We are performing scheduled database maintenance, which may cause temporary downtime. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.
 blabla100:

I can see this script as being real, to be honest, altough I am really hoping for it to be fake. I think someone said that they did film 3 different endings? Dunno if that îs true or not though. They did touch the inlslands topic în the drama though, I mean why would they do that if they wanted to end the drama în Qingshui? 

If that were true, I certainly hope that one of the endings honour the source material, and is far removed from the script that I have read. 

AH :

I get that on a logical level, but I can't relate at all ^^"

While I was waiting for the episodes to air I had to read the novel since it was available. When the episodes were available I had to watch them. And after that I had to rewatch and re-read and even hunt down what I could find about Once Promised. There was zero self restraint.

Yeah, no I get it. And you also said that you like angsty stuff, so that's a bonus.

I don't know, it may be because I'm an artist, or it's just my personality, but I'm feeling things too intensely. It won't be long before I start spitting blood like XY.

However, the weird thing is that I used to be the person who never cried, about anything. I get super sad, sure, but the tears won't come out. For years people thought I was a Vulcan haha

So I guess Xiang Liu cured me.

Good night all! The silver lining in the script ending fiasco is seeing Tan Jianci's gorgeous photoshoot and video featured in Harper's Bazaar today (or rather yesterday since it's past midnight now). Hopefully we get more happy news in the near future with regards to the drama and script.

AH :

From what we've heard about S2 from people who have read the leaked script, it sounds like she'll have an even bigger role than she had in the novel, since they're going to make her responsible for TSJ's death instead of CX.

Lol I knew exactly what this was going to be before clicking on it ^^

I guess they made her be responsible for his death due to censorship issues. I heard bad guys aren't supposed to live/get away with their wrongdoings so Xing Yue being responsible means Cang Xuan can still live and rule his kingdom.

The song matches him. I think he's bit of a creeper. Sorry, not sorry 😂

liddi:

Good night all! The silver lining in the script ending fiasco is seeing Tan Jianci's gorgeous photoshoot and video featured in Harper's Bazaar today (or rather yesterday since it's past midnight now). Hopefully we get more happy news in the near future with regards to the drama and script.

Good night darling! And thanks again for all your hard work!

Yes, that photoshoot was something else! My eyes have been blinded haha

Elise:

Sting would agree lol

Elise:
I heard bad guys aren't supposed to live/get away with their wrongdoings

How ridiculous.

Well, considering XL will always be labeled a bad guy, it's no wonder they'll be butchering his character as much as possible. Death is too easy, right?

The way my life is now revolving around a fictional character is something I could never have predicted back on December 31st when I was eagerly awaiting 2023 with lots of plans and resolutions.

Resolution #1 for 2024

FORGET THIS SERPENT DUDE.

@liddi 

Thank you soo much for the script translation! I love that Xiang Liu has the pearl made out of Xiao Yao's tears as he's dying. I'm going to cry so much watching it all play out. 

What I hate the most is that she finds out about his death before her wedding. I wonder did they change it due to censorship? Did they not want her crying and depressed over a man that's not her husband??

liddi:
She also regretted the cruel things she said to him the last time they met. Trying to retrieve the memories in the mirror, she realised to her dismay that it had all been erased. As she recalled their happier moments, she clutched her chest and wept bitterly, asking him whether she truly meant nothing in his eyes, that he would not even leave her a small memory.

Her regret... I hated how their last meeting went 😭😭😭

Elise:

I guess they made her be responsible for his death due to censorship issues. I heard bad guys aren't supposed to live/get away with their wrongdoings so Xing Yue being responsible means Cang Xuan can still live and rule his kingdom.

What type of dumb censor is that? gees…most kings do bad stuff ..lol…but doing so many changes to the novel ..downplays the name “yearning for you”  “forever thinking of you “ …I always thought this yearning was CX for XY after he loses her…and Xy to yearn for for XL ..after his death .::

also a whole year for 2nd season..

nathsketch:

The way my life is now revolving around a fictional character is something I could never have predicted back on December 31st when I was eagerly awaiting 2023 with lots of plans and resolutions.

Resolution #1 for 2024

FORGET THIS SERPENT DUDE.

Lol…Ugghh ..problem is they won’t cast season to .till summer 2024 …you may need to move your resolution to 2025

liddi:
I have not had managed to read the entire script from front to back yet. Will see as and when I do read.

Thanks for the translations and updates you've given us as you're reading through it!

liddi:
The script does not clearly state the timeline, but having a happy proposal and wedding soon after Xiang Liu's death feels more like relegating his place in her heart to just a momentary blight which she is able to move on without much issues, which is a travesty.

Truly a travesty. And it feels like either way the timing can't work... either there's a short time between XL's death and XY's wedding or there's a long time between XL's death and XY and TSJ leaving.

I'm trying to come up with compromises in my head that would be at least not so terrible...

Like after XY learns about XL's death, she is devastated and mourns and cries for a whole night as she did in the novel. When dawn breaks, she wants to visit QS town. TSJ goes with her, but gives her space and says something similar to what he says in the novel about understanding that she was hurting and might need to be alone for a while. She visits places where she and XL shared memories and reminisces. 

After time passes and she has had the opportunity to mourn, she also reminisces about meeting YSQ in QS town. She remembers Xian Tian Er's words about choosing a life partner and XL's words at the death match arena about following one's heart with patience and long waiting for a faint hope. When XY meets up with TSJ again, she tells him that she wants to leave. They have the same exchange as in the novel about going to the ocean, just in a different setting.

The wedding and the events immediately before it become the last steps in their preparations for leaving. XY still visits her family's tombs. But in this case it's half about telling them about her getting married, and half about saying farewell. CX gives her his flower and XY accepts it with both of them knowing that she is about to leave. It is very solemn.

Because it is understood that the wedding will be their last meeting with most of the attendees, at least for a very long time if not forever, there is a sense of melancholy to the whole event, in addition to the shadow of XL's death. Unlike in the novel, Jing Ye, Hu Zhen and Tushan Zhen attend the wedding in addition to XY's family, Miao Pu and Left Ear. 

When XY receives the big-bellied laughing doll from Ah Nian, it is still the first thing to make her laugh since XL's death. XY also still sees an echo of XL in Left Ear... there are still traces of XL all around and it is clear that he is not forgotten. XY still drinks heavily on her wedding night and passes out as she did in the novel. This time her heavy drinking is implied to be mostly influenced by XL's death rather than reminiscing about her mother with Sir Bi and Lie Yang, since they've been written out of the story.

XY and TSJ say their goodbyes and leave for the ocean after the wedding, with XL's big-bellied laughing doll in tow. 

nathsketch:
Yeah, no I get it. And you also said that you like angsty stuff, so that's a bonus.

Yes, that's true. 

nathsketch:
So I guess Xiang Liu cured me.

<3

nathsketch:

How ridiculous.

Well, considering XL will always be labeled a bad guy, it's no wonder they'll be butchering his character as much as possible. Death is too easy, right?

Yeah he'll be labeled as a bad guy considering he kills Feng Long. There's no way they'll let him have a happy ending/let him live in the drama after doing that. This Reddit comment  about censorship is so true "no anti hero/villain lead character in combination with happy ending. I guess this comes from the having-to-be-a-good-representative-for-China." 

Dramadoggy2021:

What type of dumb censor is that? gees…most kings do bad stuff ..lol…but doing so many changes to the novel ..downplays the name “yearning for you”  “forever thinking of you “ …I always thought this yearning was CX for XY after he loses her…and Xy to yearn for for XL ..after his death .::

also a whole year for 2nd season..

I read  somewhere that the author said the title "Lost You Forever" is meant for Cang Xuan losing Xiao Yao forever. But.... I think the title is really meant more for Xiang Liu. Xiao Yao literally loses him forever. With Cang Xuan, she can always come back and visit him if she wants to (though I doubt she ever will lol).

Do we really have to wait a whole year? I was hoping it would air in the winter/early January 🥺