There's an entire story told in two simple scenes and it's just so beautifully done that I had to get it out. This is after watching all episodes, so please be aware this is all spoilers if you haven't finished.

The first scene is a simple shot at the beginning of Go Yeong and Gyu Ho's relationship, Go Yeong opens a practically untouched sauce bottle he had sitting in his cupboard, probably something that remained from when Mi Ae lived there, its already expired but he tastes it and decides its fine.

The next scene comes a year after he and Gyu Ho breakup on a night where Go Yeong brings home takeout, he finds the takeout bag empty of sauce and is forced to look in his cupboard for the now empty bottle of sauce. 

The sauce that Go Yeong never touched because he doesn't cook for himself anymore, the sauce that Gyu Ho always cooked their meals with, the sauce that was empty in the cupboard because that's how much time passed when they were together, a whole bottle of sauce worth of time. The sauce that still sat in his cupboard with barely a drop left in it because Gyu Ho had a bad habit of not refilling things that were empty, like the waters in the fridge. The sauce that would have caused another fight if Gyu Ho was still there because why didn't he replace it with a new one. But in this moment all it did was remind Go Yeong of the meals Gyu Ho cooked for him, the stupid fights they had over nothing, the two of them spending days just doing life together. So he sits there chewing his sauceless food as if it's difficult to swallow without that sauce in his life, hard to swallow around the lump in his throat, instead putting an entire packet of wasabi on one bite just wishing for tears that wouldn't come.

Not a single bit of this was said aloud, the scenes only lasted a couple seconds each, but they said so much. This show was full of so many subtle moments like this, letting the audience feel every little shift in Go Yeongs emotions. I'm so glad they chose Nam Yoon Su to play this character, he made every emotion into an experience that we felt alongside him. I loved so many things about this show, I have so much more to say, so many more aspects that I absolutely adore, but I need to start somewhere, so here we are.

The scenes are 32ish min into ep 5 and 3ish minutes into episode 7 for reference. 

Feel free to use this as open discussion for anyone needing to unload all of the strong emotions this drama made you feel, I definitely need it. ❤