Kokuto:
We MAY be in trouble.  Filter released it's wrap video ... and honestly, I'm not sure what I'm watching.

Looks like a riot. 

Yet the synopsis I translated previously on p548 indicate there will be angst:

In order to keep her secret, Su Chengcheng has no choice but to tell lie after lie, causing Tang Yuexi to lose the one he loves again and again. After suffering a series of blows, the condition of Tang Yuexi's eyes gradually worsens, for which Su Chengcheng is guilt-ridden. Tang Yuexi finally uncovers the truth about Su Chengcheng's identity change and realises that the one he loves is Su Chengcheng alone. A sincere, passionate heart will not be deceived by outward appearances. The two people whose hearts are aligned with each other will face the difficult challenges brought by the filter bracelet together. 

So perhaps the shenanigans from the wrap video are just from earlier episodes, before the drama sets in? Then again, would I really complain if we get to see a cheerful drama that does not tear our heart (or hair) out from start to end for once? But is that really Tong Hua's style?

liddi:
Looks like a riot.

It does look like silly fun ... but that doesn't sound at all like Tong Hua or the synopsis you translated.

liddi:
So perhaps the shenanigans from the wrap video are just from earlier episodes, before the drama sets in? Then again, would I really complain if we get to see a cheerful drama that does not tear our heart (or hair) out from start to end for once? But is that really Tong Hua's style?

That would be a hard serve ... and not work all that well, IMO.  But maybe this is stuff from behind the scenes? 

I wouldn't mind seeing Tan Jian Ci in a farce or comedy -- Hello Saturday proves he has the chops for it.  But I don't want the show to be a hot mess of genres.

Also our LYF Wang Hong Yi is in this, as was rumored!  You can see him in a same green and orange striped track suit as Li Landi, also playing tennis.  Which Nathsketch pointed out may mean he's playing a male incarnation of the female lead???

O_O

It appears that the llama pics were actually from the Filter shoot!  I'm afraid to ask.

Allegedly, in the Filter trailer, the girl's party is singing Xiang Liu's song ... I don't hear it, myself.

But take a look at the plushie sitting behind Li Landi's character on her nerd shelf.  It turns out you guys are not the only ones committing XL Plushie abuse.  lol

https://x.com/aleen__leen/status/1776844586465611933

Kokuto:
It does look like silly fun ... but that doesn't sound at all like Tong Hua or the synopsis you translated.

Yup.

Kokuto:
That would be a hard serve ... and not work all that well, IMO.  But maybe this is stuff from behind the scenes? 

Some are from the actors breaking character, but it appears to be actual scenes from the drama too.

Kokuto:
But I don't want the show to be a hot mess of genres.

Agreed. There are no shortage of dramas that started off light-hearted and switched gears in later episodes. Fingers crossed that the transition is unforced.

Kokuto:
Also our LYF Wang Hong Yi is in this, as was rumored!

Yes, he is. He was also part of the Filter production crew who surprised TJC at the cinema screening of I Miss You, which TJC was planning to sneak in and watch along with the rest of the audience. From the looks of it, he should be playing Li Landi's alter ego - "the gorgeous man right out of a manhwa Quan Shengtang", which would explain why TJC was tailing him in the BTS. 

Kokuto:

We MAY be in trouble.  Filter released it's wrap video ... and honestly, I'm not sure what I'm watching.

https://youtu.be/nr2ATSF_qXU?si=_QpD6aYqInCEM6wg

liddi:

Oh dear!

Look, it's just a little bit of what's in the show, so I won't write it off. Never say never. However, I am cautious. The silly comedy combined with the angsty synopsis reminds me of Stay With Me, the other modern romance drama penned by Tong Hua that I watched. Unfortunately, that drama was not good overall in terms of plot/characters etc. and the mixing of angsty drama and comedy was not well done. The comedy aspect was rather juvenile and erm...not funny. 

I am not sure if Tong Hua is working to her strength here. Hopefully, the comedy will be nicely balanced and she will lean into her strong point - giving us a poignant romance that while angsty isn't overwrought. And importantly, no more killing TJC.

Kokuto:

It appears that the llama pics were actually from the Filter shoot!  I'm afraid to ask.

Allegedly, in the Filter trailer, the girl's party is singing Xiang Liu's song ... I don't hear it, myself.

But take a look at the plushie sitting behind Li Landi's character on her nerd shelf.  It turns out you guys are not the only ones committing XL Plushie abuse.  lol

https://x.com/aleen__leen/status/1776844586465611933

Darn. How closely are the fans watching and listening to this "trailer". I went back and I could hear XL's theme song, but I couldn't spot XL's plushie.

And I would like to clarify that I am not committing XL's plushie abuse, thank you very much. Mr. Grumpy Pants is very well taken care of.  I occasionally sticks a few things in his hair, but that's hardly "abuse" :-)

That Twitter post said, "Tong Hua really loves Xiang Liu". Does she love him enough to give us a mid-credit resurrection? I don't need him to end up with XY. In fact, he should stay as far away from XY and Jing as demonly possible - those tweedle dum and tweedle dee are nothing but trouble. Just have him alive and travelling the world with Chubby.

HeadInTheClouds:
Oh dear!

Look, it's just a little bit of what's in the show, so I won't write it off. Never say never. However, I am cautious. The silly comedy combined with the angsty synopsis reminds me of Stay With Me, the other modern romance drama penned by Tong Hua that I watched. Unfortunately, that drama was not good overall in terms of plot/characters etc. and the mixing of angsty drama and comedy was not well done. The comedy aspect was rather juvenile and erm...not funny.

Yes, "Oh, dear" was my polite response.  lol

Oh no!!!  I thought Stay With Me was supposed to be a coming of age drama, and didn't have any comedy!  Yeah, I don't think it did well at all, but I could be wrong.  I wasn't really following it.  On the other hand, this definitely looks like they were shooting for farce during the comedy parts.

HeadInTheClouds:
I am not sure if Tong Hua is working to her strength here. Hopefully, the comedy will be nicely balanced and she will lean into her strong point - giving us a poignant romance that while angsty isn't overwrought. And importantly, no more killing TJC.

If they manage to pull of poignant romance with scenes of a woman looking like the Looney Toons Wiley Coyote after he's been blown up, I will be STUNNED.  lol

But regardless, I will be there, for Tan Jian Ci.

Kokuto:
Also our LYF Wang Hong Yi is in this, as was rumored! You can see him in a same green and orange striped track suit as Li Landi, also playing tennis. Which Nathsketch pointed out may mean he's playing a male incarnation of the female lead???

I think the actress who played Tian Er is also in this. Not sure, but I thought I saw someone who looked like her.

Kokuto:

You're right! They were singing "等你一生来 Waiting for you for a lifetime" which is 55secs into Xiang Liu's theme song.

Kokuto:

Ahhhhhhh! He is rocking the universal electrocuted/troll look! 

With so many nods to Xiang Liu in Filter, is there any hope at all that contrary to our fears, Tong Hua did not butcher Xiang Liu's storyline after all? Or is this a form of compensation for whatever abuse she put him through in the drama proper? Should I be hopeful or even more afraid?

liddi:
With so many nods to Xiang Liu in Filter, is there any hope at all that contrary to our fears, Tong Hua did not butcher Xiang Liu's storyline after all? Or is this a form of compensation for whatever abuse she put him through in the drama proper? Should I be hopeful or even more afraid?

I'm just trying to protect you from disappointment :-)

HeadInTheClouds:

I think the actress who played Tian Er is also in this. Not sure, but I thought I saw someone who looked like her. 

Yes she is. The actress's name is 蒲萄 Pu Tao (literally meaning "grape") and she plays a professor Fang Jin, who is yet another of Li Landi's alter egos. You can see her in the centre frame of 1:38min, 2:20min, 2:32min of the wrap video.

HeadInTheClouds:
I'm just trying to protect you from disappointment :-)

Noooooo... say it isn't soooo! Let me stay in my cloud of delusion for a little longer!

liddi:
Some are from the actors breaking character, but it appears to be actual scenes from the drama too.

Yes, it's both.  I guess it's good sign that they had fun on the set.

liddi:
Yes, he is. He was also part of the Filter production crew who surprised TJC at the cinema screening of I Miss You, which TJC was planning to sneak in and watch along with the rest of the audience. From the looks of it, he should be playing Li Landi's alter ego - "the gorgeous man right out of a manhwa Quan Shengtang", which would explain why TJC was tailing him in the BTS.

I remember spotting him in the pics from that!

Yes, that's his character's name!  So it IS the male version of the FL!  This could be interesting.  lol

HeadInTheClouds:
Darn. How closely are the fans watching and listening to this "trailer". I went back and I could hear XL's theme song, but I couldn't spot XL's plushie.

Okay.  I'll admit I've watched the clips ... quite a few times.  lol  But I couldn't see those things or hear them.

liddi:
You're right! They were singing "等你一生来 Waiting for you for a lifetime" which is 55secs into Xiang Liu's theme song.

Oh my ... singing it badly.  I hope Tan Jian Ci wasn't around to hear that.  lol

HeadInTheClouds:
That Twitter post said, "Tong Hua really loves Xiang Liu". Does she love him enough to give us a mid-credit resurrection? I don't need him to end up with XY. In fact, he should stay as far away from XY and Jing as demonly possible - those tweedle dum and tweedle dee are nothing but trouble. Just have him alive and travelling the world with Chubby.

I think I would hear the collective scream of joy from millions of viewers in Asia if they gave XL fans some hint of resurrection.  Not to mention all the fan fiction that it would inspire.

liddi:

I'm still holding out hope that we don't get all those changes.  At the very least, stick with what's in the book... there will be enough tears generated from that.

Maybe she just needs to put a sign up in the back ground that says "Blame Tencent".  LOL!

HeadInTheClouds:
And I would like to clarify that I am not committing XL's plushie abuse, thank you very much. Mr. Grumpy Pants is very well taken care of. I occasionally sticks a few things in his hair, but that's hardly "abuse" :-)

Heheheh ... Come on... with a name like Mr. Grumpy Pants, you know his dignity is regularly abused.  lol

Now I'm imagining XL trying to explain to Hong Jiang why there are flowers in his hair. hahahahaha

liddi:
Ahhhhhhh! He is rocking the universal electrocuted/troll look!

Electrocuted / Troll look! hahahahah ... it must be XL's natural bed head state.  He has to use hispiritual power every day to get that tidy, smooth long haired look.

HeadInTheClouds:

Wow.  Good eye!

liddi:
Yes she is. The actress's name is 蒲萄 Pu Tao (literally meaning "grape") and she plays a professor Fang Jin, who is yet another of Li Landi's alter egos. You can see her in the centre frame of 1:38min, 2:20min, 2:32min of the wrap video.

Oh, how cool!  I hope she gets a bigger role in this drama.