At the end of the episode, we get our (first?) kiss.  By accident.  Of course. And it was anti-climatic. But below is my summary.  

So the fake bandits/attackers show up.  Fat Tigger (what a name) cowers and carries very fake looking weapons.  The real guys show up and we were treated to a nice scene of our female lead thinking the real bandit put on make up to look more scary...but that scar is real o_O 

Then she unleashes some kick ass martial arts (I wish this carried over to her smarts...I mean a ditzy character is endearing, but she is...annoying) *sigh* am I being too critical of her? I am going to try to back off on that I feel like I sound like a hater.  I need to keep an open mind.  It's just that I usually like this type of character too and it isn't, in my opinion, working here.  When she isn't endangering others she's being aggressive when instead she could be assertive.  

The male lead's character continues to be blown away by the world outside of the palace.  His criticisms are met with little response.  She could take this as an opportunity to teach him something positive but she hates him too much right now, and I don't blame her he is pretty snark and not very kind to her.  In this I like that she is not submissive/passive.

I blame the writers.  But the male lead speaks so little so he has less instances of really, really stupid actions but that is also part of his role.  Note, I don't blame the actress--it is hard to pull off the kind of material she is working with--I think they should have toned down her down a smidge, or toned him up a bit because all of her imperfections I think stand out more next to him because he is both smart and silent.  It should be funny...but for me this actress isn't able to pull it off.  I don't know who could. 

Our hero sort of just watched while the attack went down, so I don't know if he knows his limits or was confused.  Either way, she handled the attack fairly well, so bravo for that.

The other girl, the woman he was supposed to marry, is in the infirmary and has recovered elsewhere.  

My fave character right now is the housekeeper, who is scheming to take them down.  He is the most interesting.

We meet Master Zhu, another beautiful man which means he is important. He looks a lot like our male lead.  Siblings? But he calls our lead a womanizer...I just don't see it, even though he was in a brothel earlier. He is just too goofy.  So Zhu looks to be a competitor for the throne. I almost want him to win, just because he is interesting.  And he has some beautiful hair. Will our leads be able to give him a run for the money?

Positives: My theory is with her fists and his brains, yes.  But they will have to overcome their differences and become the PERFECT COUPLE to do it (oh yes I did just say it, really sarcastically too *grins*)

Negatives: More dangerous situations that otherwise could have been avoided. The male leads snobbery = he cannot adopt to the situation=he does foolish things.

Neutral??Other: I really want to give it a 5.5 but I think my being tired combined with my personal bias should be taken into account.

I give this episode a 6.5.  Because of his witty remarks and because she is really good at martial arts. I rate their chemistry to be low.  I found his expression when she was pulling the carriage to be great--I felt the chemistry there that sort of 'jerk likes girl but can't admit it'....and then the music ruined the moment where she asserts herself to get revenge...and she nearly kills him again...yet again endangering others.  Normally when we get a fighting couple, I think wow, they should hook up!  Like in Autumn's Concerto.  But I am not feeling it.  SOMETHING HAS TO BE THERE I WILL STAY STRONG AND KEEP WATCHING.  AND MAYBE I AM JUST TIRED AND SO I WILL CALL IT A NIGHT.  More to come tomorrow.