Hi everyone! I have been in a bit of a drama slump, so I thought this would be a great chance for me to give Turkish dramas a chance!

I would really appreciate any recommendations of your favorites!!! Thank you in advance!🥰

Got you~

• Vatanim Sensin: My all time favorite dizi with my all time favorite couple. This one is a period piece set in war-time during the Greek occupation, it features two main couples, a husband and wife on opposite ends of the war, and their daughter, a Turkish patriot, with the lieutenant son of the villain, the Greek general. Absolute peak of enemies to lovers (I don’t even particularly like this trope but I love it here because of them). It also doesn’t have like a crazy amount of episodes which is a rarity among popular dizis.
  • Çukur: The Koçoval family's life, death, and their control of a neighborhood are at stake at all times, featuring one of the best main leads in diziland. This one is incredible but super lengthy, and if you're going to watch for the romances...be aware it's beautiful, but not so happy.
  • What is Fatmagül's Fault?: Fatmagül is a simple girl who tragedy strikes in the form of a gang rape. She is forced to marry one of her attackers, but it's a bit more complicated - he did not attack her, but was present during the attack, technically making him a bystander. The story is Fatmagul's way through her attack towards acceptance, justice and love. The text in the spoiler tag aren't spoilers (they're the basic synopsis) but they could be triggering etc.
  • Adını Feriha Koydum: A poor girl named Feriha falls in love with a rich boy named Emir at their elite university, where she pretends to be 'part of his world'. It's a pretty simple premise but they have really great chemistry and it's one of the legends of its genre.
  • Sen Anlat Karadeniz: Nefes was a child bride sold to Vedat by her father. She finally escapes what is essentially a lengthy kidnapping, along with her son, by the help of Tahir, a very particular man from Karadeniz. They fall into a really lovely, beautiful love. This show features a ton of abuse, so be advised.
  • Sıla: Sila, an adopted girl of a wealthy family is fooled by her poor birth father into a marriage with the unknowing son of a powerful family that controls their village. Some things to be aware of: while they have some of the most insane chemistry ever, their first time is rape, which is inexcusable. He grovels etc and she eventually forgives him. The family is extremely, extremely conservative so the sexism is rampant and it's kind of comparable to a light slap and kiss lakorn.
The two most popular shows you should probably check out at some point, considered diziland must-watches: Endless Love, Magnificent Century

Others that are either iconic or just worth a try: Aşk-ı Memnu, Kurt Seyit ve Şura, Insider, Güneşin Kızları, Hercai, 1001 Nights (couple are the same as the parents in Vatanim Sensin, they actually met through this project and have been married irl for a long time), Kuzey Güney, Medcezir (an adaptation of The OC), Meryem (an adaptation of the kdrama Secret), Çalıkuşu, You Knock on My Door, Gunesi Beklerken (don't rly remember but think this is a loose adaptation of Hana yori Dango).

If you want currently airing popular dramas, there are Yalı Çapkını & Safir.

I don't usually watch Turkish dramas... I have watched a few... which surprisingly were really great !!

Fatmagul

Feriha

Erkenci kus

Ask Laftan Anlamaz

does MDL have any turkish dramas?

Richmama41:

does MDL have any turkish dramas?

No, there are only 7 (SK. J, C, T, H, TH, P) countries right now

so.. I haven't worked on this in a long time.. but here's a working doc of Turkish Dramas I've seen/plan to see! CLICK HERE

you can also scroll down my profile and likely find some recommendations as well! 

where do I watch them apart from youtube

Is there a site like MDL that properly lists Turkish dramas? It was by sheer luck that I came across the new drama 'Mehmed'. I'm sure there are many good T-dramas I've missed...

As far as I know there is no such information sharing and fan community site specifically for Turkish, like mdl provides for some countries. But you can request or vote to add Turkey to mdl here

Add Turkish Dramas to MDL 

!!! turkey !!! 

ASTER:

As far as I know there is no such information sharing and fan community site specifically for Turkish, like mdl provides for some countries. But you can request or vote to add Turkey to mdl here

Add Turkish Dramas to MDL 

!!! turkey !!! 

Life has become so much easier with MDL, they should really add Turkey to the list. I used to watch Turkish dramas before I discovered c/k/j dramas ..