@Rina,Thank you so much for sharing novel small description with us. After reading this, i am sad how in the name of lord he will abandon her.I hope scene will be as good as describe  in novel. I am ready to cry ....

MintChocolate:
LBY’s deciding on leaving is a must decision. This irritated me to even acknowledged it. I mean, was he ever ready in facing the truth. Since the truth made him sees dark and red and bleak. His grieves and anger to avenged, threw him downward spirals.

I loved your words!

LBY is the proverbial "bad boy" that we love and hate at times.  I feel his character thought he could be with SS and enact revenge at the same time but the death of his mom/aunt engaged the emotional darkness he held at arms length.  He gave into the rage.

It was fitting he felt misery from the loss of SS.  Truthfully, she was correct in telling him that he made her like him, trust him, depend on him and he betrayed it all by choosing to live for his past.  I don't believe he knew what agony was, even with his family history, until she was no longer near.  That's when true loss actually smacked him upside the head and made him bleed.  He finally knew love.

Previously I was upset, I really wanted LBY to suffer for abandoning our SS to the point I think the writer should've let her happily get married to LSJ and have a child while LBY spends his time on and off the battlefield secretly looking over her in misery. Maybe LSJ will pass away early, leaving her child and her widow and then LBY can rekindle their love and proposed to her again after so many years of regret. But that means killing off LSJ, that's kinda mean lol and I’m not sure if there's character development in going that route. Also if she married LSJ out of spite for LBY, its won’t be fair either to anyone. It would leave a bitter after-taste in fact to the otherwise beautiful story.

Upon further deliberation, I understand why CSS was able to forgive LBY after 5 years. I mean this forgiveness was by no mean easy, she took her time and thought about it a lot, trying to find herself and figure out her feelings. LBY did his best as well to make up, he helped his love rival, he apologized, got on his knees and begged for forgiveness, not to mention spreading rumors about him and CSS so she can't get married to LSJ. He knew she still loves him by the way she looks at him compared to SJ so he rides on that when he begs her even, telling her he will not marry anyone but her or he deserve to be alone so she would pity/heartache for him more. Why, because if LBY is not happy with someone else, how can she be happy with LSJ? lol Like he literally does everything tactically to ensure he had a chance of winning her back, thats a General for you. And how else does a man have to do to earn forgiveness if not all that, afterall what done is done, he can't possibly rewind time back to 5 years ago and undo the past that he regretted so deeply. Beneath some might call manipulative and cunning, this is a man who is desperately trying to get the love of his life back. CSS knows hes exactly that kind of man who would exhaust all means chasing her, so she told him to give her time and that when she does choose to marry him, it will not be because of pity or gratefulness, but for love only (at least she knows not to be swept up in his pace). She can't see a future without LBY in it because she still loves him, and who can continue to hate someone who is willing to do so much for you? In QiQi’s term, LBY willingness to suffer and get hurt for her trumps every other fault he may have lol. In the past, CSS puts her own feelings and needs above others due to how she was raised but now she was able to consider the needs of the person she love and think in his shoes, so forgiving him is a natural course that shows how mature she has become. Thus this scenario made a lot more sense, more real to me now.

Thank you @Rina  I enjoyed your insights and thoughts and I'm less anxious about the final episodes to come now.

Thank you @Rina…but how did SS and LSJ break up?  Honestly, it was awful the way he was to her in LLTG 1 and most of 2…I understand that he will help her pick up the pieces again when things go pear shaped but that to me is not love it’s gratitude..this is why their love couldn’t have lasted anyway..

Kim MC:

I loved your words!

LBY is the proverbial "bad boy" that we love and hate at times.  I feel his character thought he could be with SS and enact revenge at the same time but the death of his mom/aunt engaged the emotional darkness he held at arms length.  He gave into the rage.

It was fitting he felt misery from the loss of SS.  Truthfully, she was correct in telling him that he made her like him, trust him, depend on him and he betrayed it all by choosing to live for his past.  I don't believe he knew what agony was, even with his family history, until she was no longer near.  That's when true loss actually smacked him upside the head and made him bleed.  He finally knew love.

Distance and separation is the ultimate test of true love.  I agree with you, LBY finally knew love. This coming scenes in the drama where they breakups and makeups is going to breaks hearts. I do feel sorry for LBY, lonely boy is actually trying at his hardest. There were a clip from the drama, of LBY looked distraught presuming he was already in the Northwest or fell from a cliff, and that pain is as cold as the winter. 

Thanks so much Cloud A and Rina !

Never cease to amaze me the fandom of Mydramalist chinese drama fans are such an awesome lot - always sharing,  giving their many thoughts, insights, vents, love to the many dramas esp, this one... i am always greatful and always only watch a Chinese drama after reviewingthe ratings and reviews at Mydramalist! Super reliable!

I am upset with LBY for sure ! After all the heartfelt passionate declarations, tai lam yan manly hero and also gentlemanly actions love and TLC towards SS he chose to forsake her and took his revenge just before their wedding!  But then hoh, if he did not... he would have been the PERFECT Man to SS and to me too hahahaha and probably millions of others... he is flawed and therein lies a great drama for us to rant and love for all time.  This will always be one of my most fav dramas...  and.. like SS i would STILL choose to go back to LBY .. how to resist such a man flaws and all - dish me a LBY ANYTIMEEEEEE 

thanks Rina & CloudA for the novel highlights. LOL,  seems the real villains here are jealous and revengeful ladies.

Question: Did YSJ accept the marriage cancellation without causing any trouble? Or did he impose some trouble here before he finally backed out from their lives?

Thank you for sharing the beautiful story, really appreciate it 

My thoughts about the breaking up based on drama version. It felt very human. When LBY said it was only 15 years for the nation but took him a lifetime… I just want to give him a hug and said human is not perfect, life can be shitty but breathing means you’re surviving and have hopes…

I am not pro’s on the whole scheming plotting behind/using CSS, however those were only about options. I love how CSS deals with it went it came out. It was perfect that confrontation she had with Third Prince. LBY hesitation were actually there and would’ve saved him though. Then again what kind a story would that be ?…

AnastasiaWun:

thanks Rina & CloudA for the novel highlights. LOL,  seems the real villains here are jealous and revengeful ladies.

Question: Did YSJ accept the marriage cancellation without causing any trouble? Or did he impose some trouble here before he finally backed out from their lives?

Sorry for late reply. YSJ is a good guy and didn't cause any trouble. He's like a friend of CSS.

I'm just to pin it up to share the post with more fellows :D