We are performing scheduled database maintenance, which may cause temporary downtime. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.
 Eimae:

I don't recall if the novel wrote why or how she die? It's just that she passed away a while ago

Ooo ok... I just curious how his aunty die..

Anybody here has started to watch The Promise of Chang An? Gosh, as much as i miss Cheng Yi’s performance, i cant hardly watch, let alone to imagine, him being paired with Madam Qing Rong LOL. Maybe its just me, but i have always perceived Sarah Zhao as older/madam type, having seen her as the mother of handsome siblings as well in the past. I hope to see Cheng Yi and Yuan Bing Yan collaboration again in the future, their chemistry is superb. 

kelincikebon:

Anybody here has started to watch The Promise of Chang An? Gosh, as much as i miss Cheng Yi’s performance, i cant hardly watch, let alone to imagine, him being paired with Madam Qing Rong LOL. Maybe its just me, but i have always perceived Sarah Zhao as older/madam type, having seen her as the mother of handsome siblings as well in the past. I hope to see Cheng Yi and Yuan Bing Yan collaboration again in the future, their chemistry is superb. 

me too.. I dun like Sarah Zhao.. at the moment.. I haven’t watch.. but I take a peek the trailer and see the comment.. hahaha

Waksss someone spoiled the original ending of the original series of promise of Chang an?

I think you gals better prepare yourself with the ending if you going to watch...

Hmmmm.... I think I will wait till end of story firm..

I think i will skip The Promise of Chang An. I might have given it a try if only Vicky Liang is the female lead instead LOL. Sarah Zhao is very beautiful, but  somehow her visual as female lead doesnt seem to click with my personal preference.

kelincikebon:

Someone who watched said that Cheng Yi appears with all his youthful exuberance in these early episodes and that he liked the drama with other adjectives. P.S: I haven't been able to watch it yet because in my region We Tv hasn't released it (I have to wait for Viki.com to add subtitles). P.S: The actress who plays Madame Dong Fang (his partner in TPoC is a year younger than him.)
 kelincikebon:

I think i will skip The Promise of Chang An. I might have given it a try if only Vicky Liang is the female lead instead LOL. Sarah Zhao is very beautiful, but  somehow her visual as female lead doesnt seem to click with my personal preference.

I just finished watching Maiden Holmes and it's 3am now... no time even to rewatch the last episodes of L&R... I'll skip it as well. :)

I watched L&R meet and great, the 2 actors playing Xuanji's father and Sifeng's father were embarrassing . One wanted to re enact a cute scene with his onscreen daughter and the other was promoting another drama disregarding the director and the leads. Like when they asked about a 11th lifetimes and he said that it won't happen because Chengyi's filming with Linglong ( Zhang Yuxi) and he was so much in ZYX personal space that it was uncomfortable. The second hand embarrassment when they recreated the cave scenes and when the teaser with the kiss scene was playing. Liu Xueyi was funny. There were some awkwatd moments but it was better than the douyin one I saw before , where CY and YBY were like two strangers, especially on CY's part. Baishu and Yuxi were cute and funny on it though.

Rewatching L&R, I think the drama tend to show us a lot of Sifeng's suffering ,sacrifices,feelings than Xuanji's side. Her being conflicted was showed through their direct confrontation when she hesitated to kill him, not through words or thoughts  like how Sifeng shared his with brother Liu. They showed us the Xuanji who just obeying her elders, family and hurting Sifeng. But what about her suffering?  that she has to go against the man she love. We know her love wasn't shallow but run deep because everytime Sifeng was hurt, she goes berserk. She trusted him enough to want to give her life.I guess it because they wanted her to express it when she was chasing him but I wished they showed her side more , maybe less people would've been mad at her.

LovelyLady:

Rewatching L&R, I think the drama tend to show us a lot of Sifeng's suffering ,sacrifices,feelings than Xuanji's side. Her being conflicted was showed through their direct confrontation when she hesitated to kill him, not through words or thoughts  like how Sifeng shared his with brother Liu. They showed us the Xuanji who just obeying her elders, family and hurting Sifeng. But what about her suffering?  that she has to go against the man she love. We know her love wasn't shallow but run deep because everytime Sifeng was hurt, she goes berserk. She trusted him enough to want to give her life.I guess it because they wanted her to express it when she was chasing him but I wished they showed her side more , maybe less people would've been mad at her.

So true, especially during the major angst arc of the drama, the only people that XJ got to share her true feelings to was with Zi Hu and Teng She. She was being treated as a killing machine once again by most of the people around her. 

LovelyLady:

I watched L&R meet and great, the 2 actors playing Xuanji's father and Sifeng's father were embarrassing . One wanted to re enact a cute scene with his onscreen daughter and the other was promoting another drama disregarding the director and the leads. Like when they asked about a 11th lifetimes and he said that it won't happen because Chengyi's filming with Linglong ( Zhang Yuxi) and he was so much in ZYX personal space that it was uncomfortable. The second hand embarrassment when they recreated the cave scenes and when the teaser with the kiss scene was playing. Liu Xueyi was funny. There were some awkwatd moments but it was better than the douyin one I saw before , where CY and YBY were like two strangers, especially on CY's part. Baishu and Yuxi were cute and funny on it though.

"but it was better than the douyin one I saw before , where CY and YBY were like two strangers, especially on CY's part. "

What is or means "douyin"? All the interviews or meetings with them that I saw, Cheng Yi was always more serious than her, but was there always a good, fun, outgoing interaction between them ! (What "douyin" was that that they behaved like strangers?)

pinksprings01  

true, especially during the major angst arc of the drama, the only people that XJ got to share her true feelings to was with Zi Hu and Teng She. She was being treated as a killing machine once again by most of the people around her.  

I found everything just right. I don't understand why these people complain so much. The couple's love was well represented (both by him and by her). What a boring staff !! They are never satisfied! (This is a drama in which all the suffering on the part of the two was worth it, and everything led perfectly and gradually to a grand finale (for the protagonist couple). Perfect! P.S: These boring and unproductive criticisms also made against the female protagonist of "Novoland Castle in the sky 2 (2020)". All nonsense, the female protagonist was perfect here too.
 LovelyLady:

I found everything just right. I don't understand why these people complain so much. The couple's love was well represented (both by him and by her). What a boring staff !! They are never satisfied! (This is a drama in which all the suffering on the part of the two was worth it, and everything led perfectly and gradually to a grand finale (for the protagonist couple). Perfect! P.S: These boring and unproductive criticisms also made against the female protagonist of "Novoland Castle in the sky 2 (2020)". All nonsense, the female protagonist was perfect here too.
 pinksprings01:

Douyin is tiktok 

Thanks !