Can someone help a foreign girl out with Taoism questions? I have really enjoyed the discussions between Chang Ge and the Bodhisattva but I feel like I am missing a lot of the deep stuff. Although I have a lot of questions I am going to start with three:

Question 1: What is the full meaning of the poster “Non-Interference”. I would take that to mean seclude yourself in a monastery and don’t get involved in external affairs. But they clearly do by helping refugees. What is the full meaning of the phrase?

Question 2: Chang Ge says her original Tao was “To struggle with people you can find refuge. To Struggle with people you can find your pursuit.” Is this based off of a Taoist belief or is it something she came up with?

Question 3: I have done some research on what a Tao is. From my understanding it is a mantra or saying or path you spend your life following to become a better person. Is that correct?

I am always looking for more wisdom in my life 😊.

Looks like a few users are asking similar questions so we are going to somewhat hijack  your discussion rather than to start another one.

That is a very big question. Tao (道; dào) which literally means "way" or the path, is the cornerstone of Taoism and is a life philosophy that defies description and conceptualization. It has a lot to do with the natural order of the universe and is a wisdom acquired over time and with life experience. In the context of this drama, we see all the main characters on a journey of discovery of their own moral conviction and life philosophy. The painting that Changge spends a lot of time staring at wúwéi/无为 or 無為 in traditional characters is one of the most important related Taoist concepts. It means do nothing or inaction or let things take their own course. It often means different things in different contexts and is often also used to indicate futility or pointlessness of certain actions or people. You have to decide for yourself after everything Changge did to intervene or take action, why these words inaction caused her to reflect so deeply.
That is the best simple explanation I can give on this very abstruse concept as I am no expert in Taoism so others may be able to better summarize it.

Following! I was wondering about the same things

I'm not sure if this could answer your question as I just copy paste from the manhua translator (credit for them)

1. I think the "non-interference" is the same concept as "In-action". Inaction is an important concept in Taoism that literally means non-action or non doing. Through calculated thinking and situationally appropriate actions, practioners of "Inaction" do not disrupt the laws of nature, thereby preserving the natural state of all things.

and this's my own opinion, even if it's doing nothing but still, helping the surrounding is a must as it considered appropriate actions.

2. sorry, i have no idea XD

3. Tao is a chinese concept signifying "path" or sometimes more loosely, 'doctrine' or 'principle'. In all its uses, Tao is considered to have ineffable qualities that prevent it from being defined or expressed in words. It can, however, be known or experienced, and its principles can be followed or practiced. Tao can also be interpreted as the flow of the universe, or as some essence or pattern behind the natural world that keeps the universe balanced and ordered.

I don't know much about Taoism, but this is definitely an interesting topic. 

1. 無為; as previous comments mentioned is "inaction". What I understood of its meaning via the series is, "inaction" does not refer to doing nothing, but rather to not involve the self with worldly affairs. However if there is a situation whereby you encounter injustice, Taoism would ask you to do the right thing i.e. there is a war, there's no need to volunteer to fight to end wars. If you see an injured person, the natural action will be to help this person and so you do it. It's basically a do what needs to be done if you chance upon an encounter. 

They help the refugees because every human life is precious.

2. If we're talking about the same scene and same episode, IIRC what Chang Ge expressed was she dabbled on all sorts of teachings, and she disliked/disagreed with Taoism the most, because she feels it is the most ignorant path--but she was enlightened by "Inaction" in the end. 

3. I haven't done much reading about Taoism, but I believe what it preaches is "go with the flow". 

In the series, one of the scenes talked about how the river will always be flowing. A tiger can drink water from it, so can a monkey (some other animal I can't remember).. and them drinking from the river will not disrupt anything, the river continues to flow. It just had me thinking "in that case, I'd like to be the water in the river. I'd always flow, and part of me will be with somebody. I am probably being taken advantage of (by them drinking me), or I'm probably helping someone by letting them take something from me (drinking me). Whether it's the former or the latter, it shouldn't matter. Either way I will still be here, and I will still flow" 

That's what I got from it anyway. Looking forward to read more perspectives about this ^^