…

MTH123:
Hey nathsketch!

You aren't losing your mind or going mad! You're right to be confused about me!

Oh my God, girl. OH MY GOD.

What's happening?? This is...you have no idea what this means.

MTH123:
But, am I a 100% convert? I’m pretty sure I already am. Give me a little more time to let it fully marinate.

MTH123:
But, XL… a lifetime of XL… wow…

No, come on, let me hug you. You deserve SO MANY hugs.

nathsketch:
No, come on, let me hug you. You deserve SO MANY hugs.

BIG HUG! I think I already told you in the main comment section that you're a sweetheart! BIG HUG!

MTH123:

BIG HUG! I think I already told you in the main comment section that you're a sweetheart! BIG HUG!

Thank you! Right back at you! ♥️😭♥️😭♥️ ( ˶⚈Ɛ⚈˵)

I arrive JUST in time, for the HUGS!!

So much to catch up with and I was already behind.  But I love it!  Will hopefully catch up tonight.  Or tomorrow.  Love seeing all the discussion.

lol I'm so behind too. A lot to catch up on this thread :)

Kokuto:

I arrive JUST in time, for the HUGS!!

So much to catch up with and I was already behind.  But I love it!  Will hopefully catch up tonight.  Or tomorrow.  Love seeing all the discussion.

Kokuto, I saved some hugs for you too, so don't think you can escape!!

bugei:
Tong Hua wrote the script for perfect couple (with Wallace Huo and Tiffany Tang) and that started out as comedy. I can't remember how it ended as I dropped it midway (not through the show's fault, i just have little attention span). Anyone knows how that show ended? 

金玉良缘 Perfect Couple was not a genre I particularly enjoyed, but I did watch bits and pieces without even realising that Tong Hua was one of the scriptwriters. It had a happy ending, so that should give us some hope that 滤镜 will not break our hearts too.

liddi:
Once Promised is a tragedy, but Lost You Forever is not considered as one. All the characters in Lost You Forever found their proper place in life, so to me, Lost You Forever is not a tragic story.

Not a tragic story? It was tragic to me. I wouldn't have cried my eyes out if it wasn't. I can't move on from it.

nathsketch:

I just love it how for all intents and purposes, THERE IS a happy ending for XY. With Jing. Jing. Jin... Ji.. J... 

But somehow some of us tend to overlook that fact.

I mean, for me, it's nonexistent.

Invalid. Kernel32.dll error 😹

a happy ending with who? I can't comprehend. My mind is experiencing an error.