Hey Sssnoopyyy! AH should be able to explain that to you better than anyone 😀

Calling AH to the information lounge, please. Your knowledge is required.

By the way, good to see you here Sssnoopyyy. You're always hanging with the fox squad, so that's a nice change. How are you guys holding up?

nathsketch:

By the way, good to see you here Sssnoopyyy. You're always hanging with the fox squad, so that's a nice change. How are you guys holding up? 

Hahaha! I have been in the fox squad for some time but have been lurking in both XL and CX’s threads. Hence why I feel like I bounce in between the different ships because I love all of them. Everytime I read about one of the male leads I cannot help but feel for them! Wish there were 3 XY’s. I’m finishing up the novel (trying to distract myself from the anxiety of how they will deal with season 2 and all those rumours of cutting out eps or scenes).

Sssnoopyyy:

Hahaha! I have been in the fox squad for some time but have been lurking in both XL and CX’s threads. Hence why I feel like I bounce in between the different ships because I love all of them. Everytime I read about one of the male leads I cannot help but feel for them! Wish there were 3 XY’s. I’m finishing up the novel (trying to distract myself from the anxiety of how they will deal with season 2 and all those rumours of cutting out eps or scenes).

I truly envy you 😭. I'm too deep in my solipsistic view of this story. It would be so much easier if I didn't love Xiang Liu this madly.

A nice piece of fan art of XL, plus some cartoons.  I love the angry 9 snake heads cartoons.  Sadly, I don't understand Vietnamese?  

Rosalineseyes Twitter

Kokuto, I kid you not, I keep watching this video you sent me on repeat.

https://twitter.com/tlmssusu/status/1698496530351559066?s=20

I think you broke me.

nathsketch:

Kokuto, I kid you not, I keep watching this video you sent me on repeat.

https://twitter.com/tlmssusu/status/1698496530351559066?s=20

I think you broke me. 

IKR?  I must have watched it like ten times before I posted it.  LOL!  What a tease.  Definitely in a Fang Feng Bei mood.

Kokuto:

IKR?  I must have watched it like ten times before I posted it.  LOL!  What a tease.  Definitely in a Fang Feng Bei mood.

Fang Feng BAE <3

I love how simple Xiang Liu's wedding attire is compared to the rest of them because he's poor 😭

💕💕💕

Elise:

I love how simple Xiang Liu's wedding attire is compared to the rest of them because he's poor 😭

💕💕💕

And yet, in my humble opinion, he’s the most stunning of them all 🥺😩

nathsketch:

And yet, in my humble opinion, he’s the most stunning of them all 🥺😩

yep he really is. He looks the most majestic 😌💞

Elise:

yep he really is. He looks the most majestic 😌💞

No need for anything flashy. He just shows up in red and that’s it 🥲😍

Kokuto:

Allegedly the casting description for XL.

"“He had no expectations for the future until he encountered her, who had a childhood experience similar to his own. He gradually developed feelings for her, longing for a future together, only to wake up from the dream when he discovered her true identity" 

Validation!  XL was brave enough to reach for love!  He wanted XY in his dreams.

And of course, I'm not very happy with XY, right now.

From twitter:

Casting Sheet XL

i used papago to translate the entire pic. unfortunately i don't know how to insert photos so i just copied the text. here it is:

Boutique historical costume
(masterpiece)
Title: Confidentiality
Director: Confidentiality
Total shooting time: 180 days

Recruitment of key leading roles
Character A:

Male, 18-22 years old, handsome and charming. The character has a double identity, one is a proud, ruthless soldier and killer, wearing a silver mask, white hair, fine dust, and vicious means of action, but has a gentle and heavy
affection for his inner love. For many years, he changed his
dual identity randomly, relaxed and lonely, and had no
expectations for the future until he met her, who had a
similar childhood experience. Gradually, he felt affection for
her and longed for a future with her until he realized her true
identity. He taught her the ability to protect herself, to
resolve the conflict between her and her appointed lover, to
save her from death and death with his own life, but he ran to
the fate of his own destruction.

Casting Team

@ Sssnoopyyy i can't quote your comment

about that song sir bi was singing... it is indeed a reference to qiyo/chichen

i skimmed through "a lifetime love" drama (novel is called "once promised". it's the prequel to "lost you forever" and is about xiaoyao's biological parents)

one of the songs played in the drama had the same lyrics as what sir bi sang. it's in ep 24 here around the 8:47 mark (https://youtu.be/_feDf6eaQpI?si=Mkv5_M8Vb6vORVDo)

Sssnoopyyy:
Does anyone know the song Sir Bi was referring to? Is this related to Qi Yo?

I don't recall anything in Koala's translation that suggests this song is related to Qi Yo. But Qi Yo does literally take his own heart out for Xiling Heng. So there's that at least. And Sir Bi definitely sees Qi Yo in XL ("Sir Bi stared at Xiang Liu and looked truly conflicted, like he was looking at Xiang Liu but seeing another great man from long ago.").