We are performing scheduled database maintenance, which may cause temporary downtime. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.

Chemistry with a show is a strange thing indeed. I‘m sorry you @nathsketch and @Elise are not enjoying LMLMV.  Without TJC honestly I won‘t watch it either because until now the only c-drama I truly enjoy and watch till the end without fast forwarding are only the historical (and it even only 4-5 dramas) while until now I haven‘t been able to watch any contemporary cdrama till the end or interested enough to start watching them. Kdrama is my get go for modern rom com with perfect length of 16 Eps (for some drama even 16 already a bit too long actually).

I am now completely immersed in LMLMV idealistic world and really like ZY and TJC in it. It hit me on all the right button and kind of remind me of that feeling of first love, dating for the first time, analyzing every gesture the other person made at the courting phase and gossiping with the girlfriends, etc. All of this make me very nostalgic of my twenties ;)

And TJC did manage to elevate many moments with his micro expressions. I can stare at his  doting smile all day. After seeing him so tortured in LFY, not even able to express his love freely and getting cold shoulder from XY, it feels very good to see TJC’s smiling face and see the object of his affection reciprocate wholeheartedly. The more I watch LMLMV the more I see MQC as XL reincarnation. Both are lonely character inside, with integrity, kindness and respect for their women‘s wishes/boundaries. MQC also showing glimpses of a bit pettiness and  devilish kind of humour (watered down FFB). I even see MQC melancholy vibe as residue of his past life memory as XL, buried deep inside him. I guess I’m not free from XL yet like I thought, but at least I stopped rewatching LYF  and feeling hurt for XL since LMLMV begins. His chemistry with ZY is also good (sweet but I can feel the passion bubbling underneath) and make me squeal everytime, but again I understand if not everyone get their chemistry. I also often didn‘t get the chemistry of the CPs others raving about. 

Yes, Attorney Woo is another type of story, it‘s not really rom com because romance is only a small part of is but more of like coming age story for the FL and it‘s case by case format story also play a big part in giving the story enough ‚meat‘ and variation. The face off of Woo Young Woo and her mom always make me teary eyed. Both were superb in that scene. Actually Geng Xiaoxing (GS bff) kind of remind me of the WYW attorney bff (forget her name). 

So a good night gift for you all, BTS from TJC Campus Go performance, that muscled arms in full display… *happy sigh*

https://youtu.be/n73_sgpPkEU?si=CGTm8kwfilMD7h99

HeadInTheClouds:

Come on Kokuto. Do you actually want to save nathsketch or not? How do you expect her to remember let alone type that word? We need a simpler one :-)

Yeah no.

But it gave me the strength I needed to finish Lost You Forever.

I consider that a fair trade :)

Elise:

Did she apologize for what she said about that woman?

Yes, she did, she also said her comments were taken out of context.

@Kokuto, sorry to correct you, but Scarlet Heart is written by TongHua not MBFB the writer of LMLMV.  The tragig ending should be a hint though. I heard TH does love to torture her readers, as most of her novel doesn‘t have HE. I think MBFB wrote the drama with Ren Jialun and BaiLu (One and Only with its sequel Forever and Ever). I haven‘t watch it though, don‘t know if its good or bad.

Have any of you started watching My Demon? That one looks interesting!

luv2bafangurl:

@Kokuto, sorry to correct you, but Scarlet Heart is written by TongHua not MBFB the writer of LMLMV.  The tragig ending should be a hint though. I heard TH does love to torture her readers, as most of her novel doesn‘t have HE. I think MBFB wrote the drama with Ren Jialun and BaiLu (One and Only with its sequel Forever and Ever). I haven‘t watch it though, don‘t know if its good or bad.

I think she said one of the screen writers. But yes, the author of Scarlet Heart is Tong Hua :)

Oddly enough, I’m enjoying A Good Day to be A Dog lol even with that mess of a schedule.

My tastes are all over the place hahaha

nathsketch:
OOOOOhh. Can you share? You got me curious now

Zhang Xincheng, Zhang Linghe, Cheng Lei. TJC is a better actor than all of them, though.

Good night Luv! ❤️

luv2bafangurl:

Not the writer of the book, but of the script for the drama.  Obviously, having to translate one of Tong Hua's books to film made her realize she didn't want any of that tragedy and pain in her stuff!

Yes, I think she wrote that double drama with Ren Jialun, the historical One and Only and the contemporary Forever and Ever -- which is neat!  Like you, I'm kind of treating LMLMV as a modern fixing of LYF.

nathsketch:

I think she said one of the screen writers. But yes, the author of Scarlet Heart is Tong Hua :)

Had to double check.  Yes, I did say screen writer.

nathsketch:

Then I misunderstood. My apologies @Kokuto. I watched the first 3 Eps of My Demon. The first 2 Eps were interesting but the more I watched the more I noticed how painfully Song Kang was overacting in some scenes. TJC’s acting really spoiled me. Now I constantly comparing other actor with him and keep thinking, TJC can play this scene much better.  ^–^!

I may try watching a few more Eps before deciding to drop it or not. It doesn‘t bode well for the drama though, because I don‘t have the urge to pick it up again. Maybe I‘ll try Sweet Home. I remember he was fine in Sweet Home 1, but I haven‘t known TJC last year LOL

PS: they toned down the meowing later ;) I do feel LMLMV is getting better with each Ep, but like I said I love that drama and lapping every sugar they throw at me eagerly =)

luv2bafangurl:

Then I misunderstood. My apologies @Kokuto. I watched the first 3 Eps of My Demon. The first 2 Eps were interesting but the more I watched the more I noticed how painfully Song Kang was overacting in some scenes. TJC’s acting really spoiled me. Now I constantly comparing other actor with him and keep thinking, TJC can play this scene much better.  ^–^!

I may tried watching a few more Eps before deciding to drop it or not. It doesn‘t bode well for the drama though, because I don‘t have the urge to pick it up again. Maybe I‘ll try Sweet Home. I remember he was fine in Sweet Home 1, but I haven‘t known TJC last year LOL

PS: they toned down the meowing later ;) I do feel LMLMV is getting better with each Ep, but like I said I love that drama and lapping every sugar they throw at me eagerly =)

Oh really? Yeah, it’s bad when we keep comparing other actors to Tan :( I didn’t watch Sweet Home. Too gory, that’s not really what I enjoy.

As for My Demon, I’ll give it a try to see if it’s worth it or not. 

As for LMLMV, I’ll watch one more episode today. Viki will release episodes 7, 8, 9 and 10 tomorrow so I have time to decide what to do next hehehe

But 33 episodes. I don’t think I can handle it X_X

Elise:

This is me watching the majority of you guys enjoy LMLMV:

I can't get into this show at all and you know why T_T It's too bizarre. 

Lol I couldn't get into it either, my goodness! it was just too something.

It's just hmmm jarringly sweet

I'm almost done reading the novel and still the fl just "worships" him......it feels like a grown man with a teenager , "teaching" her everything....... where's the plot?

I'll give the drama a try again after it's done airing

Sorry my dear TJC, I couldn't walk this road with you 

nathsketch:

It’s just like you and HeadInTheClouds said. I hope he doesn’t get typecast in these rom-com fluffy dramas because they’re in all honesty boring as heck, and he’s way too talented to be in such productions :/

Suddenly Xiang Liu’s ending doesn’t seem so bad anymore.

Please no! no! no!

I can't watch another fluffy thing with him in it again

He cannot let himself be typecast 

luv2bafangurl:
I am now completely immersed in LMLMV idealistic world and really like ZY and TJC in it. It hit me on all the right button and kind of remind me of that feeling of first love, dating for the first time, analyzing every gesture the other person made at the courting phase and gossiping with the girlfriends, etc. All of this make me very nostalgic of my twenties ;)

This.  It's not something I really went through, but I think the shows works like this.  The whole awkwardness is something I can relate to.

luv2bafangurl:
And TJC did manage to elevate many moments with his micro expressions. I can stare at his doting smile all day. After seeing him so tortured in LFY, not even able to express his love freely and getting cold shoulder from XY, it feels very good to see TJC’s smiling face and see the object of his affection reciprocate wholeheartedly. The more I watch LMLMV the more I see MQC as XL reincarnation. Both are lonely character inside, with integrity, kindness and respect for their women‘s wishes/boundaries. MQC also showing glimpses of a bit pettiness and devilish kind of humour (watered down FFB). I even see MQC melancholy vibe as residue of his past life memory as XL, buried deep inside him. I guess I’m not free from XL yet like I thought, but at least I stopped rewatching LYF and feeling hurt for XL since LMLMV begins. His chemistry with ZY is also good (sweet but I can feel the passion bubbling underneath) and make me squeal everytime, but again I understand if not everyone get their chemistry. I also often didn‘t get the chemistry of the CPs others raving about.

Definitely this!  There's lots of little reminders of XL / FFB for me (and Easter Eggs), even though the characters aren't alike.  And even when there's not, I can still think, "SEE, Xiao Yao!" because it is Tan Jian Ci.  When XL / FFB looks at XY the love is so intense and my heart breaks.  LMLMV doesn't have that intensity, but Tan Jian Ci still makes it obvious and warm and has some chemistry with him.  Like I said, it's not something I normally would watch or enjoy, but with Tan Jian Ci, it works for me and I'm enjoying it.

luv2bafangurl:
So a good night gift for you all, BTS from TJC Campus Go performance, that muscled arms in full display… *happy sigh*

https://youtu.be/n73_sgpPkEU?si=CGTm8kwfilMD7h99

Oh, yes!  One of my favorites.  He looks so slender, but he's definitely wirey and strong.  And it's nice to see the photographer responsible for that awesome photo of Tan Jian Ci pulling on his shirt to reveal ... his muscles.