The training corp basically got away with what they were doing.

Her crush is dating one of the abusers and doesn't seem to know it. I want to like this, but it's kind of a mess.

They got away with it because they were backed up by the academy. The bullying was part of the 2-week harsh training system because "real life is much worst out there," so that's why the freshmen wanted to change it. It's a critic to Korea's old-fashioned mentality when it comes to education and their seniority culture. The wrap up might be unsatisfactory to us, but I think this kind of positive change is not even realistic for Korea any time soon.

I think the training corps aren't in the wrong. Like they said "The real life is much harder out there." The society is more dangerous than at the country borders. So giving the future cops a military style training isn't a bad thing. If they are going to be cops or soldiers or anything similar to that then they have to prepare for the worst case scenario by mentally and physically. Of course that doesn't mean that the training cops should abuse their power for personal grudge.