This series started off really good imo , it's a real bl with real story and that what makes it special , second Thai drama this year with a decent story and production 

It's so refreshing to finally watch a serious Thai BL series.

I'm honestly getting tired of high school/ university childish drama and I know a lot of people feel the same way.

AT LAST, some grown up  adult setting story with suspense, action, murders, and ACTUAL Doctors (epically rolling my eyes at you 2moons ).

I am eating this thing up like  ice cream.

Max and Tul are good actors that are comfortable with each other and it shows... also they don't look like prepubescent boys and that should definitely be more common.

I really hope this will set a new trend  or at least level up the standards of Thai BL.

Don't get me wrong, I'm super grateful that Thai BL even exists but it has the potential  (and the money) to be even better but it's not doing anything about it and that's driving me crazy, really.

LPR:

I'm honestly getting tired of high school/ university childish drama and I know a lot of people feel the same way.

AT LAST, some grown up  adult setting story with suspense, action, murders, and ACTUAL Doctors (epically rolling my eyes at you 2moons ).

Max and Tul are good actors that are comfortable with each other and it shows... also they don't look like prepubescent boys and that should definitely be more common.

I really hope this will set a new trend  or at least level up the standards of Thai BL.

Don't get me wrong, I'm super grateful that Thai BL even exists but it has the potential  (and the money) to be even better but it's not doing anything about it and that's driving me crazy, really.

Yes, totally agree with you , it's always refreshing to watch more mature characters with natural chemistry like MaxTul , plus seeing the main leads not being in college and having jobs is always great and interesting 

LPR:

The best thing about this is not only the mature tone, but really the fact that the actors CAN actually portray their roles. They are not cringy in their deliveries, etc.  That's what I value the most. The acting... Because oftentimes, even a bad script can be saved by a superb acting (e.g. c-drama Guardian.)

Well, like everyone says, it’s a new wave of BL. There are many mangas regarding murder mystery, specially in the yaory world. So, for me, Thailand is the leading BL and to take such step makes it very interesting.

Saying that, I do believe that it’s taking to long. It’s just slow. And to be honest, on episode 3, it took me two days to see it because I’m getting board.

I just hope it picks up fast because if not, I’m just going to put it on the backburner.

I was rooting for this series from the start and i knew that MaxTul together in a drama would neveeer disappoint!!

I think most, if not all, Thai dramas have a HUGE problem with excessive filler scenes. I’ve sat down and watched 40-minute episodes only to discover that one or two of the scenes were relevant to the plot. It drives me crazy, because one of the cardinal rules of film (and by extension TV shows) is every scene should give the audience new information. If it doesn’t, then it should be cut. But I guess Thai BL screenwriters and directors haven’t received that memo. Except the screenwriter and director of Manner of Death. Almost every scene is pertinent to the plot. We either learn something new about the case or the characters. Every scene is purposeful, and it’s such a refreshing thing to witness in a Thai BL.

I absolutely love that there are no long, meandering scenes of the main character’s inconsequential best friend or side couples that have no effect on the plot. I haven’t had to hit the fast-forward button once, and the only other Thai BL that’s checked off all those boxes is I Told Sunset About You.

In addition to the lack of nonsensical filler scenes, I love that there are no engineers or campus moons hahaha. 

But I guess Thai BL screenwriters and directors haven’t received that memo. Except the screenwriter and director of Manner of Death. Almost every scene is pertinent to the plot. We either learn something new about the case or the characters. Every scene is purposeful, and it’s such a refreshing thing to witness in a Thai BL.

It’s not surprising as the director is critically-acclaimed and well-regarded, having done ”Love of Siam” and “Grean Fictions.” They really made the right choice. Plus, the director in an interview said he had been offered to do BL series before which he declined, but this one he accepted because he liked it and saw that the story is different from the typical BL and knew he could make it work. And he was right.

I'm glad that I am not the only one that thinks the plot twist made a huge impact on the series. I stand on my previous comment of; how it started slow and it took 3 episodes until it started to pick-up….hehehehe…. the action. I really think this hurt the series since there are tons of people that really don’t like suspense (shows, movies, etc.) and being one of the 1st BL show to try this, they should realize that this will affect their viewing.

The character development is a great and smooth transition. And the plot of the story only thickens with a hint of sexual tension and love between both main characters (MaxTul never disappoint).

I agree with se0oulmate regarding the filler scenes. Most of the college or high school BL shows make this in purpose to add more actors and scenes, so part of their love life is intertwined with the main plot (basically milking it ^_^).

Hopefully like allancarreon says; this will be the beginning of a new BL era that we can have more than the typical normal rough guy that falls in love with another guy, or up to age at a high school or college. Don’t get me wrong, I like this shows and I do believe they are important for the younger viewers that are going through the same relative problems at their relative age, but for somebody that already graduated from college, I would love to see more than the typical BL.

allancarreon:

But I guess Thai BL screenwriters and directors haven’t received that memo. Except the screenwriter and director of Manner of Death. Almost every scene is pertinent to the plot. We either learn something new about the case or the characters. Every scene is purposeful, and it’s such a refreshing thing to witness in a Thai BL.

It’s not surprising as the director is critically-acclaimed and well-regarded, having done ”Love of Siam” and “Grean Fictions.” They really made the right choice. Plus, the director in an interview said he had been offered to do BL series before which he declined, but this one he accepted because he liked it and saw that the story is different from the typical BL and knew he could make it work. And he was right.

I watched Love of Siam a while ago, and it was good! I had no idea the same director did Manner of Death! No wonder it feels special. A good screenwriter and a good director really change everything for the better. 

se0ulmate:

I watched Love of Siam a while ago, and it was good! I had no idea the same director did Manner of Death! No wonder it feels special. A good screenwriter and a good director really change everything for the better. 

You should then watch Grean Fictions, too. It’s not BL (although has a gay character), but another good coming of age movie / story by the same director. It stars several young actors who were fairly new and not yet that known  back then (2013) and but are now pretty popular especially in BL circles - Fiat Pattadon, Pluem Purim, Jaylerr Krissanapoom, Jack Kittisak, and Fluke Natouch.

It had a follow-up TV series called Grean House, though I think he was no longer a director for the series.

Just like Manner of Death and a good part of Love of Siam, Grean Fictions is set in Chiang Mai. The director, Chookiat, comes from Chiang Mai, so a lot of his work is set in Chiang Mai. I’ve been there several times, and Chiang Mai is a place anyone can fall in love with.

allancarreon:

You should then watch Grean Fictions, too. It’s not BL (although has a gay character), but another good coming of age movie / story by the same director. It stars several young actors who were fairly new and not yet that known  back then (2013) and but are now pretty popular especially in BL circles - Fiat Pattadon, Pluem Purim, Jaylerr Krissanapoom, Jack Kittisak, and Fluke Natouch.

It had a follow-up TV series called Grean House, though I think he was no longer a director for the series.

Just like Manner of Death and a good part of Love of Siam, Grean Fictions is set in Chiang Mai. The director, Chookiat, comes from Chiang Mai, so a lot of his work is set in Chiang Mai. I’ve been there several times, and Chiang Mai is a place anyone can fall in love with.

Oooh, thanks! I’ll check it out! I love Fluke <3 

For me, Manner of Death is the product of BL innovation in Thailand.  The first in this genre mixed with crime and mystery and the most awaited comeback of Max and Tul. I am a decade fan of  Korean drama and series with this genre, the Cinematography,  the Editing, the pacing of every scene and the purpose of each character have been well thought carefully.  For BL lovers, we are enjoying the development of Love Story of the main couple while at the same time our investigative mind is working on solving the mystery behind the killing . No unnecessary scene or character were in this drama. The Love story of Tan and Bun did not overpower the truth that killing is happening in that Village.  The Viewers are both aware of this.  The   Writer and Director really did well on this aspect.  Usually when I'm watching Korean crime drama, I'm always after the killer, but this time while watching Manner of Death,  its my first time too to be smitten by the love story of Tan and Dr. Bun.  Coming from  Together with Me, Bad Romance and Together with Me: The Next Chapter,  must say these Two really grown well, there visuals, acting and love scenes were to the highest level in this series.  What makes Manner of Death special?  Try watch it for your self, you can feel the roller coaster of emotions: you get angry to the Villain, disappointed to the Police, sympathy to the victims and get in love with the Main Couple.......