Mária Schaff:

Nothing. 

I just like this show for what it is and tried to 'protect' it from harmful comments as well as get my pov through to show that there's not only one way to look at this show . 

You don't have to label this thing and think to much behind this as this show does not want to overcomplicate things. You guys however do that. If bf wouldn't want to get intimate with you now that would be unhealthy, as much for the girl too. Sex does not have to be the most important thing in your relationship you just have to be self-conscious about your needs. This show only wanna imply to these things but you guys think too much behind. You don't have to put things in a tube and analyze all the time of what is healthy and unhealthy bc after a while THAT becomes unhealthy. Always thinking about life in definitions... Although we need some, if you label anything all the time you guys may miss all the good things in life. 

That's my opinion about this whole debate. 

Agree. Enjoy the drama for what it was, fantasy. "Politically correct" hogwash does not reflect real life.  Don't expect it in Asian dramas. They are conservative and more romantic than Western cultures. Asian dramas want to learn the person before going further. Western culture tends to just want to "jump your bones", that is only animalistic and not the least bit romantic. 

I'm really shocked that people think that just because this is fiction that it's okay to depict inappropriate and offensive behavior. Yes, this is fantasy, but you depict it enough and put a romantic light to it, it normalizes this behavior, especially if there is no repercussions to the ML's actions, and especially if the character still get together in the end. The more normal it becomes, the more people start to think this is okay to do it in real life. If the characters of a show still found love despite this inappropriate behavior, then maybe they can too.

Just because this is the norm in Asian dramas doesn't mean it's okay. Asian culture can be just as problematic as Western culture, and if any aspect of a culture takes away a person's autonomy, it's important for viewers to examine it with a critical lens.

ifruity:

I'm really shocked that people think that just because this is fiction that it's okay to depict inappropriate and offensive behavior. Yes, this is fantasy, but you depict it enough and put a romantic light to it, it normalizes this behavior, especially if there is no repercussions to the ML's actions, and especially if the character still get together in the end. The more normal it becomes, the more people start to think this is okay to do it in real life. If the characters of a show still found love despite this inappropriate behavior, then maybe they can too.

Just because this is the norm in Asian dramas doesn't mean it's okay. Asian culture can be just as problematic as Western culture, and if any aspect of a culture takes away a person's autonomy, it's important for viewers to examine it with a critical lens.

My thoughts exactly. There's also nothing wrong with having a male lead that displays such behaviour as long as it's addressed as a toxic trait and he faces the consequences.

Mária Schaff:

Nothing. 

I just like this show for what it is and tried to 'protect' it from harmful comments as well as get my pov through to show that there's not only one way to look at this show . 

You don't have to label this thing and think to much behind this as this show does not want to overcomplicate things. You guys however do that. If bf wouldn't want to get intimate with you now that would be unhealthy, as much for the girl too. Sex does not have to be the most important thing in your relationship you just have to be self-conscious about your needs. This show only wanna imply to these things but you guys think too much behind. You don't have to put things in a tube and analyze all the time of what is healthy and unhealthy bc after a while THAT becomes unhealthy. Always thinking about life in definitions... Although we need some, if you label anything all the time you guys may miss all the good things in life. 

That's my opinion about this whole debate. 

Hello.
You have good sense here and a logical words.
Yes, this is just a show, a fiction one; by putting labels on everything; we missed the good things in life.
As one American Literature Teacher had written: "appreciate the story, not the eye candy!"