-----

When XL used blood magic on his clam shell to keep XY alive, when he invoked Ah Nian's promise in order to get the clam shell to XY, and when he visited Jade Mountain to save XY's life and to break the bug connection in chapter 48, continued part 2:

Kanunu8Chat GPTKoala
烈阳伸出手,冷冷的说:“把小夭还给我们。”

相柳低头看着小夭,未言未动,任由烈阳吧小夭从他怀里抱走。

虽然已经感觉到小夭气息正常,但獙君还是握住小夭的手腕,用灵力检查了一遍她的身体。果然,一切都已正常,其实,小夭现在就可以醒来,不过相柳似乎想让她沉睡,特意给她施加了一个法术,封住了她的心神。

獙君对烈阳说:“你送小夭回屋休息,她应该明日就会醒来。”

烈阳刚要走,相柳说:“且慢!”

烈阳斜眼看向相柳:“你和黑帝之间的纷争和小夭无关,如果你敢把主意打到小夭身上,我和阿獙就先去杀了共工,再杀了你!”

相柳知道烈阳的脾性,丝毫没有动怒,只是看着獙君,平静的说:“请留下小夭,我有话和你单独说。”

獙君想了想,把小夭从烈阳怀里抱了过来,烈阳鼻子里不屑的冷哼,却未再多言,化作琅鸟飞走了。

獙君随手折下了一枝桃花,把桃花变作一艘小小的桃花舟,将小夭轻轻地放到桃花舟上。

相柳静看着獙君的一举一动,皎洁的月色下,他整个人纤尘不染,如冰雪雕成。

獙君安置好小夭后,才看向相柳,她指了指美丽的白色海贝,温和的说:“看到这枚海贝,连王母都惊叹设阵人的心思,我特意问过颛顼的随从,他们说是高辛王宫的珍藏,今夜我才明白这应该出自你手,否则你不可能短短时间内就救醒了小夭,只是——我不明白五神山上的王后为何会帮你隐瞒此事?”

相柳说:“很多年前,阿念曾承诺为我做一件事,我请她用这枚海贝去保住小夭的命,但不能让黑帝和小夭知道,她是个聪明姑娘,不但遵守了诺言,还知道有些事做了,就该立即忘记!”

獙君叹道:“白帝不但教出了几个好徒弟,还抚养了个好女儿。”

相柳说:“我听小夭说,她曾在玉山学艺七十年,看得出来,你们是真关心她,不只是因为黑帝的拜托。”

獙君坦然的说:“人生悲欢,世间风云,我和烈阳都已看尽,若说红尘中还有什么牵念,唯有小夭。”

“此话何解?”

獙君道:“我出生时,母亲就死了。我被蚩尤无意中捡到,送到了玉山,小夭的娘养大了我。烈阳还是一只琅鸟时,被蚩尤捉来送给小夭的娘亲,帮他们送信。”

“原来如此。”

獙君眯着狐狸眼,问道:“听说你在外面的名声很不好?”

相柳笑了笑说:“比蚩尤还好点。”

獙君沉默的盯了一眼相柳,问道:“小夭和你之间……只是普通朋友?”

相柳唇角一挑,扬眉笑起来,看着桃花舟上的小夭,说道:“小夭心心念念的人是涂山璟。”

獙君松了口气:“那就好。”

相柳自嘲的说:“没想到我的名声,连蚩尤收养的妖怪都会嫌弃。”

獙君摇摇头,“不,我没有嫌弃你,相反,我很敬重你!你心如琉璃剔透,连我的歌声都不能迷惑你,名利权势更不可能迷惑你。”獙君凝视着相柳,眼神十分复杂,看的好像是相柳,又好像不是相柳,“不是你不好,只是??????”獙君长叹一声,“即使涂山璟已经死了,我依旧庆幸小夭选择的是他。”

相柳笑笑。对獙君的话全未在意:“有一事,想请你帮忙。”

獙君道:“只要我能做到,必尽全力。”君子交,淡如水,可君子诺,重千金。

“我要了结一些我和小夭之间的未了之事,待会儿不管发生什么,请你只是看着。”

獙君一口应道:“好!”

Lie Yang extended his hand, coldly saying, "Return Xiao Yao to us."

Xiang Liu lowered his gaze to Xiao Yao and, without saying or doing anything, allowed Lie Yang to take her from his arms. Although he felt that Xiao Yao’s breath was normal, Lord Bi still held her wrist and used his spiritual power to check her body. Indeed, everything was fine; in fact, Xiao Yao could wake up at any moment. However, it seemed Xiang Liu wanted her to remain asleep, as he had deliberately cast a spell to seal her consciousness.

Lord Bi said to Lie Yang, "Take Xiao Yao back to her room to rest; she should wake up tomorrow."

Just as Lie Yang was about to leave, Xiang Liu interrupted, "Wait!"

Lie Yang shot a sidelong glance at Xiang Liu. "The conflict between you and the Black Emperor has nothing to do with Xiao Yao. If you dare to lay a hand on her, I will kill Gong Gong first, then come for you!"

Xiang Liu, knowing Lie Yang's temperament, didn’t get angry. He simply looked at Lord Bi and calmly said, "Please leave Xiao Yao here; I need to speak with you privately."

After some thought, Lord Bi took Xiao Yao back from Lie Yang’s arms. Lie Yang huffed disdainfully through his nose but said nothing more, transforming into a Lang Bird and flying away.

Lord Bi casually broke off a branch of peach blossoms, transforming it into a small peach blossom boat, and gently placed Xiao Yao on it.

Xiang Liu silently watched Lord Bi's every move, illuminated by the bright moonlight; he appeared as pure as snow, like a sculpture of ice.

After arranging Xiao Yao, Lord Bi turned her attention to Xiang Liu. She pointed to the beautiful white seashell and said gently, "Seeing this seashell has even made the Queen Mother marvel at the ingenuity of its creator. I specifically asked Zhuang Xu's attendant; they said it was a treasure of the Gaoxin royal palace. Tonight, I realized it must have come from you, for otherwise, you couldn't have awakened Xiao Yao so quickly. However, I don't understand why the Queen on Wushen Mountain would help you keep this a secret?"

Xiang Liu replied, "Many years ago, A Nian promised to do something for me. I asked her to use this seashell to preserve Xiao Yao's life but instructed her not to let the Black Emperor or Xiao Yao know. She’s a clever girl; not only did she keep her promise, but she also understands that some things, once done, should be immediately forgotten."

Lord Bi sighed, "The White Emperor not only raised good disciples but also a wonderful daughter."

Xiang Liu said, "I heard Xiao Yao mention she studied on Mount Jade for seventy years. It's clear you genuinely care for her, not just because of the Black Emperor's request."

Lord Bi replied candidly, "In this life of joys and sorrows, with the changing tides of the world, both Lie Yang and I have seen it all. If there's anything that still ties us to the mortal realm, it is Xiao Yao."

"What do you mean by that?"

Lord Bi explained, "I lost my mother when I was born. I was unintentionally picked up by Chiyou and brought to Mount Jade, where Xiao Yao’s mother raised me. Lie Yang, when he was still a Lang Bird, was captured by Chiyou and sent to deliver messages for Xiao Yao's mother."

"I see."

Lord Bi narrowed her fox-like eyes and asked, "I’ve heard your reputation outside is not very good?"

Xiang Liu smiled wryly, "It's a bit better than Chiyou’s."

Lord Bi stared at Xiang Liu in silence and then asked, "What is your relationship with Xiao Yao... just ordinary friends?"

Xiang Liu raised an eyebrow, smiling at the peach blossom boat carrying Xiao Yao. "Xiao Yao’s heart is set on Tu Shan Jing."

Lord Bi let out a sigh of relief. "That's good."

Xiang Liu self-deprecatingly remarked, "I didn't expect my reputation would be looked down upon even by a monster raised by Chiyou."

Lord Bi shook her head. "No, I don’t disdain you. On the contrary, I respect you! Your heart is as clear as crystal; not even my song could sway you, let alone fame and power." Lord Bi gazed at Xiang Liu with a complex expression, seeming to see him, yet not. "It's not that you are lacking, it’s just…." He sighed deeply. "Even if Tu Shan Jing is gone, I’m still glad Xiao Yao chose him."

Xiang Liu smiled, dismissing his words. "There’s one thing I would like to ask for your help with."

Lord Bi replied, "As long as I can do it, I will do my utmost." 

Gentlemanly friendships are as light as water, but a gentleman's promise is worth a thousand gold.

"I need to resolve some unfinished matters between Xiao Yao and me. No matter what happens later, please just watch."

Lord Bi promptly agreed, "Alright!"

Lie Yang reached out his arms and barked, “Give Xiao Yao back to us!”

Xiang Liu lowered his head to stare intently at Xiao Yao, saying nothing and allowing Lie Yang to take her from his arms.

Even though he could sense Xiao Yao was fine now, Sir Bi still took her pulse and did a thorough check. Like he thought, she was all recovered, and actually ought to have woken up by now. But Xiang Liu appeared to want to keep her asleep, so cast a spell on her that temporarily kept her slumbering.

Sir Bi said to Lie Yang, “Take Xiao Yao back to the room to rest. She should wake up tomorrow morning.”

Xiang Liu called out, “Please wait!”

Lie Yang glared at Xiang Liu, “Your fight with the Black Emperor doesn’t involve Xiao Yao. If you dare get any ideas about her, Ah Bi and I will go kill Gong Gong first, and then kill you!”

Xiang Liu knew Lie Yang’s ornery temper so didn’t get upset, instead he calmly looked at Ah Bi and quietly asked, “Please keep Xiao Yao here, and I need to speak to you alone.”

Ah Bi thought about it before taking Xiao Yao from Lie Yang, who huffed and transformed into a bird and flew away.

Ah Bi snapped a peach blossom branch and turned it into a raft before placing Xiao Yao inside. Xiang Liu quietly watched, and under the moonlight with his white hair and white robe he appeared to be etched from snow and ice.

Sir Bi finished placing Xiao Yao in the raft before turning back to Xiang Liu and warmly gesturing to the all-white seashell. “Seeing the seashell, even the Royal Mother marvelled at the careful thought that went into preparing it to keep Xiao Yao alive. I asked Zhuan Xu’s servant and heard it was a treasure from the Gao Xing Palace repository. Tonight I realized that you made it, otherwise you could not have revived Xiao Yao this quickly. But………I don’t understand how the Empress on Five Gods Mountain would have kept this a secret for you.”

Xiang Liu explained, “Many years ago, Ah Nian promised that she would do one thing for me. I called the favor and asked her to use this seashell to keep Xiao Yao alive, but not to let the Black Emperor or Xiao Yao know. She’s a smart girl, she not only kept her promise, she also knows that there are some things in this world that she ought to forget right afterwards!”

Sir Bi sighed, “The White Emperor not only raised good disciples and students, he raised a good daughter.”

Xiang Liu said, “Xiao Yao told me that she lived on Jade Mountain for seventy years when she was small. It’s clear how much you guys care about her, so taking care of her is not because the Black Emperor asked it of you.”

Sir Bi ruefully said, “The world is filled with happiness and sadness, and time washes away everything. Lie Yang and I have let all worldly connections go, but the only thing of the world we care about is Xiao Yao.”

“How so?”

Sir Bi said, “My mom died when I was born, and Qi Yo came across and rescued me. He sent me to Jade Mountain to Xiao Yao’s mom, who raised me since I was a baby. When Lie Yang was still a phoenix bird, he was captured by Qi Yo to use as the carrier bird to send messages back and forth to Xiao Yao’s mom. She was a mother and family to both of us.”

“I see.”

Sir Bi stared at Xiang Liu, “I heard your reputation isn’t so good out in the world?”

Xiang Liu chuckled, “My reputation is just a hairsbreadth better than Qi Yo.”

Sir Bir grew silent before asking, “You and Xiao Yao… you two really are just friends?”

Xiang Liu smiled before turning to look at Xiao Yao, “The person Xiao Yao is missing is Tu Shan Jing.”

Sir Bi sighed in relief. “That’s good.”

Xiang Liu said mockingly, “Can’t believe my reputation is so bad even a demon raised by Qi Yo would disdain me.”

Sir Bi shook his head. “No, I don’t disdain you at all. It’s the opposite, I truly respect you! Your heart is as clear as crystal, even my voice cannot enchant you or lead you astray. Power, wealth, and glory hold no sway or temptation for you.”

Sir Bi stared at Xiang Liu and looked truly conflicted, like he was looking at Xiang Liu but seeing another great man from long ago. “It’s not that you’re not good……..it’s just that…….for Xiao Yao……” Sir Bi sighed loudly. “Even if Tu Shan Jing is dead, I’m still relieved that the guy Xiao Yao picked was him.”

Xiang Liu smiled and appeared not to take offense to what Sir Bi said and asked, “I have one favor to ask of you.”

Sir Bi said, “If I can do it, I will.” 

A gentleman’s friendship may be light as water, but a gentleman’s promise was as heavy as gold.

“I want to sever the remaining connections between me and Xiao Yao. In a bit, no matter what is happening, please do not interfere and just watch.”

Sir Bi replied swiftly, “I will!”

相柳招了下手,小小的狌狌镜从小夭怀中飞出,落在了相柳手中,他凝视着狌狌镜,迟迟没有动作。

獙君只是站在一旁,静静等候,没有丝毫不耐。

相柳笑了笑,对獙君说:“这是狌狌镜,里面记忆了一点陈年旧事,也不知道小夭有没有消除,”他伸手抚过,狌狌镜被开启,一圈圈涟漪荡开,镜子里浮现出了相柳的样子。

在清水镇的简陋小屋内,相柳因为受了伤,不能动,小夭逮住机会,终于报了长期被欺压的仇。她用灶膛里拿出的黑炭在相柳脸上画了七只眼睛,加上本来的两只眼睛,恰好是九只眼睛,嘲讽他是个九头怪。

当时,小夭应该是一手拿着狌狌镜,所以只能看到小夭的另一只手,她戳着相柳的脸颊,用十分讨打的声音说:“看一看,不过别生气哦,岔了气可不好。”

相柳睁开了眼睛,眼神比刀刃还锋利,小夭却一边不怕死的在相柳脸上指指戳戳,一边用着那讨打的声音说:“一个,两个,三个??????共九个。”

小夭用黑黢黢的手指继续在相柳的脸上蹂躏,画出脑袋,九只眼睛变成了九个脑袋,小夭嬉皮笑脸地说:“我还是想象不出九个头该怎么长,你什么时候让我看看你的本体吧!”

相柳铁青着脸,用看死人一样的眼神看着小夭,嘴唇动了动,无声地说:“我要吃了你。”

九命相柳的狠话在大荒内绝对很有分量,能令听者丧胆,可惜他此时脸上满是黑炭,实在杀伤力大减。

……

相柳看到这里,无声的笑了起来,他无父无母,从一出生就在为生存挣扎,从没有过嬉戏玩闹,成年后,恶名在外,也从没有人敢和他开玩笑,小夭是第一个敢戏弄他,却又对他没有丝毫恶意的人。

相柳凝视着他满脸黑炭的样子,发了好一会儿呆,才唤出了第二段记忆——为了替颛顼解蛊。小夭和他达成了交易,他带小夭远五神山,给自己种蛊,解完蛊后,他们被五神山的侍卫发现,为了躲避追兵,他带着小夭潜入了海底。

辽阔的海底,有五彩斑斓的贝壳,有色彩鲜艳的小鱼,有芬芬苍苍的大草原,有长得像花朵一样美丽的动物,还有各种各样奇形怪状的海草??????相柳白衣白发,自如随意的在水里游着,白色的头发在身后飘舞,小夭随在他身旁,好奇的东张西望着。

也许因为小夭第一次领略到大海的神秘多姿,也许因为一切太过奇诡美丽,她竟然趁着相柳没有注意,用狌狌镜偷偷记忆下了一段画面,当时,她应该一直跟在相柳的身侧,所以画面里的他一直都是侧脸,直到最后,他扭头看向她,恰好面朝镜子。

小夭肯定是害怕被他发现,立即收起了镜子,相柳的正面将露未露,眼神将睇未睇,一切戛然为止。

……

相柳还清楚的记得,第一次发现狌狌镜里的这段画面是,他的意外和震惊,没有想到小夭会偷偷记忆他,更没有想到一向警觉的他竟然会一无所知。可以说,那一刻他心神彻底放松,小夭完全有机会杀了他。

相柳凝视着镜中的自己,轻轻叹息了一声,陪小妖去五神山,好像就在昨日,可没想到,这么多年过去了!他手捏法决,想要毁掉狌狌镜里所有关于他的记忆。獙君一把抓住了他的手,满面惊诧:“这是小夭珍藏的记忆,你不能??????”

相柳静静的看着獙君,獙君想起之前的承诺,慢慢的松开了手。

相柳催动灵力,镜子里的画面倒退着一点点消息,就如看着时光倒流,一切都好像要回到最初相逢时,可谁都知道,绝不可能!

相柳面无表情的看着镜子,獙君却眼中尽是不忍。

知道所有关于他的记忆全部被毁掉,相柳才微微一笑,把镜子原样放回了小夭的怀里,就好像他从未动过。

Xiang Liu beckoned, and the small Siang Siang mirror flew out from Xiao Yao's embrace, landing in his hand. He stared at the mirror, hesitating to take action.

Lord Bi stood quietly nearby, waiting patiently without a hint of impatience.

Xiang Liu smiled and said to Lord Bi, "This is the Siang Siang mirror, which contains memories of some old events. I'm not sure if Xiao Yao has erased them." He reached out, and as he activated the mirror, ripples spread out, revealing his image within.

In a humble cabin in Qing Shui Town, Xiang Liu, unable to move due to an injury, found himself at the mercy of Xiao Yao. Seizing the moment, she finally avenged herself for the long-term oppression she had faced. Using black charcoal from the stove, she drew seven eyes on Xiang Liu's face, adding to his two original eyes, making it a total of nine, mocking him as a nine-headed monster.

At that time, Xiao Yao must have been holding the Siang Siang mirror in one hand, so she could only see her other hand. She poked Xiang Liu's cheek with a playful tone, saying, "Look, but don’t get angry, it won’t be good if you get upset."

Xiang Liu opened his eyes, his gaze sharper than a blade, yet Xiao Yao, undaunted, continued to poke and prod at his face, still using that teasing voice, "One, two, three... a total of nine."

Xiao Yao’s blackened fingers continued to torture Xiang Liu's face, drawing heads, turning the nine eyes into nine heads. With a playful grin, she said, "I still can't imagine how nine heads would look. When will you let me see your true form?"

Xiang Liu's face darkened, and he looked at Xiao Yao with the stare one gives to a dead person. His lips moved silently as he mouthed, "I want to eat you."

The threatening words of the Nine Lives Xiang Liu were certainly impactful in the wilderness, capable of instilling fear in the listener. Unfortunately, with his face smeared in black charcoal, his threat lost much of its potency.

Seeing this, Xiang Liu silently laughed. Without parents, he had struggled for survival from birth, never experiencing playful antics. After growing up, he had earned a notorious reputation, and no one dared to joke with him. Xiao Yao was the first person who dared to tease him yet did so without any malice.

Xiang Liu stared at his charcoal-streaked face, lost in thought for a while before invoking the next memory—one where Xiao Yao made a deal with him to help Zhuang Xu remove a curse. He took her far from Wushen Mountain to plant a curse on himself. After resolving the curse, they were discovered by the guards of Wushen Mountain, and to evade pursuit, he took Xiao Yao underwater.

The vast sea was filled with colorful shells, vibrant fish, lush underwater meadows, beautiful creatures resembling flowers, and all kinds of oddly shaped seaweed. Xiang Liu, in his white clothes and hair, swam effortlessly through the water, his white hair flowing behind him as Xiao Yao swam beside him, curiously looking around.

Perhaps it was Xiao Yao’s first experience of the ocean's mystery and beauty, or perhaps everything was just too enchanting. She secretly used the Siang Siang mirror to capture a memory while Xiang Liu was unaware. She must have stayed close to him, for in the memory, his profile was always visible until he turned to face her, looking directly at the mirror.

Xiao Yao, fearing he might discover her, quickly put away the mirror just as Xiang Liu's front was about to be revealed, leaving everything abruptly cut off.

Xiang Liu distinctly remembered the surprise and shock he felt when he first discovered this scene in the Siang Siang mirror. He had never expected Xiao Yao to secretly capture a memory of him, nor that his ever-vigilant self would remain completely unaware. It could be said that, at that moment, his mind relaxed completely; Xiao Yao had every opportunity to kill him.

Gazing into the mirror, Xiang Liu sighed softly. Accompanying the little demon to Wushen Mountain felt like it happened just yesterday, yet so many years had passed! He formed a hand seal, intending to erase all memories of him from the Siang Siang mirror. But Lord Bi seized his hand, his face filled with astonishment. "This is a memory cherished by Xiao Yao; you can't—"

Xiang Liu calmly looked at Lord Bi. He remembered his earlier promise and slowly released his grip.

Xiang Liu summoned his spiritual power, and the images in the mirror began to retreat, as if watching time flow backward, bringing everything back to the moment they first met. But everyone knew that was impossible!

Xiang Liu's expression remained stoic as he stared at the mirror, while Lord Bi’s eyes were filled with reluctance.

Once he knew all memories of him would be erased, Xiang Liu smiled faintly and returned the mirror to Xiao Yao’s embrace, as if he had never touched it.

Xiang Liu waved his hand and Xiao Yao’s precious gorilla beast mirror flew from her arms into his hand. He stared at it for a long time and didn’t make any move.

Sir Bi stood to the side and silently and patiently looked on.

Xiang Liu smiled and explained to Sir Bi, “This is a gorilla mirror that’s saved some ancient stuff from the past. Not even sure if Xiao Yao already deleted it.” He waved his hand and the mirror clouded before clearly showing Xiang Liu’s face.

………………………………..

In a dingy room in Qing Shui Town, Xiang Liu was injured and couldn’t move. Xiao Yao snatched the opportunity to get revenge on Xiang Liu for being mean to her for so long. She used coal briquettes and drew seven eyes on Xiang Liu’s face, and together with his two eyes, it formed nine eyes so she could mock him for being a nine-headed demon.

At that time, Xiao Yao was holding the mirror with one hand so only her other hand was visible. Her voice was totally mocking as she said, “Take a good look, but don’t get mad otherwise you’ll interrupt the healing!”

Xiang Liu opened his eyes looking like he was going to kill her, but Xiao Yao wasn’t scared and instead rubbed the seven eyes while counting until she used her grubby charcoal hands to draw nine heads on Xiang Liu’s face. She cackled, “I still can’t imagine what nine heads look like, when are you going to show me your true form?”

Xiang Liu glared at Xiao Yao and silently mouthed, “I. Am. Going. To. Eat. You.”

Nine Lives Xiang Liu was renowned for being deadly, but with his face all blackened the scariness of his threat lessened immensely.

………………………………..

Xiang Liu watched to this part and then started laughing. From the moment he was born he didn’t have parents, and had to start surviving from that moment forward. He had no childhood or playmates or fun, and after he was an adult his reputation was so bad that no one dared to joke around with him. Xiao Yao was the first person who dared to play tricks on him, but do so without any real ill will or harmful intention.

Xiang Liu stared at his blackened face in the mirror for quite some time in a daze. Then he waved his hand and called forth the next memory.

To remove the bug from Zhuan Xu, he struck a deal with Xiao Yao and took her to Five Gods Mountain where he successfully planted the bug in himself. Afterwards the guards chased them, so he took Xiao Yao deep into the ocean where they explored for a long time.

Xiang Liu stared at the mirror recording of the colorful seashells, various fishes, the underwater fields……Xiang Liu in all white walking while Xiao Yao was right next to him, curiously taking all the sights in.

Whether it was Xiao Yao being so amazed at being under the sea or there were too many things to take in, she secretly recorded the memory without Xiang Liu knowing. She likely did so from behind him so his profile was always in view. Only at the last scene when he turned around to look at her did the mirror record his face directly.

Xiao Yao quickly put the mirror away so the memory ended on that ephemeral image of Xiang Liu turning to look at her.

…………………………..

Xiang Liu still clearly remembered the moment he discovered these saved memories in the gorilla mirror. He was shocked and amazed that Xiao Yao secretly recorded him, and that he wasn’t even aware of it. That proved he was completely relaxed at that time, and Xiao Yao could have had the chance to kill him.

Xiang Liu stared at the mirror for a long time before sighing, taking Xiao Yao to Five Gods Mountain felt like yesterday to him, but was really so long ago! His hand lifted to erase the memories but Sir Bi stopped him looking alarmed, “These are Xiao Yao’s most precious memories, you can’t!”

Xiang Liu silently looked at Sir Bi until he remembered the promise he just made and slowly released his hand.

Xiang Liu used his power to rewind the saved memory in the mirror like turning back time. It was like things were going back to the way they were from the very beginning, but there was no way to do so with feelings and memories!

After the memories were erased, Xiang Liu smiled and returned the mirror to Xiao Yao’s arms like he never touched it before.

-----

When XL used blood magic on his clam shell to keep XY alive, when he invoked Ah Nian's promise in order to get the clam shell to XY, and when he visited Jade Mountain to save XY's life and to break the bug connection in chapter 48, continued part 3:

Kanunu8Chat GPTKoala
相柳坐到桃花舟旁,凝视着沉睡的小夭,轻声说:“地上梧桐相持老,天上鹣鹣不独飞,水中鸳鸯会双死,情人蛊同命连心,的确无法可解!当年我能帮颛顼解蛊,只因为颛顼并非心甘情愿种蛊,你根本没有真正把蛊给他种上,我却是心甘情愿,真正让你种了蛊!你三番四次要我解蛊,我一直告诉你解不了,我知道你不相信,可我的确没有骗你,我是真解不了蛊!”

相柳拿起了小夭的手,以指为刀,在两人的手掌上横七竖八的划出了一行咒语,血肉横飞,深可见白骨。“我虽然解不了蛊,却可以杀了他。”相柳唇角含笑,仅仅握住了小夭的手,双掌合拢,血肉交融,再分不清究竟是谁的血肉,“不过,你可别怪我骗你,是你没有用!”

相柳开始吟唱蛊咒。

随着吟唱,一点,两点,三点?????? 无数的蓝色的荧光出现,就像有无数流萤在绕着他们两人飞舞,夜空下,瑶池上,漫天流萤,映入水中,水上的实,水下的影,实影相映,真假混杂,让人只觉天上水下都是流光,美如幻境。

相柳手中突然出现一把冰雪凝成的锋利匕首,他把匕首狠狠插入自己的心口,獙君几乎失声惊呼,忙强自忍住。

相柳拔出了匕首,鲜血从心口喷涌而出,所有荧光好似嗜血的小虫,争先恐后的附着到他的心口,一点点消失不见,就好似钻进了他的身体中。

很久后,所有荧光都消失了,相柳面色惨白,一手捂着心口,一手拿出灵药,却不是给自己疗伤,而是撒在了小夭的手上,她的伤口迅速愈合,完好得再看不出一丝痕迹,就好像什么都没有发生过一样。

相柳微笑着,对小夭说:“你的蛊,解了!从今往后,你和我再无一丝关系!”

Xiang Liu sat beside the peach blossom boat, gazing at the sleeping Xiao Yao. He softly said, “The phoenix tree on the ground holds each other close, while the mandarin ducks in the water die as a pair. Lovers bound by the soul-matching curse truly have no way to unravel it! I was able to help Zhuang Xu lift the curse back then because he never willingly planted it on himself. You never truly made him bear it, but I, on the other hand, willingly let you plant the curse on me! You’ve repeatedly asked me to lift it, and I’ve always told you it’s impossible. I know you don’t believe me, but I wasn’t lying—I truly can’t lift the curse!”

Xiang Liu took Xiao Yao’s hand and, using his finger as a knife, carved a series of incantations across their palms, blood splattering and flesh parting, deep enough to expose bone. “While I can’t lift the curse, I can kill it.” 

With a smile at the corners of his lips, he merely held Xiao Yao’s hand, their palms pressed together, blood and flesh merging until it was impossible to tell whose blood it was. “But don’t blame me for deceiving you; it’s because you didn’t take action!”

He began to chant the curse.

As he recited, blue phosphorescence flickered into existence—one point, two points, three points... countless blue lights danced around them, resembling a myriad of fireflies fluttering in the night sky above the Yao Pond. The lights reflected in the water, creating an interplay of reality and illusion, making it seem as though both the heavens and the depths below were filled with glowing ethereal beauty.

Suddenly, a sharp dagger of ice and snow appeared in Xiang Liu’s hand. He plunged it forcefully into his own heart. Lord Bi gasped in shock, barely managing to contain himself.

Xiang Liu withdrew the dagger, blood gushing from his chest, and all the glowing lights swarmed to his wound like hungry insects, devouring the blood until they gradually disappeared, as if burrowing into his body.

After a long time, all the lights vanished. Xiang Liu’s face was pale as he pressed a hand against his chest, the other retrieving a healing herb, not to tend to his own wound, but to sprinkle it on Xiao Yao’s hand. Her injury healed rapidly, leaving no trace behind, as if nothing had ever happened.

Xiang Liu smiled at Xiao Yao and said, “The curse on you has been lifted! From now on, you and I have no further ties!”

Xiang Liu sat down next to the raft and stared at the sleeping Xiao Yao before softly saying, “The tree grows old on land together, the mandarin ducks die together in the water – the Lover’s Bug connects heart to heart and our lives, and there truly is no way to remove the bug. Years ago I was only able to remove the bug from Zhuan Xu because he didn’t know it was you so he didn’t willingly accept the bug. So you never successfully planted the bug on him in the first place. But I….I was heart and soul willing, so the bug successfully planted in me. You asked me to remove the bug and I kept telling you I can’t do it, but you didn’t believe me. But I truly didn’t lie to you, I cannot remove the bug.”

Xiang Liu picked up Xiao Yao’s hand and used his finger as a knife to slice into the flesh of her palm and his palm back and forth until he drew a blood spell. “I cannot remove the bug, but I can kill the bug!”

Xiang Liu smiled before joining his bloody palm to Xiao Yao’s bloody palm, so tightly that the blood flowing wasn’t clear whether it was his or hers. “Don’t blame me for not telling you this before, you were the one who did not ask!”

Xiang Liu started to chant the spell and with it countless glowing blue dots appeared and flew around both of them. The blue dots lit up the night sky until it was an ethereal beauty of lights in the air and reflected in the lake surface.

Xiang Liu’s hand suddenly grabbed a real dagger made from ice and he stabbed it directly into his own heart. Sir Bi gasped out loud and had to force himself to not do anything.

Xiang Liu pulled out the dagger and blood gushed from the wound in his chest. All the blue dots rushed into the wound in his chest until they all vanished inside.

After all the blue dots were gone, Xiang Liu’s face was stark white and he pressed down with one hand on his chest wound, and the other grabbed medicine but he didn’t apply it to himself and instead applied it on Xiao Yao’s hand. The cuts on her hand quickly healed until there was no sign it was ever injured.

Xiang Liu smiled sadly and said to Xiao Yao, “I broke the bug connection between us! From now on, you and I will have no connection with each other!”
相柳轻轻地把桃花舟推到了獙君面前:“明日清晨,她就会苏醒。”

獙君完全明白了,小夭和相柳种了同命连心的情人蛊,所以相柳能救小夭,等小夭生机恢复,相柳又为小夭解了蛊。其实,他并不是解了蛊,而是用命诱杀了蛊,这种同归于尽的解蛊方法,也只有九命相柳能用。

獙君拿出随身携带的玉山灵药:“需要我帮你治疗吗?”

相柳笑说:“谢了,不过这些药对我没用!”

獙君不安的问:“你的伤……我能为你做什么?”

相柳淡淡道:“不必如此,你应该明白,面对轩辕大军,多一命少一命,无所谓!”

獙君黯然。

相柳说:“你倒的确能帮我做一件事。”

獙君立即说:“好!”

“如果日后有人问起小夭体内的蛊,你就随便撒个谎!”相柳笑了笑,好似云淡风轻的说:“小夭曾说,此生此世永不想再见我,今夜之后,我和她再无关系,我也永不想再见到她!”

獙君怔怔的看着相柳,一会后,一字字道:“我会请王母帮忙,就说蛊是王母解的,你放心,今日之事,除天地之外,就你我知道,我永不会让小夭知道!绝不会辜负你的安排!”

相柳苍白着脸,捂着心口,笑着欠了欠身子,獙君无言以对,只能郑重的回了一大礼,表明他一定坚守承诺,决不失言。

相柳看看天色,东边的天已经有了微微的亮光,他摇摇晃晃地站起身:“我告辞了。”

獙君早已跳脱红尘,超然物外,此时竟有几分不舍:“听闻最近战事非常吃紧,你这次来玉山只是为了救小夭?”玉山虽然不理外界纷争,但最近颛顼举全国之力攻打共工,共工军队危在旦夕,獙君还是知道一点。

相柳笑道:“不过是忙中偷闲,出来玩一趟而已!”说完,他对獙君笑抱抱拳,跃上了雕背,刚要离开,又突然想起什么,挥挥衣袖,洁白的雪花纷纷扬扬,飘舞而下。

雪花落在白色的海贝上,海贝快速的消融,上面的血咒也都渐渐变回了血。不一会儿,海贝和血都融入了瑶池,随着水波荡漾,消失不见。

这一次,所有关于他的痕迹都被彻底消除了,就如美丽的雪,虽然真实的存在过,也曾耀眼夺目,可当太阳升起,一切都会消失,变得了无痕迹。

相柳最后看了一眼小夭,驱策白雕,迎着初升的朝阳,向着东方飞去。

漫天朝霞,焚彩流金中,他去如疾风,白衣飞扬,身姿轩昂,宛若天人,獙君想说“珍重”,可一句简单的送别语竟然重如山岳,根本说不出口,这一别,也许就是碧水洗血,青山埋骨,永无重逢时,不知为何,獙君想起了一首古老的歌谣,他眼中含泪,用激越悲凉的歌声为相柳送别:

哦也罗依呦
    请将我的眼剜去
    让我血溅你衣
    似枝头桃花
    只要能令你眼中有我
    哦也罗依呦
    请将我的心掏去
    让我血漫荒野
    似山上桃花
    只要能令你心中有我

Xiang Liu gently pushed the peach blossom boat in front of Lord Bi. “She will awaken by dawn,” he said softly.

Lord Bi understood completely. Xiao Yao and Xiang Liu had both been bound by the soul-matching curse, allowing Xiang Liu to save her. As Xiao Yao’s vitality returned, he had also freed her from the curse—not by lifting it, but by using his own life to trap and kill it. Such a method of mutual destruction could only be employed by the Nine-Lives Xiang Liu.

Lord Bi took out a healing herb from his belongings. “Do you need my help with your injury?”

Xiang Liu smiled, saying, “Thank you, but these herbs are of no use to me!”

Concerned, Lord Bi asked, “Your wound... what can I do for you?”

Xiang Liu replied casually, “There’s no need for that. You should understand, facing the Xuan Yuan army, one life more or one life less doesn’t matter!”

Lord Bi felt a pang of sadness.

Xiang Liu continued, “But there is indeed something you can help me with.”

“Of course!” He responded immediately.

“If anyone asks about the curse inside Xiao Yao, just tell a little lie,” Xiang Liu said lightly, as if it were a mere breeze. “Xiao Yao once said she never wanted to see me again in this life. After tonight, she and I have nothing left between us, and I also don’t wish to see her again!”

Lord Bi stared at him, momentarily at a loss for words. After a moment, she said slowly, “I’ll ask the Queen Mother for help, saying the curse was lifted by her. Rest assured, besides the heavens and the earth, only you and I will know about today. I’ll never let Xiao Yao find out! I won’t betray your trust!”

Xiang Liu, pale-faced and holding his chest, smiled and slightly bowed. Lord Bi, speechless, could only return the gesture solemnly, affirming his promise to uphold it without fail.

As Xiang Liu looked at the sky, the eastern horizon began to brighten. He stood unsteadily and said, “I’ll take my leave now.”

Having long detached from the world, Lord Bi felt a hint of reluctance. “I’ve heard that the situation in the war is quite dire. Did you come to Mount Jade just to save Xiao Yao?”

Although Mount Jade didn’t concern itself with worldly disputes, she was aware of Zhuang Xu’s recent campaign against Gong Gong, which had put Gong Gong’s forces in a precarious position.

Xiang Liu chuckled, “I merely took a break from my busy schedule for a little fun!” He smiled and cupped his fist in salute to Lord Bi, then leaped onto the back of his white eagle. Just as he was about to leave, he suddenly remembered something, waved his sleeve, and pure white snowflakes began to fall.

The snowflakes landed on the white shell, rapidly melting it, causing the blood curse inscribed on it to gradually revert to blood. Soon, both the shell and the blood merged into the Yao Pond, disappearing with the ripples.

This time, all traces of him were completely erased, like beautiful snow—though it once existed brilliantly, it would vanish without a trace when the sun rose.

Xiang Liu took one last look at Xiao Yao, then urged the white eagle into the sky, flying eastward toward the rising sun.

Amidst the vibrant morning glow, he soared like a swift wind, his white garments billowing, his figure noble and ethereal. Lord Bi wanted to say “take care,” but the simple farewell felt like a heavy mountain, and he couldn’t utter a word. This separation might mean the waters would wash away blood, the mountains would bury bones, with no hope of reunion. For some reason, Lord Bi recalled an ancient song. With tears in his eyes, he sang a passionate, sorrowful farewell to Xiang Liu:

“Oh, please take my eyes away,

Let my blood stain your clothes,

Like peach blossoms on the branch,

As long as you see me in your eyes.

Oh, please take my heart away,

Let my blood flood the wilderness,

Like peach blossoms on the mountain,

As long as you hold me in your heart.”

Xiang Liu gently pushed the raft towards Sir Bi. “She will wake up tomorrow morning.”

Sir Bi understood what happened – the heart-and-life-connected Lover’s Bug was planted between Xiang Liu and Xiao Yao, which is why Xiang Liu could save Xiao Yao’s life earlier. Xiang Liu managed to now break the bug by using his own life as the lure to kill the bugs. It was a suicidal method, but a method that only Nine Lives Xiang Liu could use by taking one of his lives.

Sir Bi took out his precious medicine. “Do you want me to heal you?”

Xiang Liu smiled. “Such medicines are of no use to me.”

Sir Bi anxiously asked, “But you…..your injuries….what can I do for you?”

Xiang Liu casually said, “Don’t be like this. You know that facing down the Xuan Yuan army, one more or one less lives of mine doesn’t make a difference!”

Sir Bi’s face fell and he grew silent.

Xiang Liu added “You can do one thing for me.”

Sir Bi immediately agreed.

“If later people ask about the bug in Xiao Yao, just make up a believable lie.” Xiang Liu smiled like it didn’t bother him one whit. “Xiao Yao once said that she never ever wanted to see me again in this life and this lifetime. After tonight, she and I truly have no further ties. I also never want to see her again!”

Sir Bi stared forlornly at Xiang Liu before saying, “I will ask the Royal Mother to help lie that she removed the bug. Don’t worry, what happened here tonight, only you and I know outside of the Heavens. I will never ever let Xiao Yao know the truth! I will not ruin all that you’ve done for her and carefully arranged.”

Xiang Liu’s face was ashen and he continued to clutch his chest wound, but he smiled and tried to bow. Sir Bi had nothing he could say further, so he bowed back low as a promise that he would forever keep this secret and not fail all that Xiang Liu had done.

Xiang Liu looked at the horizon and saw a sliver of light coming as dawn was arriving. He stood up shakily. “It’s time for me to go.”

Sir Bi thought he was past all the feelings of the ordinary world, but in this moment he actually felt a genuine deep sadness. “I heard the war is getting more and more intense, and yet you took time away to come all the way to Jade Mountain just for Xiao Yao?” Even Sir Bi knew that the battle was raging and Gong Gong’s army was on the verge of defeat.

Xiang Liu smiled. “It’s not taking time away from official business, I came here for a stroll is all!” He bid farewell and vaulted onto the back of his white condor. Just as he was about to leave, he seemed to remember something and rained snowflakes down from the sky. The snowflakes landed on the white seashell and quickly melted it until it disappeared into the lake like it was never there.

This time, everything having to do with him was well and truly erased, no sign left whatsoever. Just like the most beautiful of snow, after it falls it melts once the sun rises, vanishing without a trace.

Xiang Liu looked over at Xiao Yao one last time before flying East towards the rising sun.

As the light rose over the horizon, he left like the wind with his white robe billowing, as magical as an otherworldly being. Sir Bi wanted to tell him farewell, but such a simple parting phrase felt as heavy as the weight of a mountain and he couldn’t bring himself to say it. This parting, it was likely going to be blood spilled, bones buried, ashes scattered, a parting without a gathering to come.

After a moment, Sir Bi suddenly remembered a very ancient ballad, and he glanced at Xiao Yao in the raft before looking up at Xiang Liu with tears in his eyes.

Sir Bi started to sing in the most melodic sorrowful voice.

Oh hey, oh hey

Please cut my eyes out

So my blood splashes on your robe

Like the blossoms of peaches

Just so I am in your eyes

Oh hey, oh hey

Please take my heart out

So my blood spills on the plains

Like the peach blossom on the mountains

Just so I am in your heart

-----

The readers are shown that XL was the one responsible for saving TSJ (just as he was the one responsible for saving XY and breaking the bug connection) and that Sir Bi knows the truth while XY does not in chapter 50:

Kanunu8Chat GPTKoala
小夭、獙君都难掩悲伤,小夭说:“我们再住几日。”

“随便你们!我累了,你们……”王母想让小夭和璟离开,獙君轻轻咳嗽了一声,王母话锋一转,问道:“你们知道小夭体内有蛊吗?”

小夭表情一滞,没有回答,璟说:“知道!”

王母道:“小夭昏迷时,我发现她体内有蛊,帮她解了,你们没意见吧?”

璟欣喜若狂,结结巴巴地问:“娘娘的意思是小夭的蛊已经解了?”

王母冷冷地说:“你质疑我说的话?”

璟忙道:“不是,不是!晚辈只是太高兴了!”王母性子清冷,话不多,但向来说话算话,她说解了,就肯定解了。

小夭心中滋味难辨,其实早在相柳行刺颛顼,却杀了丰隆时,她已经以血还债,和相柳恩断义绝,但听到两人最后的一点联系在她不知道时就被斩断了,还是有说不清道不明的怅惘。小夭嘲讽自己,人家自始至终不过是把你看作了一枚棋子,你有什么好怅惘的?难道怅惘他的冷酷无情吗?

王母疲倦地闭上了眼睛,挥挥手。小夭和璟行礼告退,獙君也随着他们,出了屋子。

行到桃林内,獙君说:“事情太多,一直没来得及问究竟是谁救了璟,为什么这么久才归来?”

璟将东海鲛人的事情说出,獙君听完后,心头一动。九头妖是妖力强大的海妖,驱策鲛人做点事完全可能,但是,完全不懂人语的鲛人,广袤无垠的大海,即使真是他做的,他也狠绝到一点痕迹没留。

小夭问:“阿獙,你怎么了?为什么表情这么古怪?”

獙君忙道:“没什么!”

Xiao Yao and Lord Bi could hardly hide their sorrow. Xiao Yao said, “Let’s stay a few more days.”

“Do as you wish! I’m tired, you all…” The Queen Mother wanted to send Xiao Yao and Jing away, but Lord Bi lightly cleared his throat, and the Queen Mother changed her tone, asking, “Do you know that Xiao Yao has a curse inside her?”

Xiao Yao paused, not answering, while Jing said, “Yes!”

The Queen Mother said, “I discovered the curse inside Xiao Yao when she was unconscious and helped to remove it. You have no objections, do you?”

Jing was overjoyed and stammered, “Does that mean the Queen Mother has resolved Xiao Yao’s curse?”

The Queen Mother coldly replied, “Are you questioning what I said?”

Jing hurriedly said, “No, no! I’m just too happy!” The Queen Mother had a cold temperament and spoke little, but she always kept her word; if she said it was resolved, it surely was.

Xiao Yao felt a mix of emotions. In truth, she had already paid her debt with blood when Xiang Liu assassinated Zhuan Xu and killed Feng Long. She had severed ties with Xiang Liu, yet learning that their final connection had been cut without her knowledge brought her an indescribable sense of loss. Xiao Yao scorned herself, realizing that he had always seen her as merely a pawn; what right did she have to feel melancholy? Was she truly lamenting his coldness and ruthlessness?

The Queen Mother, weary, closed her eyes and waved her hand. Xiao Yao and Jing bowed and exited, and Lord Bi followed them out.

As they walked through the peach grove, Lord Bi said, “There’s so much to discuss, but I haven’t had the chance to ask who saved Jing and why it took so long for him to return.”

Jing explained about the East Sea’s merfolk, and after hearing it, Lord Bi felt a stir in his heart. The nine-headed demon was a powerful sea creature, capable of commanding merfolk to do things. However, the merfolk, who completely understood no human language, would leave no trace even if it was truly him.

Xiao Yao asked, “Ah Bi, what’s wrong? Why do you look so strange?”

Lord Bi hurriedly replied, “It’s nothing!”

Xiao Yao and Sir Bi could not contain their sadness as Xiao Yao said, “I want to stay a few more days.”

“Whatever you want! I’m tired and you all…….” The Royal Mother was about to send them away when Sir Bi coughed slightly to remind her, so the Royal Mother suddenly changed topics. “You guys know there is a voodoo bug in Xiao Yao’s body?”

Xiao Yao’s expression dimmed so Jing replied “We know.”

The Royal Mother said, “When Xiao Yao was unconscious, I discovered the voodoo bug in her and broke the spell. You guys don’t have a problem with that, right?”

Jing was ecstatic and stuttered a bit. “You mean, Your Highness got rid of the voodoo bug from Xiao Yao’s body?”

The Royal Mother coldly stared. “Are you doubting me?”

Jing quickly said “No! No! I’m just too happy is all!” The Royal Mother was aloof and didn’t say much, but whatever she said was always true. So if she said she broke the voodoo spell then clearly it was now broken.

Xiao Yao’s heart was jumbled – when Xiang Liu tried to assassinate Zhuan Xu and killed Feng Long, she already repaid all her debt to Xiang Liu by giving her blood. She severed all ties with him then, but hearing now that the final last bit of connection between them was broken when she wasn’t even aware of it, she couldn’t figure out what this sense of loss meant. She mocked herself, “He always saw you as just a chess piece, what’s there to feel bereft about? Are you sad about his cold heartlessness?”

The Royal Mother wearily closed her eyes and waved her hand so Jing and Xiao Yao took their leave and Sir Bi went out as well.

Inside the peach blossom forest, Sir Bi asked, “Things happened so quickly to ask what happened, but who saved you, Jing, and why so long before coming back?

Jing explained about the mercouple in the East Sea and Sir Bi’s mind roiled after hearing it. The Nine-headed demon is the supreme power in the ocean, totally able to command the merpeople to do his bidding. And finding merpeople who could not communicate in the human language, and who lived in the vast ocean, Xiang Liu was cruel and brilliant in saving Jing without ever leaving a way to be discovered.

Xiao Yao asked, “Ah Bi, what’s wrong? Why is your expression so strange?”

Sir Bi quickly covered up. “Nothing!”