@blabla100

Yes, you are right, and the title of the last chapter of Sauvignon Blanc is actually about a husband who leaves his wife to go to war

windiaaa041293:

@blabla100

Yes, you are right, and the title of the last chapter of Sauvignon Blanc is actually about a husband who leaves his wife to go to war

But Sauvignon Blanc stands for what? The last chapter of Lost you forever has a different name, Entrusting the Heart to Leave or Stay. I had read the poem behind this chapter, but I don't recall being about a husband leaving his wife to go to war. 

@blabla100

Reading "Leaving Your Farewell Wife" and Watching Su Wu's Love Tragedy in the Western Han Dynasty.

"Life is the return, death is the long love." This is a touching love poem that has been passed down through the ages. The author is Su Wu in the Western Han Dynasty, the patriot Su Wu who has been detained by the Huns for 19 years but has always adhered to the national integrity. Su Wu has been herding sheep on the banks of Lake Baikal for more than ten years.

In the Western Han Dynasty, in order to seek peace, Emperor Wu of the Han Dynasty sent Su Wu as an envoy to the Huns. At that time, Su Wu was already married, and he was very attached to his family and his wife. Knowing that the Huns would have a dangerous future, misfortune was unpredictable, but in the face of the country's righteousness, he still accepted the mission resolutely. Before leaving, Su Wu wrote affectionately "Leaving Farewell Wife":

The knot is a husband and wife, and there is no doubt about love.

Huanyu is here tonight, happy and happy.

Zhenghu is heading for the road, so why look at the night?

Shen Chen is gone, go and leave forever.

The campaign is on the battlefield, and there is no time to see each other.

Shake hands and sigh, tears are for a living.

Work hard to love Chunhua, and don't forget the happy time.

Life should come back, and death should be Sauvignon Blanc.

Reading this poem, we can see Su Wu's love for his wife, "We are married as a husband and wife, and the love is not suspicious"; we see Su Wu's pain when he bids farewell to his beloved wife, "shaking hands and sighing, tears for life"; also see When it comes to Su Wu's solemn promise to his wife, "Life is a return, and death is a long love"-if I return safely, I will stand by your side and never give up. If I die unfortunately, my thoughts will also be there. By your side, like a shadow.

@blabla100

Maybe bab 51,No doubt about getting married and having hair.

@blabla100

I don't really understand, maybe I'll find out more later, but almost all the chapter titles are related to XL. Maybe because of Tong Hua's biological mother.

windiaaa041293:

@blabla100

I find it telling that every XY's wedding nights were somehow troubled by XL:

• 1st marriage (FL): wedding crash, XL steals the bride, XY and XL "elope" and are on the same roof during the wedding night
  • 2nd marriage (TSJ): husband is dead, XY wears her wedding dress anyway and in a nutshell spend her wedding night with XL having tender moments
  • 3rd marriage (TSJ): on the wedding day XY pleads CX to spare XL. Spend her wedding night drunk and totally wasted (although we could argue that she was a mess also because of CX)

@blimarch

Lol, I haven't even noticed it, until you said it. It is quite telling, you are right. 

windiaaa041293:

@blabla100

Maybe bab 51,No doubt about getting married and having hair.

Oh find it! 

Lost You Forever Chapter 50: Hair Knotted With No Doubts

blabla100:

@blimarch

Lol, I haven't even noticed it, until you said it. It is quite telling, you are right. 

And not to mention that on the 1st wedding night, XY confess -in spite of herself- that the one she "most want to spend [her] entire life with" is... XL/FFB

@liddi.

Thanks so much. 

I believe I know which idiom you are talking about. It makes allot more sense to me now.

@Snowdrop Meadow

my petty self is very happy that XY-TSJ wedding anniversary will be the mourning day forever for XY. Maybe that‘s why they change this detail in drama (if the leaked script is true) ? and make XY married Jing after XL death, to give XY-TSJ 100% HE ?. Gosh I‘m going to spit blood so much blood watching that scenario unfold ???. 

Snowdrop Meadow:
I think Tong Hua was pretty cruel to XY in this regard... In fact all of XY's three weddings are/will be forever associated with a death of someone precious to XY and can count as death anniversaries

And I quote this:

AH :
XY is absolutely damaged. The person she was supposed to be married to for the rest of her life died in chapter 42 right before their wedding. The zhiji who always alleviated her loneliness drove her to cut ties with him in chapter 46. And in chapter 47 she realized that the man she considered to be her most important person, her closest and most trusted family, betrayed her in the cruelest possible way. He inflicted the kind of abandonment that he knew she feared most upon her. And her grandfather was in on the lie. All the people she cared about the most abandoned her or turned on her. I 100% believe that XY intended to die when she poisoned herself. At that point, she did not want to be saved.

By the end of the novel, XY have already cruelly suffered from all the things she feared the most (physical pain, abandonment, betrayal, loss...). The everlasting ones being:

• waiting: the worst type of waiting "the waiting that can't be waited for" being her eternally yearning for XL
  • solitude: 1. eternally missing XL. Having lost her soulmate, who can fill the loneliness left by the death of her other half? 2. Despite the betrayal, maybe also missing CX, her childhood bestfriend. They supported each others and went through thick and thin together 3. she doesn't seem to have many similarities in hobbies/conversations with TSJ

I wonder: unless Tong Hua writes a sequel, we don't know if XY really had her happily ever after. The final line in the novel says:

As long as the entire world was at peace, then their Xiao Yao would be living happily.

But that's from the POV of the Grand Emperor. 

The third volume of Lost You Forever is called "Miss You Forever". Sounds like the worst possible ending to me.  

The novel description says:

Life is the encounter and separation, is the starting time and oblivion, but there are always things that once happened, will leave traces, and always have a person, once appeared, will be unforgettable. The fated meeting at the town of Qing Shui has changed the destiny of everyone, even change the destiny of Da Huang. The desire for a little warmth, a little of company, at some point decided a shattered heart. It is similar to a cup of poisoned wine, when it gets to the throat, it becomes sweet, melting hearts broken bone, and until it reaches the heart and lungs, no medicine can cure. The poison is discovered and it is paralyzing the heart and lungs. Only the smile of one’s beloved can eliminate it. If it can’t, the only thing left is the engraving of missing. It won’t stop even after death.

Sounds like the description hints on an eternal pain that's quite far from anybody standards for a happy end.

I know Tong Hua herself said in an interview that the novel is not a tragedy and that every character had their fulfilling/chosen ending but after reading the novel with all its unspoken, hidden, parallel subtext, I can't be convinced by this interview... 

If we sum up, by the end of the novel, we know that XY has resolved some issues:

• she can count on a reliable and devoted life companion
  • she has a place to go, a world to explore and if necessary, to hide far from the madding crowd
  • she can protect herself
  • she has reunited with her family (and she left them...)
  • she can wander the world, especially the sea that she likes so much
  • she made peace with her parents
  • through Left Ear and Miao Pu she can realize the life she wanted for XL/relieve her guilt I guess
  • she seems to have superficially resolved her abandonment/trust issues

But, even if XY has obtained the seemingly tranquil living environment she aspired to, does the author hint on the fact that, without XL, she will be able to appreciate it? 

yes, they consider each other as husband and wife, and insect lovers as their marriage certificate. and shells as their home. maybe this is the end of the story but is this actually the beginning?
So there is a theory that says XY is pregnant, I laughed out loud, but if you think about it it also makes sense...hahahaha...let me imagine a little. 

blimarch:
I wonder: unless Tong Hua writes a sequel, we don't know if XY really had her happily ever after.

blimarch:
But, even if XY has obtained the seemingly tranquil living environment she aspired to, does the author hint on the fact that, without XL, she will be able to appreciate it?

blimarch:
I know Tong Hua herself said in an interview that the novel is not a tragedy and that every character had their fulfilling/chosen ending but after reading the novel with all its unspoken, hidden, parallel subtext, I can't be convinced by this interview...

Happy endings, amirite? So overrated. LOLOLOL