We are performing scheduled database maintenance, which may cause temporary downtime. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.
 Kokuto:

Thanks for explaining all these things.  You've been very helpful.

Yes I’m having problems quoting @atmospheres posts but thanks super interesting context!

Kokuto:

Big congrats to Tan Jian Ci and Bai Lu for winning Weibo's Appealing Actors Award!

https://x.com/tlmssusu/status/1732014884575949216?s=20

Tan Jian Ci also performed 'Darkness' for the audience.

https://x.com/RainnyOnna/status/1732012286603104665?s=20

Yes! Yes! Yes! More wins for him....

And Bai lu, hey girl well done

luv2bafangurl:
TJC did look so much better in costume. His next drama with TH is another modern drama right? Who is his co-star?

Li Landi. She was recently in The Starry Love and All the Way To the Sun -- the latter show did well when it aired on tv. And because I love gossip, it's an open secret that she's Zhang Xincheng's girlfriend, they've denied it over and over but everyone knows lol.

Seeing Bai Lu and TJC onstage together looking so matching makes me want to see them in a show together. Really cute at the end when they did the heart together.

My guys, if you have Twitter, could you please vote for our dude and IMMA GET IT:

https://x.com/apmahk/status/1730536961125826813?s=46&t=12qxrS30CVERhNQ2B2pDgQ

Asian Pop Music Awards 2023 - People's Choice Award 

Thanks for your time lol

nathsketch:

His acceptance speech, I'm in tears.

He thanked Lost You Forever and Xiang Liu for bringing him to people's attention *sobs*

Awwww , we really love him.....

He should just continue to be his awesome self

atmospheres:

Li Landi. She was recently in The Starry Love and All the Way To the Sun -- the latter show did well when it aired on tv. And because I love gossip, it's an open secret that she's Zhang Xincheng's girlfriend, they've denied it over and over but everyone knows lol.

Seeing Bai Lu and TJC onstage together looking so matching makes me want to see them in a show together. Really cute at the end when they did the heart together.

I remember her. Her acting in The Starry Love was okay, but I dropped the drama because I lost interest while waiting for new Eps. I don‘t know Zhang Xincheng, but thx for the info. I love me bit of celeb‚s gossip too =)

luv2bafangurl:
I remember her. Her acting in The Starry Love was okay, but I dropped the drama because I lost interest while waiting for new Eps.

She started off as a child actor. Well, she's still quite young -- 24. Her acting is ok but I just find her really boring to watch, she lacks charisma. Another young actress backed by a manufactured hype machine who needs to spend more time in supporting roles before being put in main leads when they just don't have the charisma or chops to carry it off. It's annoying how these actresses are made to run when they barely have the skills and star quality to crawl just because their agencies and backers want to fast-track them to stardom and popularity so they can start making money off them asap. And just because they cast an older, more experienced and skilled actor opposite them doesn't solve the problem -- unfortunately, it usually doesn't have the effect of bringing up the young actress's performance to his level, it just makes her performance look worse and more lacking by comparison.

I'm expecting Filter to be bad, I will be delighted to be proven wrong. 

atmospheres:
And just because they cast an older, more experienced and skilled actor opposite them doesn't solve the problem -- unfortunately, it usually doesn't have the effect of bringing up the young actress's performance to his level, it just makes her performance look worse and more lacking by comparison.

This is exactly my problem with Love Me Love My Voice. 

Today I heard the most accurate thing ever.

It's like putting Benedict Cumberbatch in a Hallmark Christmas movie. Lol the Cumberbatch part was added by yours truly :D

nathsketch:
This is exactly my problem with Love Me Love My Voice. 

Well, I expected it to be meh bordering on bad. I've seen her other work so I already knew what it was going to be like and the exact 3 facial expressions she'd have throughout the show, the big-eyed slightly open-mouthed one being the most often utilized I'm guessing. I'm sorry but anyone who thinks she can act is conflating 'I enjoy watching this pretty young woman' with 'she can act.'

I would probably enjoy watching Zhang Linghe brush his teeth, that doesn't mean he's a good actor (he was passable to decent in Maiden Holmes and SOKP, but he has a long way to go).

atmospheres:

Well, I expected it to be meh bordering on bad. I've seen her other work so I already knew what it was going to be like and the exact 3 facial expressions she'd have throughout the show, the big-eyed slightly open-mouthed one being the most often utilized I'm guessing. I'm sorry but anyone who thinks she can act is conflating 'I enjoy watching this pretty young woman' with 'she can act.'

I would probably enjoy watching Zhang Linghe brush his teeth, that doesn't mean he's a good actor (he was passable to decent in Maiden Holmes and SOKP, but he has a long way to go).

Lmao and I thought I was savage hahahahahahahahaha

People are saying she's a very good actress helpppppp what's the parameter?! She's legit acting like a fangirl, that's not even acting it's just living lol 

I liked Maiden Holmes, he was very captivating and that was his first main role, am I correct? Haven't finished Kunning Palace yet. I may need to start over because I missed too many important things.

Exactly, he's pretty and nice to look at, but to conflate beauty with being a good actor is...not a very reliable way to consider things. 

Usually, the best actors in every country are the not-so-good-looking ones. Beauty can get in the way of being taken too seriously. The beauty privilege lol

Anyways. We can't have everything. I wished they could make a compilation of only his scenes like in LYF hahahaha

And without the meowing, please :D

@atmospheres @nathsketch

LOL you girls ARE savage. But I still maintain that I like Zhou Ye in LMLMV. I like her here more than BFTB, where I can see that she‘‘s acting the character while in LMLV she looks natural. She is playing a starstruck fangirl here, so either she did improve in her acting or she choose the right role this time, which quite similar to her own personality and she just need to tone down her bubbliness (is that even a word?) ;-). This is her second drama I watch, so maybe I haven‘t seen her limitation/bored yet with her acting compared to you who already watch her in many other dramas. I heard that she was quite good actually playing dark character and it was even her breakout role?

What sometimes bother me is actually how she and her bff speaking voices sometimes have too much of that whispery soft quality. But my love for the show blinds me to its weaknesses for now. I‘m still floating high in that sugar cotton candy clouds. 

Actually MQC role imo shows how good an actor TJC is, that he can even elevate even a character that on paper must be quite bland actually, too perfect that we must park our brain at the door before watching, total vanilla green flag character without apparent struggle or noticeable flaws. But I‘m loving MQC and every gesture and expression he made, so consider me rabid fan for now, so pls bear with me if I chime in now an  then to defend my new sugar rush.

luv2bafangurl:
But I‘m loving MQC and every gesture and expression he made, so consider me rabid fan for now, so pls bear with me if I chime in now an then to defend my new sugar rush.

LOL no, please, we need a fan to counter our dark side mood hahahahaha

I'm becoming Vader faster than I thought.

luv2bafangurl:
I heard that she was quite good actually playing dark character and it was even her breakout role?

Her best work so far was probably the supporting role she did as a school bully in the film Better Days, she's better at playing against type and in a supporting role. IMO she doesn't have the charisma or skills to successfully carry off main lead roles. I'm constantly surprised how different international cdrama viewers' opinions are to Chinese viewers about almost everything. Zhou Ye seems much more well-liked and popular internationally than she is domestically. She has her own fandom in China, but people have pointed out how her acting is quite lacking especially to be doing all these main lead roles, I guess international viewers have different expectations and different things they're looking for when it comes to what they consider good acting.

Again, I need to reiterate that when I criticize someone's acting I am not criticizing them as a person -- I can completely separate an actor as a person from their work product. I'm sure she's a nice person, and I can tell she's professional, easy to work with, and behaves appropriately on set as well as off.

I really can't do those super sweet shows.... To much to watch a whole season!

But I would not mind watch clips of highly recommended scenes. 

luv2bafangurl:
This is her second drama I watch, so maybe I haven‘t seen her limitation/bored yet with her acting compared to you who already watch her in many other dramas.

I have only seen Back from the Brink and I didn't really like her there either, so it's a me problem. She was cute with Neo but that was it, in my humble opinion. I legit see no difference in the acting of these women. Except for Bai Lu, Yang Zi, Yang Mi, and some of the older ones, these young actresses are so painful to watch. Not sure if it's the roles or the lack of experience but the whole running before they can walk is awful.

Sure, it's not a requirement, but the singing part was also such a letdown. They train so hard for years and years to be able to do basically everything, and in a drama where voices and singing justify the entire plot, they pick an actress who can't sing? Even in Hollywood, they cast people who can actually sing for parts where singing is required.

atmospheres has a vast knowledge about how things work in the industry and the actors so... yeah. It's a shame though. I'm truly sad. I wanted to enjoy this, but for me, it's in no way a balm for what will happen with Xiang Liu. If anything, it's making me appreciate Lost You Forever even more. That's a victory, I guess.

luv2bafangurl:
What sometimes bother me is actually how she and her bff speaking voices sometimes has too much of that whispery soft quality. But my love for the show blinds me to its weaknesses for now. I‘m still floating high in that sugar cotton candy clouds.

I haven't noticed that because the meowing kept in the way hahahahaha