I've recommended a Wattpad translation of the 'My Gear and Your Gown' novel but I see that recently the translator has changed her name and disguised the book's title.  This will make it difficult to find the book using a search on Wattpad. 

To help you find the translation here is a link to the translator's profile on Wattpad:

https://my.w.tt/qLvBBLEdLbb

UPDATE (Jan 8 2021): The Wattpad account owner has taken down the translation but plans to launch a separate site to host all of their translations behind a registration wall. There will be no cost for registering. The one book that remains on their Wattpad is actually a Q&A on how to register, etc.

The novel has a similar timeline to the series. I've written a synopsis below.

** WARNING: SPOILERS!! **

(Even though the series differs from the book in important ways, there are still many things that are the same.)

A general comment: If they'd cast the part of Itt in the series to match the look of the character in the book, the part would have gone to Joss Way-ar (https://mydramalist.com/people/21407-joss-way-ar-sangngern). Pai, on the other hand, is described as skinny with a "Korean idol look". He is also considered very handsome but because he grew up as a nerd wearing thick glasses he lacks self-confidence.

1. At the beginning of Book 1, Pai encounters Itt at the start of his first year at university. Their relationship is tense at first but it gets much better, to the point that Itt starts to flirt with Pai.  Pai was wounded by his one-sided love for Itt in high school so he resists Itt's attempts to get closer in college. The flirting gets noticed by other students though, and eventually social media at the school is blazing with rumors of #IttPai.  Pai's interactions with Mr. 950 are much more extensive than in the series.

2. Book 1 stays within the college time frame and ends on the night that Pai wins the Moon and Star competition. Mr. 950 has promised  that he'll reveal his identity after the competition and instructs Pai to meet him at the Photo Club room. Pai shows up and discovers that Mr. 950 is Itt, and Itt confesses his love with a little bit of stagecraft and some incredibly sweet dialog. At one point Itt actually gets on his knees before Pai and asks Pai for 30 days to make Pai fall in love with him and become his boyfriend.  Pai agrees to this 'flirting' period. This ends Book 1.

3. Book 2 starts with the flashback to their high school years. It covers the animosity that Itt initially feels toward Pai as well as Pai's one-sided love for Itt. There's still the fight over the Club Room, and Pai ends up tutoring Itt at the request of a teacher, but there is no deal struck with Pai over ownership of the Club Room -- the tutoring and Club Room are entirely separate things in the book.

4. The tutoring sessions start out rough, mainly because Itt still despises Pai and does nothing to hide it. Then one day Pai helps him with an assignment and Itt realizes that Pai's a pretty nice guy. Not only that, but he knows how to explain things better than any teacher ever did, and he never judges Itt. Itt starts to take the tutoring seriously and Pai becomes the only person he has ever told about his dream to become an engineer or his own lack of self-confidence. Pai's acceptance and encouragement motivate Itt like never before, and Itt eventually starts to like Pai (but does not tell him.)

5. The night they're locked in the Club Room and have to sleep together is all the result of a ruse by Itt. It's the last time they'll have a tutoring session before the exam, and this means they're unlikely to ever speak again. (It turns out they've never told any of their friends about the tutoring arrangement or that they've gotten on friendlier terms, so outside of the tutoring they never acknowledge one another.)  The room has no windows so after lights-out it is pitch black. Itt and Pai lay side by side. The AC makes the room cold and when Pai starts shivering Itt startles him by reaching over and pulling him into his chest to keep him warm. They fall asleep like that. Itt reflects on how safe Pai makes him feel, during a time in his life where he's been unable to get emotional support from anyone else, including the girlfriend who has just broken up with him or his best friend.

6. In the book it's Itt who actually wins the competition for the rights to the Club Room, but as he lays in the dark with Pai he says that they can continue to share the room. He does so on one condition: that Pai will someday grant for Itt any request that Itt makes. Itt can't decide what he wants to ask for, so he asks for the Lab Coat earring as collateral to ensure that when the time comes, Pai won't back out of the deal.

7. After that scene, Book 2 returns to the college time frame and picks up the story where Itt has 30 days to make Pai accept him as a boyfriend. The Itt characterization in his section of the book is absolutely precious! As Pai himself comments, he never expected that such a "cute" version of Itt would even be possible.

8. At the end of the 30 days, Pai does accept Itt's love. Book 2 ends here.

9. Book 3 advances the timeline by 10 years and picks up with the group of friends in their various careers. None of this is in the series.

Wow the book version is so much better, I wonder why they changed it so much by adding so much conflict. 

Thank you by the way for the link and 5e synopsis.. You rock!

Doodles-21:

Wow the book version is so much better, I wonder why they changed it so much by adding so much conflict. 

Thank you by the way for the link and 5e synopsis.. You rock!

I'm glad it helps!

Can you tell me little about PureFolk also??

Anki:

Can you tell me little about PureFolk also??

Here's a summary of the Pure-Folk storyline from Books One and Two.

(I don't think a spoiler warning is needed since the book and series differ so much.)

Similar to the series, before the Moon-Star contest the freshman leaders are taken off-campus to a camp where they take part in various activities.

Since the camp lasts a few days, everyone has to sleep over. Sharing a bunk room are: Itt, Pai, Pure, and Folk.

(There's a scene similar to the one where the students walk with blindfolds, but it differs in key ways. For example, in the book version Pai knows that Itt's the person who starts holding his hand as they walk, and he feels reassured by it.)

By this time Folk has become frustrated over his lack of success flirting with Pai.

A day or two before the camp officially ends, Pure tells Folk that he needs to get back to campus to help a team that's coming from Australia for a robot competition. He asks Folk to drive him back to the university. By this time, Folk is starting to get it into his head that he and Pai will never be a couple, so he is willing to drive Pure back if only because it means he won't have to keep seeing Pai all the time.

(In Book Three we learn that Pure is lying about the robot competition. What has actually happened is Itt has asked Pure to get Folk away from the camp because Itt doesn't like the way Folk is always flirting with Pai. And, with Folk and Pure gone, it means that Itt can be alone in the room with Pai when they go to sleep at night.)

On the way back to campus Pure and Folk get into a traffic altercation and Pure ends up getting into a fight. He takes a few hits, so when they get back to campus Pure brings him to his dorm room to dress his wounds.

They eventually decide that Pure should just stay over in Folk's dorm room. He takes a shower and comes out with just a towel wrapped around his waist, and Pure is stunned by how hot Pure's body is. Long story short, they have sex and Pure proves to be very good in bed.

After that night, though, Pure continues to date other people and this makes Folk depressed. He is far from his usual cheerful self. Pure does try to talk to him as well as message and call him, but it gets to the point that Folk won't acknowledge any of it. He starts avoiding Pure entirely.

Eventually Folk leaves town for a solo get-away to a seaside resort in Phuket. He uses Pai's VIP card at check-in and learns that the card gives him access to some nice perks, including a free excursion cruise on a yacht. Regarding that cruise, the resort host tells Folk that he'll be sharing the boat with a few other VIP guests.

The day that Folk goes on the free cruise is also his birthday. This makes him extra gloomy. Suddenly, though, who should appear on the boat with him but Pure ... carrying a birthday cake for Folk. And then it's revealed that Itt, Pai, and Waan are also on the boat. (They're the other VIP guests that the resort host mentioned.) They all celebrate Folk's birthday and Pure asks Folk to be his boyfriend.

In Book Three, which jumps forward by ten years, Pure comments that it's always easy to remember his and Folk's relationship anniversary because the date for that is also the date of his boyfriend's birthday.

Omg that’s soo cute. Thank you so much for this, really appreciate it. 

That sweet. Thank you for giving us the recap. I really appreciate it as I have no issues with spoilers - I prefer to know what I’m getting into. I have been traumatized by horrible endings (What the Duck - I’m looking at you!)

I love it! They really screwed up majorly in this series by changing it so much... I would fire the writer LOL

BL_Heaven pulled all of their translations of novels down on January 5th, 2020.  So, the information on where to read this is no longer valid.  I'm still looking around and will post again if I find another decent translation.

newgrl:

BL_Heaven pulled all of their translations of novels down on January 5th, 2020.  So, the information on where to read this is no longer valid.  I'm still looking around and will post again if I find another decent translation.

The account was reported for stealing translations, whereas I know from having helped out here and there that this is unlikely to be true. Apparently the plan is to create a Wordpress or other site that can be made private, with registration required (but free of charge), and there will be no more Wattpad updates.

Thank you for pointing this out. I will update my original post.

Omg ? the book is so much better, though pure and folk’s story is about equal. Thank you for providing this summary. It makes me enjoy the show a little bit more. But overall just appreciate the story

Where can I read it

FreshKicks:

The account was reported for stealing translations, whereas I know from having helped out here and there that this is unlikely to be true. Apparently the plan is to create a Wordpress or other site that can be made private, with registration required (but free of charge), and there will be no more Wattpad updates.

Thank you for pointing this out. I will update my original post.

Please where can I read it ??????