❤️❤️ Dear fellows, if you are curious about the story after the 5 years of separation. You can read from Chapter 143. The author skipped the 5 years' time and directly start after 5 years. Before this chapter, it talks about LBY's final revenge for his family.

By the way, you'll know Luo Ji Tong's ending after this chapter. She died eventually.

Novels link: https://www-tianyashuku-com.translate.goog/yq/10696/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en
It contains Google Translate. Just read it in your language. :)

Thank you for sharing the link! Just collecting the order of notable lines/events that is yet to come between our OTP in the drama...  

--------SPOILERS AHEAD-------

Honestly, I am upset with LBY for his decision leading up to their 5 years separation. All this time he tries to prove to CSS that she can trust him and made her fall in love with him deeply, then he went and abandon her (not once but twice!). First time, when he massacres the Ling family, she tries to save him and he commits suicide leaving her behind on the cliff.  He took the cowardly and easy way out here instead of facing the challenges with her. The second time, after they rescue him from bottom of cliff, when Empress asks him if he will give up on CSS and he replies yes. Thus CSS request to cancel the engagement. From there, I wasn't sure how their relationship can reconcile after 5 years.

As I skim thru the novel, I found some of my questions answered and scenes I hope I will see in the drama. (add to this or correct me if I'm wrong).

Reason LBY chose revenge before their wedding:

• *The death of his mother, Huo JunHua (who is actually his Aunt), she originally wasn't crazy but later became crazy fr. She often instills in him privately their obsessive hatred and to get revenge for Huo family as he grew up, so after her death, he felt a desperate need or responsibility to act on that revenge asap lest he forgets and loses the opportunity. You can also say he was blinded by vengeance.

For those who don't already know this information, Ling BuYi real surname is Huo. He is the son of his Aunt's brother who got switch with her real son with Ling Yi (her ex-husband) that got killed in the massacre of the Huo's family. (After the truth was widely revealed, everyone calls LBY by his real name in novel, I'm just keeping it as LBY here so we don't get confused)

What happened during the 5 years timeskip:

• *LBY was exiled to frontier to fight wars and went thru countless harsh weathered, life-and-death conditions (kinda deserving imo, altho I understand his plight)
  • *CSS got very sick, close to deathbed. Not only that but after she got better and return to the palace to serve the deposed Empress for the first few years, she was ridiculed bullied, and looked down by palace maids and other noble ladies/princesses. "They laughed at her for having a good dream in vain, being fascinated by you, being kept in the dark by you, and acting as a shield for your revenge! They also said that she was delusional..."  -novel ; makes me sad reading this part, she lost the protection he promised her and basically had to fend for herself all those years.

The Reconciliation Process/Order of Events AFTER 5 Years: (its not immediate, which is what I like. hopefully drama won't rush this process too much)

*They meets again in front of the palace, CSS tries to leave but climbs the wrong horse and LBY came over to adjust her stirrups which stirs the attention of everyone at the scene. (Chapter 151) They then meet at a banquet where LBY thank her for clearing his name before the exile and promise to fufill any of her request in the future, unlimited. 

*At first, LBY thought its fine for CSS to marry YSJ but changes his mind after seeing her again. He pulled her, YSJ, and even 5th Prince into his carriage and blatantly tells her to break the engagement with YSJ and marry him creating an awkward situation. (Funny scene that I hope is in the drama)

*LBY brought gifts to Cheng's manor, kneel and apologize to CSS's parents for almost implicating Cheng's family 5 years ago. SS's father ready to beat him up but her mother intervenes and told him they won't help him convince CSS to forgive him. They told LBY that SS was so ill, that a coffin was prepared for her back then.

*Next, upon getting told by LJT that CSS's bite mark has faded, he confronts CSS soon after, tries to hugs her many times, and 'rebrands' the bitemark on her arm, leading to a struggled fight where he pretty much overpowered her (we all know his "Lu Bu" liked strength lol) and she gave him a bunch of scratch marks in return. They discussed their past and he explained why he did what he did 5 years ago, and his current situation with LJT. Then he basically tells her he won't marry nor have children/continue Huo's family line with any woman but her. He back-hugged her emotionally for a while (both in tears), then she pushed him away, he gets on his knees, begs her for forgiveness, and begs her not to be so cruel. She said she will never forgive him then their conversation got interrupted by third parties (who were astound seeing the great general kneel) and they part ways. (Chapter 162-163 in novel for details) (Definitely want to see this whole scene in the drama, I think it will be a passionate and powerful scene only WL and ZLS can make it come to life XD)

*CSS meet with YSJ to break off their engagement and admitted to him that she is afraid of LBY because of his simple unwavering conviction to pursue love or hate even if he gets burn or die. She wants to go back to the starting point and rethink her future choices, next time she will straight up get marry instead of engagement.

*CSS unexpectedly meets LBY again in the palace when a problem arises with the Yuan family. She told him she hasn't figured things out with him yet and told him to wait for her. She wants to focus on taking care of the Empress during her remaining days alive (she is gravely ill). "the question between them was never whether they liked it or not, but whether she was willing to take another risk for him. " - novel

*Apparently as we may already know it, during the 5 years while LBY was away, he kept tabs on CSS and did everything to ensure her happiness, like he knew she would choose to marry YSJ so he protects even his family. YSJ and CSS found out about this.

*Empress Xuan passed away as CSS's plays the flute by her side while surrounded by the imperial family. (Chapter 167) (I know I am gonna sob when this episode air)

*Not too sure how much time has passed after Empress passed away (maybe a few months?), but CSS still feeling down and has been staying at home. During this time LBY came to visit Cheng's manor many times but she/her mother refused to see him. Her family was supportive of her, telling her she can marry anyone she wants, even if she decides not to marry anyone, her family is rich enough to take care of her whole life.

*CSS sit and chat with the emperor, they reminisced about Empress Xuan and he talks about his youth. Emperor asked her, why is she always afraid something will happen when she is born in peaceful times into a wealthy family with nice siblings and did not have to worry about hunger or cold unlike him when he was young.  Why does she always try to leave a way out (backup) with LBY when they both are so obviously in love with each other? He told her to look forward and not always look back or she will miss out on a lot of things. (I think this conversation is an important step in her reconciliation with LBY, and help her come to a revelation. Emperor is so wise and on point sometimes although hes goofy) 

*CSS and her family went on a trip to Empress Xuan's hometown (LBY had asked her to go with him as he has business to attend to as well but she refused and doesn't want him having his men follow her either) and like all her previous trips, it's never smooth sailing as she runs into LJT who schemes to kill her along the way. LJT who thought she got SS cornered, confesses her years of longing for LBY yada yada, jealousy with CSS and all her sins come to light. Ofc our SS then outsmarted her and give her a run for her money with her homemade firebomb and contraptions.

*CSS eventually meet up with LBY who had had his men follow LJT in case she meant SS's harm. LJT escaped. They set up camp, have a conversation again about 5 years ago with Ling/Huo family, and made up with each other, him offering her food (I think he knows his strategy with her lol food always softens her up) She then fell asleep beside him.

LBY:"...I don't know when I will be able to come back. I want you to marry someone else well. I will protect you in secret for the rest of my life." - Chapter 173 (ok I find this a touching line)

*The next day, (they're in a tent btw) CSS's brother walked in on them while CSS give LBY a face shave (recall that scene in Episode 7 when her 3rd Aunt shave for her 3rd uncle? Not sure if LBY lays on her lap here though, it didn't specifically say, but I look forward to this scene too)

The last few chapters have some more lovey-dovey scenes between the two which I won't list them out here. I just want to list out how they slowly come to terms with what happened 5 years ago in a way that makes sense to me and audiences, mends our broken hearts you know.

*I got a bit confused with the finale, but seem like Wang YanJi is the villain and trying to avenge her husband, Lou Ben death, she tries to trap them in an old underground palace. She mockingly told LBY how much hardship CSS went through after he left, and he told her he knows and how he regretted everything.

LBY: "I regretted it a long time ago. I regretted it when I saw Shaoshang chase after him with tears on her face on the night he kills the Ling brothers. I also regretted it when I threw her off the horse. (he jumps off the horse in the drama if you've seen the trailer) When she kowtowed to His Majesty, to Empress Xuan, and asked me word by word to withdraw from our marriage, I regretted it even more! Afterward, I traveled to the northwest, Mobei, and watched the pastures where cattle and sheep roared in countless cold nights. As long as I think of her, I will regret it again and again. I think, if I could do it all over again, I would definitely not take risks like that and risk my life. I have to restrain myself, even if I let the Ling brothers live a few more years, and even if revenge becomes more difficult, I will still take a bright and righteous path." - Chapter 178  (CSS listened in on this)

Like many has stated, CSS has matured over the years into a woman with no more low self-esteem who can love without restraint and selfishness and no longer afraid of being hurt. Its no longer about having equal treatment. Now she was ready to wholeheartedly accept his love, forgive his mistakes because she just wants the man she loves to be happy and safe.

*YSJ recounts with LBY what happen during the time CSS was seriously ill. YSJ: "She said in her dream, 'Take me with you, don't leave me alone, if we die, we will die together, don't leave me alone'." -novel

*The last scene of the novel which she wears a red cape with white fur and LBY wears black fur cape that is also in the trailer. They talk about how he always wears the ShaoShang string on his wrist and she told him meeting him was her greatest luck and they share a kiss. This should be the ending scene unless drama add some more of the epilogues. 

Such a beautiful story!  I am definitely looking forward to these scenes enacted by LW and ZL.  These pairing are the best in bringing out the emotions of their characters!!!! 

Thank you for summarizing it !!! Excellent ~ It saves other fellows' time! ❤❤❤ 

Thank you to both Cloud A for providing the link and Rina for the great summary. I'm working my way through the chapters now however you've already clarified a number of queries I had. Very much appreciated as it adds value to our enjoyment of the drama. This means with greater knowledge we won't be hindered by misunderstandings.

Thanks, Rina and Cloud A. Your excerpts gives so much insights on what is to come. I do look forward to LBY relentlessly trying to gain CSS' trust back. It shouldn't be easy after what CSS went thru. 

I hope we get to see this T___T. I’m ready for all the tissues 

Thanks, Rina and CloudA. Honestly, I am upset with LBY too, and even after I read the remaining chapters a part of me isn't content. It's sweet all of the things to make her life go smoother but it doesn't exactly make up for how sick she got, how humiliated she was or how he abandoned her not once but twice. I feel like if I was CSS even after the talk with the emperor it would take me a long time to fully forgive him for abandoning me. 

I've stopped reading as I'm struggling with LBY and his decisions. To abandon a person who already has abandonment issues could be regarded as a betrayal. The jury is out and awaiting more evidence.

Thank you for the summarization. I'm so excited to see the episodes. I'm on the edge of my seat the whole time. 

thank you for this summary

Thank you. Breaks my heart that she has to go through all the bullying again.

Although I disagree with LBY's decision, it sounds like his character stays consistent throughout the novel. From the beginning, he put 100% into his choices; he has tunnel visions and struggles to divert even when it was a negative outcome for him.  LBY had decided on revenge before meeting CSS. Meeting CSS and falling in love was unexpected; he probably thought he could juggle the revenge and keep CSS safe. 

I haven't read the novel, but I imagine LBY decided to let CSS go because he had so much guilt and shame. He knew he had betrayed her trust, but he also knew CSS was strong enough to survive without him. He probably didn't predict the extent CSS would grieve for him.

Thanks for sharing.  I don’t like to read, summary is great :) beautiful story. 

thanks for such a beautiful story can someone tell me the author who wrote this beautiful story I want to know their inspiration.