Does anyone know what happened to actor playing Mek? I've heard so many rumors and I'm not sure what I should believe. First off, the dubbing. Just why... If he didn't speak Thai well they must have known from the start and either not hire him or make him exchange student to give an explanation why he's not fluent. Secondly, was the contract really broken because of his behavior on set? What's gonna happen during s2? Another actor or pretending Mek's abroad? Supposedly Ryan was only hired because of some sponsorship...

Not gonna lie, I'm kinda pissed of. MekBoss have great chemistry and natural story so I'd like to see more of them. 

My Engineer has been pushed back, switched companies, and has had many cast changes. The reason why Ryan was hired even though he is Chinese is that he was brought in by a Chinese investor. I agree that Mek could have been a Chinese exchange student and maybe Boss could have been half-Chinese instead of the dubbing. I hated the dubbing with my whole heart, it made the MekBoss scenes hard to watch for me but MekBoss was still very cute. TriCreation released a statement stating that he was fired because of "inappropriate" behavior and that he caused the delay of filming. https://www.instagram.com/p/B6N2WYrgse4/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link 

This is the only thing we know officially, anything else is mostly rumored. Keep in mind we haven't heard from Ryan's side so we don't know the full story. I think for s2 they will just replace him. I knew he was fired for a while so I made sure never to get too attached but I will still miss Ryan and the OG MekBoss.

If you follow Ryan on Instagram, he doesn't have a lot going on, and the most recent posts involve roses, almost as if he wanted his followers to pressure the company to let Ryan return to play Mek. I think he should have taken the time to learn Thai some. Perth who played Ram didn't speak Thai well either, but he knew some, and he has been working on it ever since. MekBoss was my FAVORITE couple in the show and despite the language barrier seemed to naturally get along, which is impressive. I also think Ryan was really expressive with his face and his cuteness matched Intouch's well. They exuded happiness when they realized they liked each other. You couldn't help smile. It's a real shame. 

I just watched My Engineer, and I noticed that Ryan was not on Season 2 character list. He's not even in My Engineer YT videos, so I started to search why? He was even fired even before the show's premiere?? My MekBoss heart is in pain. So much pain. I'm a hardcore RamKing fan, but MekBoss is my bias wrecker. Gawd. Why? If they replace him, better replace him the person who dubbed his dialogue! haha kidding aside, it wouldn't be complete without Ryan.