In which this viewer ponders how she has made it this far...and why she keeps watching

This is by far the most inconsistent show I have ever watched.  Were it not for my stubborn desire to finish something in spite of it being far, far from perfect, I would have abandoned this drama after episode one.  It is all kinds of bad, but there are a few moments where it shines.  So for these reasons I will finish this!

1. Madame Jin throws our leading Lady and Xuan Xuer in the family dungeon and she considers what step to take next.  Given the serious nature of the crime committed, I do not blame her at all for considering having our leading lady taken out.  It is far from fair, but they inhabit a world where death can be delivered based on a technicality...

2.Housekeeper shares his latest plot in detail: ruin the relationship of his aunt and her son--it feels a bit contrived, but I supposed the writers need to ensure that all parties who learn of the lie (the switch) have their screen time, probs to pave way for other plots

3.  The girls in prison reflect on their situation--it is a pretty descent scene.  I like how they are back to back to each other, considering the repercussions of their actions. It also makes them seem more human/grounded in reality.  Props to the writers for this realistic scene. (SIsterhood!)

4.Hero makes the plans for how he will handle this change of events and rescue his lady love.  He gets called unfilial, etc etc Did not like the heroes tears (over the top but it is just the way this drama is written so just go with it) in his eyes scene he does not validate his mom very well and downplays the significant threat this is to his life and family--kind of inconsistent with his character but I will let him off the hook and conclude he is a fool in love at this point.  I like his willingness to die with her but I don't think his mother wants to die with her--a bit selfish and Shakespearean but I'm rolling with the punches.

5. His servants liberate him and it seems all is going according to Housekeepers plans O_0

6.Apparently Housekeeper has been humiliated for years at Jin Manor...I thought he had a pretty sweet deal but it seems not...?

7. A fight scene occurs when hero liberates the girls...Not sure why Qi Ling has forgotten her martial arts she readily jumped in before...I will respect her choice to embrace the path of pacifism....maybe it was unsafe to fight??  Anyways, the escape is foiled by Housekeeper who sets him up nicely

8.Out of love for her son Madame Jin let's them escape....both couples are now on the run...

9.Everyone cries in the woods about how things got this way while the men sleep....the girls make the choice to leave them for their own good, I gather, with a letter (where did they get the paper?? oh who cares at this point) and the men go after them...

10.Qi Ling throws aside pacifism to protect the men when ninjas suddenly appear...ninjas are focused only on the hero who dodges pretty well...more hugs and tears...

I rate this episode a 6.5 because I liked Madame Jin's angry contribution.  I would like to see Housekeeper's plots finally reach fruition but that will probably be a ways away.  I also liked the scene in the jail when the girls ponder how they got where they are.  It would be satisfying if there was some dialogue along the lines of --I did a bunch selfish awful things but I don't care because I love this guy/girl' it would be a validating in regards to the crime they committed but still hold true to the 'love should conquer all' theme.