So we learned in this episode that Yi Do's first love is Jae Hee because she saved him from drowning when they were kids and he instantly recognized her the moment he saw her. I'm really confused as to how Jae Hee/Ye Rin doesn't know it's him? He knows her name because he called her Jae Hee in the flashback so I would assume she would also know his name and realize it's the same kid. Also, she openly spoke about being traumatized by almost drowning so we know that she remembers the experience. Thoughts?

Hi! @seoulyramen, so my first speculation is that she does remember but it doesn't even occur to her that he would remember her, especially as she is in her older state.  I am thinking that maybe the other times she saw him, he didn't say his name?  Although, I would really like some more info about the other 2? times they interacted and she "ignored" him.  Afterall, we are seeing this through his eyes, so maybe there is more to those stories as well.  But, yeah, that is the speculation I prefer.  In this case, I also feel like that is why she was interested in his clothes in the first place. 

My second speculation is that maybe he had a different name in his youth? I mean, E Do isn't really a common name I have heard in any other dramas.  It has a kind of make a name for yourself feel to it.  I am less convinced of this one, but there is some validity to it because of his family issues. 

Either way, I think it is safe to say she at probably doesn't remember him saying that she is his soulmate, otherwise she would have at least known who is first love had to have been. 

Thank you for responding! I also think that it's more likely that he is using a different name than when he was a child, and yes after learning about his mother it wouldn't surprise me that he would want to start fresh with a new identity. I actually re-watched the scene where Ye Rin is reading to Yi Do and I realized that there is a flashback where it seems like he sees Jae Hee (possibly with her daughter and husband) a few years back and that's how he knows she's married and what she looks like older. I'm dying to know the other times that he claims to have been ignored by her, it's hard to wait for new episodes xD

i dont get it either.  its been bugging me why she doesnt have a clue who he is.  And he said he recognized her 3 times, so does that mean he recognized her immediately in the heavier versions of herself and not the new thin version? ( i know the thin version reminds him of he, etc)  

@seoulyramen I don't even remember that flashback.  Which episode was that in? Because as much as I like this drama, I am not going to rewatch the whole thing.  I only do that with dramas that I absolutely love.  And the jury is still out on this one. 

@Sam-I-Am The flashback is in episode 7, it's super brief, it's him standing with a backpack and looking forward like he's seeing someone/something intently and then he leaves his notebook with drawings of what I'm guessing is Jae Hee on a bench.