Kokuto:

I have no idea ... which is why I blame Jingers.  lol

It's like those translations for I Miss You.

The movie would have been... very interesting if they followed the title Google came up with. (๑乛◡乛๑) 

nathsketch:

It's like those translations for I Miss You.

The movie would have been... very interesting if they followed the title Google came up with. (๑乛◡乛๑) 

I Lost You?

I Lost You ... in the Supermarket  ;p

liddi:

Q8. How do you define "like" 喜欢 and "love" 爱?
TJC: For me, like is the quickening of the heartbeat when you meet, while love, as mentioned earlier, may be more about staying together and companionship.

Thank you for the translations, liddi!

This was an interesting answer ... At first it sounded like he reversed the two.  But perhaps,  he considers 'like' passion, and 'love,' a substantial relationship?

Kokuto:
This was an interesting answer ... At first it sounded like he reversed the two.  But perhaps,  he considers 'like' passion, and 'love,' a substantial relationship?

Yes. I had to read what he said a few times too because like you, I initially thought that he got them mixed up. 

This is the original Chinese text:

Q8. 你如何定义喜欢和爱?
TJC: 我觉得喜欢是相遇时的心动,然后爱可能更多的是要像刚刚提到的相守和陪伴。

I think what he means is that "like" 喜欢 refers to the physical attraction, before one really knows the person, whereas "love" 爱 is born as one gets to truly know the other person, which comes from 相守 staying together and watching over each other, as well as 陪伴 companionship.

liddi:
Yes. I had to read what he said a few times too because like you, I initially thought that he got them mixed up.

It's hard to tell with Tan Jian Ci, because he sometimes comes out with interesting and unexpected responses about relationships.

liddi:
This is the original Chinese text:

Q8. 你如何定义喜欢和爱?
TJC: 我觉得喜欢是相遇时的心动,然后爱可能更多的是要像刚刚提到的相守和陪伴。

I think what he means is that "like" 喜欢 refers to the physical attraction, before one really knows the person, whereas "love" 爱 is born as one gets to truly know the other person, which comes from 相守 staying together and watching over each other, as well as 陪伴 companionship.

Part of it is we have the idea that "like" is emotionally lesser than "love."  That "like" is company that you enjoy -- something warm, but "love" is passionate, overwhelming,  heart stopping, -- something passionately hot.  But most people "like" the person they "love" and "love" lasts and is an enduring companionship even if passion dims.

nathsketch:

Thank you!! I remember seeing these pictures and I was hoping the movie would have this sophisticated vibe. This photoshoot looks so beautiful and much better than what we actually got in the film. It looks more mature as well.

The Harpers always has gorgeous shoots, but they rarely look like the shows.  Remember the shoot from LMLMV?   Plus, you know this wasn't accurate to the movie ... there was no plaid!  lol

Kokuto:
I don't think if it was made in China with a Chinese company, that they can sell it overseas, unless they have a license to broadcast. It's for all broadcasting.

I wonder why they can't sell it to overseas buyers. I guess business works differently over there. From a Western business perspective, a company is a private entity that makes and sells products in different markets. Products need to meet the regulations of the market that they want to be sold in, but just because it doesn't meet the regulations of one market, they could still be sold in another. 

Kokuto:
I honestly don't know why Tencent didn't air the show after they got the license. I think they got it before the ban came down. I just have to wonder how long the production companies are just going to suck the costs for these banned shows

They got the license in 2021 and the ban hit in 2022. If they can't sell the product then i guess it has to be written off as a huge loss. What else could they do to recoup the investments when they can't sell them anywhere?

HeadInTheClouds:
I wonder why they can't sell it to overseas buyers. I guess business works differently over there. From a Western business perspective, a company is a private entity that makes and sells products in different markets. Products need to meet the regulations of the market that they want to be sold in, but just because it doesn't meet the regulations of one market, they could still be sold in another.

Well, even in Western business, some companies are private and some are public... but regardless, government interference is mostly limited to legal situations.   But the government seems to have much more of a say in everything in China.  The broadcasting license is about controlling the propaganda / image, and they definitely want the image of China to be consistent at home and abroad.  Hence the reason why they don't let them sell stuff abroad.

HeadInTheClouds:
They got the license in 2021 and the ban hit in 2022. If they can't sell the product then i guess it has to be written off as a huge loss. What else could they do to recoup the investments when they can't sell them anywhere?

Unless the show was shelved by the cancellation of an actor, I don't think there is anything they can do but write it off.  But if it has to be cancelled because of an actor, then they can try to recoup some money from the actor.

Badgal1995:

I believe they didn't forget but honestly the first quarter of the years was empty they could def release finally thinking about. Would now be the right choice, I just hope they release at the right though. 

Some one said that one of the TV stations picked up Love Has Fireworks, and that may be part of the reason for the delay.  Now Tencent has to wait until the TV station fits it into it's schedule, also.  Not sure if that's true, but I think it's a good thing that it is going on to be on a TV station too, even if the wait is beyond annoying.  Especially, like you said, given the drama drought at the beginning of the year.

HeadInTheClouds:

The rumour is a June broadcast date. But we're at the tail end of May and there are still no confirmed date. I'm thinking maybe it won't air until after LYF 2. Probably a good thing. Something sweet to make up for the cry fest of LYF 2.

We now know that Tale of the Rose will be airing on June 6 -- not sure if I want Love Has Fireworks to air against that.  But since they waited so long, it's going to be hard to dodge the bigger dramas.  At least it would be counter programing, as this seems lighter and has some comedic elements.

Badgal1995:

Yeah still imagine they’re playing to release randomly like many modern cdrama. We can’t really know,  but agree that it will be such a good blessing for it to comes out right after LYF for every reasons!!

I may be alone, but I will probably watching LMLMV after LYF cause that makes me grin sappily, and it's the opposite of tragic ending and relationship.  Unless of course, Love Has Fireworks comes through as a feel good showing for Tan Jian Ci.

Kokuto:

I Lost You?

I Lost You ... in the Supermarket  ;p

Nope. That’s not it. Nowhere near. Nope. I may have to dig up that post again ehehehehehe

Kokuto:
Some one said that one of the TV stations picked up Love Has Fireworks, and that may be part of the reason for the delay.

There may be truth to this. I saw some news about advertising/marketing with Zhejiang's Television (or something). 

Kokuto:
We now know that Tale of the Rose will be airing on June 6 -- not sure if I want Love Has Fireworks to air against that.

Maybe it's best if it broadcasts after LYF 2. I don't know if I can sit through Love My Voice again for some sugar following the bloodbath of LYF 2.

HeadInTheClouds:

There may be truth to this. I saw some news about advertising/marketing with Zhejiang's Television (or something). 

Maybe it's best if it broadcasts after LYF 2. I don't know if I can sit through Love My Voice again for some sugar following the bloodbath of LYF 2.

Eh, LYF2 doesn’t seem so bad when you put it like that ahahahahahah

HeadInTheClouds:

Well, lets hope that we get Love Has Fireworks and that it will counteract the ending of LYF2.

nathsketch:
Eh, LYF2 doesn’t seem so bad when you put it like that ahahahahahah

Low blow!  ;p

HeadInTheClouds:

I wish they would get together with Tencent and schedule it.  We need some new Tan Jian Ci content.

Kokuto:
2 days ago
 HeadInTheClouds:
Well, lets hope that we get Love Has Fireworks and that it will counteract the ending of LYF2.

I read a rumor this morning that Tencent planned Liu Zhou story starring ZWY to be broadcast after LYF-2

H19279:
I read a rumor this morning that Tencent planned Liu Zhou story starring ZWY to be broadcast after LYF-2

I wouldn't be surprised, given ZWY also had a drama broadcast right after LYF last year -- the one set in the 1970s about logging... the name escapes right now.  Both ZWY and Tan Jian Ci seem to have a good relationship with Tencent; both having a few dramas with them.  And IIRC, they both were given VIP Star awards by TenCent last year.

Though I thought Liu Zhou story was airing before LYF?  I don't think TenCent has a big costume drama for June, do they?  They have a big contemporary drama, with Tale of the Rose.