mparthur:

Spot on.  

That's why he was adamant to teach her archery so that she could protect her when he was not around one day.  

Speaking of archery, in the drama, they didn't explain why FFB /XL wants to teach her archery. It appears as if it's just a random thing that happened.  I know he did it so XY can protect herself. Idk how it unfolded in the novel so I'm curious too about this.

I also remembered earlier in the episodes, XL went to someone and ordered a bow to be made. Some commented that didn't happen until much later.

AH :

I'm not sure anyone responded to this? The answer is yes. She is assassinated in chapter 21 of the novel (as we saw in episode 30) and revived by XL in chapter 22 of the novel (we saw a small part of this in episode 30). She later poisons herself to death and XL saves her again (but hides the fact that it's him) in chapter 48 of the novel, which won't be covered in the drama for a long time. Chapter 51 is the last chapter of the novel, excluding the epilogue. 

Someone answered here or prolly I read it in the main page. But thank you for taking the time to answer it ~

When she poisons herself, is that when Jing died?

Not me having to work on a Sunday 'cause of multiple deadlines but instead commenting on here like there's no tomorrow heeee. I got a perfectly good explanation, boss. It all started with this serpent guy... 😂

Minny Me.11:

i actually just stumbled upon LYF coz i ddint know yang zi have a new drama airing. So i kinda wait a bit more then watched. 

Ohh new yang zi drama yay! Then i saw deng wei ooh I'm familiar with him! But when JCT came as XL boom i fell in love at first sight with.

With XY and XL interactions right from the start I've been wishing they better be endgame but i couldn't control myself thirsting from their interactions. I read the spoilers and damn, imycrying a river. Im on titanic AGAIN, almost allmy ships are sinking... 😭😭😭😭

I never watch a harem drama. So this will be my first and last watching such. I just wanna spare myself from heartbreak in case I'm on the wrong ship again.. haha. 

AH :

Bad things need to happen to XY for the plot to move forward and for the love interests to all worry and try to help. From a writing perspective it wouldn't make sense for those bad things to happen to XY while she's with XL - he wouldn't let them happen in the first place.

I know that. But it's just an interesting point to make.

This only shows how strong XL is among all the characters. Coz even though XY gets into trouble, there's still Jing and Xuan to help just in case, regardless of whether XL is present or not.

I am going to think of a song depicting Xiang Liu's feelings for Xiao Yao in every episode, if I can find a suitable one.

Under the Skin is amazing and there'll be a second season yeeeee

nathsketch:

Wow.  TJC's popularity is sky high now!  He is so talented.

mparthur:

I am going to think of a song depicting Xiang Liu's feelings for Xiao Yao in every episode, if I can find a suitable one.

TJC's own song, Darkness, also fits XL ~

Esp. that line "It's a pity that you and I have a beginning but no end... because longing is more superficial than saying goodbye"     ):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd_5aowflqM

nathsketch:

Read about this, but it seems the screenwriter or director, I think, from the S1 won't be participating. And rumor says they would even put a romance in S2 and pretty sure people won't be happy about that.

chase_kayden:
Speaking of archery, in the drama, they didn't explain why FFB /XL wants to teach her archery. It appears as if it's just a random thing that happened.  I know he did it so XY can protect herself. Idk how it unfolded in the novel so I'm curious too about this.

I also remembered earlier in the episodes, XL went to someone and ordered a bow to be made. Some commented that didn't happen until much later.

XL teaches XY archery so she has a means of protecting herself. When XL first meets XY, she tells him "I am just someone who has been discarded. I have no ability to protect myself, I have no one to rely on, I have no where to go..." So XL makes sure that none of that is still true before he dies. We know that for sure based on the sentiments he expresses in his epilogue. 

I thought the weapons he ordered early in the drama were for his army, not for XY, but I could be mistaken. 

chase_kayden:
When she poisons herself, is that when Jing died?

It is related to TSJ's death, but doesn't happen right after. It happens after XL makes XY realize that ZX is responsible for TSJ's death.

I am team Jing but I really love XL. His love is so selfless, although he bullied her at the beginning, his heart really opened up as he got to know her. It's so sad to see that not only was his life so hard from the beginning but even his end was heartbreaking. Even till the end, he thought of the one he loves. He really deserves better, I wish the author had given a new partner for him instead of the tragic end, but I guess that's what really gives the meaning of the title. Man I really hate these heartbreaking dramas but still lately I find myself watching only these and crying up until 3 am in the morning everyday

sam:

I am team Jing but I really love XL. His love is so selfless, although he bullied her at the beginning, his heart really opened up as he got to know her. It's so sad to see that not only was his life so hard from the beginning but even his end was heartbreaking. Even till the end, he thought of the one he loves. He really deserves better, I wish the author had given a new partner for him instead of the tragic end, but I guess that's what really gives the meaning of the title. Man I really hate these heartbreaking dramas but still lately I find myself watching only these and crying up until 3 am in the morning everyday

Episode 14 turned my view on Xiang Liu: he is HOT,  SEXY, and MAJESTIC. Just like Qi Yo, Xiao Yao's biological father in Once Promised (ignore Qi Yo's haircut in the first few episodes of A Lifetime Love.  The hairstyle in the last few episodes makes Huang Xiao Ming so hot, sexy and majestic like Xiang Liu!)

"A Life Time Love" drops new set of stills and confirms premiere date - DramaPanda 

I so badly wanted to like A Life Time Love but...it's just not shot well which is surprising because I've watched some other older cdramas and they are still good. 

Sirry Usly:

I so badly wanted to like A Life Time Love but...it's just not shot well which is surprising because I've watched some other older cdramas and they are still good. 

Ignore the bad haircut/ CGI and crap wardrobe like me and concentrate on the story.  You'll get there eventually.