Kimiya78:

Well to be honest the very first thing about him that got me from the outset of the drama was his contradictory character and his solemnity at the same time. I mean his personality was sooo complicated to make sense of, like the first time the way he made himself clear for XY that he was capable of everything. I was like whyyyy am I into him sooo baaaddd then I came to myself and my eyes were just searching for everything that lead to him? (even a single soundtrack or sth like that lol). The next thing was hiding his pure love ?. Well actually I did NOT fall for him in a blink of an eye, everything happened gradually? I think I have watched his scenes even his fighting ones more than a hundred times. Honestly I've never had the crush of this kind ever in my entire life, he's not likely to get outta my mind readily ?

Welcome, Kimiya! ❤️

atmospheres:
Zhou Dongyu is a very good actor. I recommend her film Better Days with Yi Yangqianxi (and Zhou Ye in her best performance as a mean girl bully), I think that film is probably available online with english subs because it was a big hit.

I thought Better Days was available on Netflix, but I checked and it isn't. Maybe it's no longer available in my region, otherwise, where did I watch it??? But yes, it's a good movie and both leads were excellent. Some scenes were difficult to watch.

atmospheres:
As a cdrama viewer, something that makes me feel quite old is that in TJC's currently filming show Filter, his leading lady is Li Landi.

You lived long enough and it happened. Some of the actors that I crushed on are hitting old age, and the young ones are now in romantic roles. Such as Wu Lei. Sometimes it's hard to watch him when I have the image of him as little Fei Lu in my head :-)

H19279:
Yes, Ancient Love Poetry is the prequel of The Last Immortal (in term of original novels which were both written by Xing Ling).

All these talk of Ancient Love Poetry, The Last Immortal and Movie Actors vs. Idol Actors. If you want to see the difference in acting calibre between the two, watch Zhou Dongyu in Ancient Love Poetry then compare it to Zhao Lusi in The Last Immortal. Particularly the emotional scenes that required restraint and subtlety. Zhao Lusi is good at certain things and I can see how she got to her current position, but watching her in the scene where she found out that the male lead is disappearing/dying was painful.

nathsketch:
Maybe in order for him to move up some rows, he needs to do serious stuff, not the silly idol dramas where he gets be called an uncle :)

You have to be a top liuliang with huge fandom to sit closer to the front. And even the top liuliangs know that they need to pivot to more serious work. I think Xiao Zhan is doing that right now. And the "older" liuliangs like Yang Mi, Zhao Yi Ling and Tang Yan have been working hard to gain acting recognition, fighting for 3rd, 4th leads in movies with prestigious directors in an attempt to change their image. 

I hope that TJC will follow Zhu Yilong's path and try to establish himself in the movie industry. The idol world is a young person game and it seems so exhausting. 

Kimiya78:
Honestly I've never had the crush of this kind ever in my entire life, he's not likely to get outta my mind readily ?

Don't read the book Kimiya78, give yourself the best chance to extricate yourself from the Xiang Liu's obsession pit :-).

Kimiya78:
Honestly I've never had the crush of this kind ever in my entire life, he's not likely to get outta my mind readily ?

No.  I can report Tan Jian Ci's Xiang Liu and Fang Feng Bei are unforgettable!

Welcome to the thread!

Kokuto:

No.  I can report Tan Jian Ci's Xiang Liu and Fang Feng Bei are unforgettable!

Welcome to the thread!

True dat.

❤️

HeadInTheClouds:

Don't read the book Kimiya78, give yourself the best chance to extricate yourself from the Xiang Liu's obsession pit :-).

I haven‘t read the book only snippets here and there and still I‘m in the obsession pit due to TJC portrayal in the drama to the point that the lazy me wrote long essay and reading even longer essays from other ladies in the academic thread LOL

@Kimiya78: welcome to the club =) Another question, were you also once a Jinger?

luv2bafangurl:
I haven‘t read the book only snippets here and there and still I‘m in the obsession pit due to TJC portrayal in the drama to the point that the lazy me wrote long essay and reading even longer essays from other ladies in the academic thread LOL

There's truly no hope for you then, by the looks of it :-). And I haven't seen you in the Academic thread for a while, my lady. Where is your next essay?

luv2bafangurl:
@Kimiya78: welcome to the club =) Another question, were you also once a Jinger?

The 1 million dollar question that needs to be asked of every new member to the XL's club. And if the answer is yes, we want proof of that shameful past :-).

HeadInTheClouds:

There's truly no hope for you then, by the looks of it :-). And I haven't seen you in the Academic thread for a while, my lady. Where is your next essay?

The 1 million dollar question that needs to be asked of every new member to the XL's club. And if the answer is yes, we want proof of that shameful past :-).

Pls don‘t lure me back in. I just finally managed to keep myself from the other thread and not replaying XL/FFB cut from the drama every other day ^_^!  At this point I also don‘t have anything new to add. The ladies and you have actually said everything I thought already and more eloquently at that. I‘d only spam the thread if I write ‚Agree 100%‘ after every other post right LOL.

I‘ll definitely go back there when S2 airs. The ladies must have a lot  to say, dissect,  discuss and rant again by then ;-) 

Heard a melon that S2 will be aired on Chinese lunar new year? Is it true? And no news yet on LHF air date? 

Thanks a lot guys. What is Jinger btw?

I'm having the issue of invalid linking which have no clue about, that's why I can't Quote to none of you :/ I just quick reply.

Kimiya78:

Jinger means someone who used to be fan of Jing (character) 

Kimiya78:

Oh, Jinger is a term coined by yours truly to designate some Jing fans (almost all of them) that think their fox dude is the best thing ever and are oblivious to the fact that he isn’t. When confronted with reasonable arguments, they often resort to ad hominem attacks such as: “you are an abuser supporter”, a “blood ATM”, or gems like Jing is a martyr, a saint, his goodness is a beacon of light in a dark world and we are the evil ones for not appreciating his kindness.

You’ll soon encounter a Jinger if you are willing to join us in our XL army :D

H19279:

Jinger means someone who used to be fan of Jing (character) 

Also current fans. Especially the more intense ones.

Kimiya78:

Jingers is the term for people who likes the character Tushan Jing. We have a few here who started out as a Jingers, but defected - typically following the whole attempting to die with XY and sleeping for 37 years thing. 

Kimiya78:

I'm having the issue of invalid linking which have no clue about, that's why I can't Quote to none of you :/ I just quick reply.

Your account probably still needs a little time before it can use all the features. Also, long texts can’t be quoted. You’ll need to be on the computer to quote and reply to specific parts of the text :)