I don't think Iam biased at all. Show biz every where are very discriminated even in Hollywood, younger and older one criticize for the same reason, the length of career not exceeded over 40, young & beautiful/handsome actors/actress come and go. Show biz is a cruel world, very depressing. Double standard is in every sector but criticizing Dilraba should take into consideration too. I think I criticizing Li ChangGe is justified. Bet this isn't a popular opinion and many will storm at me with their stern arguments, for sure Reba older than Leo Wu, and her part is for high intelligent and brave 15 yo girl. Did she deliver it? I think she did. But I did NOT criticize Dilraba, I criticize Li ChengGe, see the different? Apparently, ChangGe didn't anticipate consequences in every decision she make, that's foolish. She's young and naive making the great biggest decision that concerning if not million people from both sides...but she's willing to offend AS and put Eagle division in jeopardy even AS told her to scram of. Am I biased? I watch the drama like the rest of you guys but I have different angle to digest story, though I appreciated all the opinions here as we all should because this drama getting more interesting for us when we exchange views and information. I got it. Keep it nice and friendly...my friends. 

@Kim MC Very true. Why do comparisons even arise, I don't get really.

@Xtinew She didn't jeopardize Eagle division actually. She did her part in saving her General Luo Yo but yeah trusted Princess Yicheng to some extent which was the wrong step. And she warned Sun not to get involved. Also she didn't know Alir was his foster mom. And also she didn't want to involve Alir either. The drama showed Luo Yi part rather differently. In the manhua, Luo Yi wasn't captured but here Khan captured him so without risk, she couldn't have saved him. Sun reflected later on for his words to her. He didn't mean to say that but said that on spur of the moment. And also Changge felt devastated with guilt too. And she went another way and got shot by the arrow just to distract Sher's men so that Sun can reach his camp safely. 

And yeah I know you didn't criticize Dilraba, those were not for you. It was in general sayings. About the parts of Changge, it was for you.

I think as well it's very easy to relate to the tragedy of Sun and his emotions because there are so prominently displayed (well done Wu Le) [even Le Yan with her constant crying is easier to empathise with], but in contrast the trauma and emotional struggles of Changge are less obvious partly cause of the way she has bottled up all her emotions and is cold towards others (Dilraba has done really well, it's just her character has reacted to trauma and tragedy differently). She undoubtable has PTSD and survivors guilt as shown by her nightmares, but her waking moments are just as equally fuelled by the constant traumatic changes (I think she's borderline suicidal). My understanding is that considered the losses (her family, A Du, Gongsun Heng's suicide, etc) and betrayals of those closest to her (her uncle was like a father figure for her compared to her own father; who by the way considering the last conversation she had with him was a fight over her being too close to her uncle is both ironic and tragic and another reasons to fuel her hatred and revenge), her response to all this trauma is to dedicate her life towards revenge. In a way her revenge is the only thing fuelling her will to continue to live. You could even say she's cannot fathom and is afraid of stopping her revenge as what then is the point of her being alive. Yes she has done some pretty stupid, reckless, and inconsiderate things, but in the midst of all her internalised pain, I think it's understandable that she's not making the most rational and nicest  decisions currently. She's not a normal emotionally healthy individual. It's like she's throwing herself headlong towards her demise as she has such a blinkered hatred-revenge driven conviction and view of the world. She hasn't really had a break or been willing to give herself a break to kinda reflect and actually accept her losses and fully grieve. The lack of reflective dialogue on what's going on inside her mind in the show is unfortunate, but I suppose that's the hardship of translating a character like Changge into a show. The manhua did this much better. She's the emotionally stoic and restrained female that has strong convictions that are not necessarily the right ones. She is willing to go through with what she thinks is right for the Tang Dynasty even knowing the consequence, which is an admirable trait it's just unfortunately applied to the wrong situation (I wish the scriptwriter had done better with this whole rescuing the general plot line). She's not perfect, but I feel considered what she is going through kindness, understanding and patience should be applied when evaluating her perspectives and hardships, not the immediate response of anger and dissatisfaction so many people seem to have.

@SerenityShimikaBlack Really well said. All the points you made about her mental state and distress are vividly depicted in your statement. She's the type who bottles up emotions and swallows them and then has indigestion as a side effect. She's never had the proper time to grieve for all the tragedies she faced and she never thought of doing so because she'd go insane. So she keeps her composer by gearing up her brains into strategies but her side effects cause her nightmares and mental distress.

My goodness. You guys have dissected her character so eloquently! I'm pleasantly surprised! I agree with most of the points you all have mentioned. I think she's been holding on to her fire for revenge because it's so personal and, without it, she suddenly doesn't have a greater purpose to life now that she's entered the real world(from her former cossetted and luxurious life).  

Side note: Wu Lei's performance in episode 25 knocked me senseless. I didn't know he had it in him to bring out such intense emotions, it was so intense I got anxious for him, seeing how visibly broken and fuming he looked(did you see just how red his ears became??). Heartbreaker looks aside(did you see his jewelry promotion? guy is dashing to the T), this guy's got real acting potential. Reba also has space to grow as an actress, I thought she had better acting in Love Designer. She had these small expressions that surprised me in that drama, her drunk scene was one of the more convincing ones I've seen on TV.  Idk what it was that brought out that improvement, I didn't see enough of tat in The Long Ballad(there was one small part where she was kneeling, tears spilling down, over Alier's body that was well done). Maybe the stoic trait of Changge contributes to it. 

We're getting more of the 2nd CP in the next few eps(26 to 30, I think) and I'm getting a bit bored by their storyline. It doesnt feel as well written as the main plotline. I'm a bit surprised and disappointed cuz I really liked LS & HD's first scene together, when I didnt know HAO DU was gonna be LS' love interest. But now it's just...meh. I'm anticipating the main CP's story, so looking forward to that! Hopefully the 2nd CP will pick up, too.

@Alexis Romanov Wu Lei displayed mind-blowing acting in those scenes shocking everyone. He's a gem, no doubt. And about Raba as Changge, she's playing a character which has more than enough emotional composure and calmness, so her part is done really well. Her rage, her tears, her pain, her sorrow, her intentions, she tackles all these deep within just letting a fraction of it surface outside just as what the character is in the manhua.  

I really wanna see more of GeSun. But since LY, HD, WS are also important leads here, so I get it that their screen time is fair enough. But I still want to see AS and CG scenes more now that they have come to terms with their feelings. 

@Dragnelia 

Yes! I agree, I just wish they wove the other characters' storylines more seamlessly. I think that because GeSun is more of a slow-burn, that's why my interest has been maintained for so long. Slow-burns seem more realistic and make the viewer more invested in the long-term, imo. Just one of the reasons for watching this show.

@Alexis Romanov Their slow-burn is one of a kind tbh with the perfect build up. Also their individual characterization is also amazing which makes the chemistry more satisfying and intriguing. The fact that Ashina Sun basically proves actions speak louder than words is brilliant.

@Dragnelia 

Uhuh! I know this show has its drawbacks but its strengths and the GeSun power couple shines brighter for me, so I'm really enjoying it. Cdramas don't usually do that for me!

@Alexis Romanov yeah cdramas always follow stupidity/quarrel/banter/bicker/cold and warm/idol tropes. So it's an exception that is really enjoyable to me, who's more into well written development like in GeSun. Loving it as well.

I came back to read this thread and honestly miss it.

Martial:

I came back to read this thread and honestly miss it.

I also reread this thread a few days back. Same sentiments ><