the male lead's character basically was : cold,possessive,obsessed,manipulative and last but not least predatory. the part where he signals the hotel receptionist dude to say they only have 1 room when the female lead clearly wanted separate rooms and then basically lowkey forced her to have sex with him .... that whole scene was extremely uncomfortable & shouldn't be romanticized at all.

Actually, I was pretty with this scene too. And befor, when he grabed her by her neck... it was a bit odd sometimes :S

I really don't get why so many people seem to be okay with this drama, okay many other dramas also have some toxudity but this guy is probably the worst case of tixidity dusguised as romance.

I was gonna watch this sometime, but now... I am not so sure anymore.

i think you guys should give it a go, it worth it, if you can look in the other way when it comes to flaws. ok well ML was questionable sometimes for me too but i really dont think he had anytime any ill intensions, he liked the girl and was respectful, even protective of her. im pretty sure after a while he matured in these things too it was just his very first relationship, of course his flaws were shown...

I felt uncomfortable while watching this series. My ex boyfriend was like the ML. So possessive and feels like no freedom with people that I want to interact with. 

Aleleey09:

I felt uncomfortable while watching this series. My ex boyfriend was like the ML. So possessive and feels like no freedom with people that I want to interact with. 

my ex was like that too, being in a relationship with that kind of person is extremely frustrating 

Aleleey09:

Watch again. He was only that when it came to Song SiYi and if you look closely, he became possessive bc of an inner uncertainity. But what I really admired that even tho he lets her go, only a few conditions he asks her to be fulfilled. Yes, maybe not everyone is okay even with the fact of conditions but he just wants to be reassured, it can be a solution to it, it depends on the girl mostly. And this girl was okay with it. In most scenes we can see that there's love in the eyes of him, treats her with respect and genuine care. I really don't get the point of this very debate here as it aims for putting a relatively nice character into a prepared bad light.

Actually I pretty okay with ML.. he is only possesive and jealous only when it comes to song siyi... I am not okay with FL at all... She need to clarify the relationship clear cut with song siyi... I remembered a scene where song siyi invite xue ( her roomate who have crush on song siyi) .. then fl says to him.. ' Males behaving like this only give mixed signal' ... But I want this sentence to repeat fl......

I understand him being jealous of Song Si Yi because of his insecurities and such, and therefore I can look the other way when he gets overbearing and possessive in moments when she interacts with him. However, their first kiss and the hotel scene raised such massive red flags for me that I couldn't give this series a good rating. You don't have to push her against a wall to kiss her. Just ask for her freaking consent, or ease into it so she can back off if she wants too. And if the reason she backs off is because she's shy, then deal with it. 
And gosh, when it comes to the hotel scene, I'm honestly baffled that people think it's acceptable behaviour. You're in college, for God's sake! Have these kinds of conversations with your partner instead of cornering her into it. Discuss whether you're both ready for it, and whether she's alright with sharing a room. And once again, if she back off because she's shy, then deal with it because she's not ready. If you planning to stay with her, then you should be willing to wait for when she is ready, but if you don't have the patience, then break up and find someone else who is. She's not obligated to sleep with you just because you're in a relationship. Gosh, that whole scene had me cringing so bad, I can't even.
Consent is sexy, and him not asking for it isn't.

Mae Rogel 82:

Actually I pretty okay with ML.. he is only possesive and jealous only when it comes to song siyi... I am not okay with FL at all... She need to clarify the relationship clear cut with song siyi... I remembered a scene where song siyi invite xue ( her roomate who have crush on song siyi) .. then fl says to him.. ' Males behaving like this only give mixed signal' ... But I want this sentence to repeat fl......

acc to this logic then he also has to clarify things with Ling Wei which he never did, in fact the girl did it instead. I think this logic fails, she was in a long friendship with Song Siyi, she acted only as herself, but not to flirt with him while Song Siyi approached Xuexue in order to get closer to Yuan Qian. It's not the same thing.

Lyra:
You don't have to push her against a wall to kiss her.

That scene is obviously made for dramatical reasons. Many dramas use forced kisses, this one too. In reality it wouldn't be good, but almost everybody loves to see forced kisses in dramas, this is why they do it.

Mária Schaff:

That scene is obviously made for dramatical reasons. Many dramas use forced kisses, this one too. In reality it wouldn't be good, but almost everybody loves to see forced kisses in dramas, this is why they do it.

Yeah, I understand why they did it, but that doesn't justify the act. In fact, by doing so, they're continuing to normalise an unhealthy act.

Mária Schaff:

Watch again. He was only that when it came to Song SiYi and if you look closely, he became possessive bc of an inner uncertainity. But what I really admired that even tho he lets her go, only a few conditions he asks her to be fulfilled. Yes, maybe not everyone is okay even with the fact of conditions but he just wants to be reassured, it can be a solution to it, it depends on the girl mostly. And this girl was okay with it. In most scenes we can see that there's love in the eyes of him, treats her with respect and genuine care. I really don't get the point of this very debate here as it aims for putting a relatively nice character into a prepared bad light.

He literally raped her!! Wtff is wrong with you??

Nothing. 

I just like this show for what it is and tried to 'protect' it from harmful comments as well as get my pov through to show that there's not only one way to look at this show . 

You don't have to label this thing and think to much behind this as this show does not want to overcomplicate things. You guys however do that. If bf wouldn't want to get intimate with you now that would be unhealthy, as much for the girl too. Sex does not have to be the most important thing in your relationship you just have to be self-conscious about your needs. This show only wanna imply to these things but you guys think too much behind. You don't have to put things in a tube and analyze all the time of what is healthy and unhealthy bc after a while THAT becomes unhealthy. Always thinking about life in definitions... Although we need some, if you label anything all the time you guys may miss all the good things in life. 

That's my opinion about this whole debate.