Hey! I've just finished binge-watching Bed Friend and I'm in love. Can someone recommend me any BLs like it? I'm not talking about in terms of like plot or office romance, more like content.

I'm looking for a couple of things specifically:

- A healthy relationship between the leads (good communication, consent, etc...)

- Some angst in a character backstory (I love my angst and I can pretty much watch anything, but I would like to know the angst level on a scale of 1 to 10)

- Relatable/Realistic lead characters.

- No 'love can heal all trauma' stuff. I want some actual healing to occur.

- Preferably ends with an HEA.

Thank you!

I'm not going to lie good communication is rare. Miscommunication tends to be a staple lol. I'm  not a good judge for  angst tbh but if you look at the comments or reviews you can gage for yourself

I would not have thought of bed friend with these recommendations but according to your criteria maybe they fit some of what you want.

• Shigatsu no Tokyo wa... ( Angst =3.5/5)-The leads treat each other with respect but were greatly affected by an event in their past. Their dynamic is not conventional but definitely grounded in some realism. They have to heal their childhood selves 
  • The Miracle of Teddy Bear ( Angst =3.5/5) (It is a realistic take on mental health and dysfunctional families even with the magical element . We see a broken person learning how to love and break down their walls. Pretty underrated. I would not categorize their relationship as healthy per se in the beginning but you grow to understand. It is the kind sunshine vs angry bird type of pairing  )
  • Love for Love's Sake ( Angst =2.5-3/5)
  • To My Star ( Angst =1/5)+To My Star Season 2: Our Untold Stories ( Angst =4/5)-The second season was full of life getting in the way and miscommunication 
  • Blueming ( Angst =1.5/5)-Love did not fix their insecurities or Mommy/daddy issues. It is 
  • The Eighth Sense ( Angst =3.5/5)-leads found comfort in each other.
  • Like in the Movies ( Angst =3/5)- Panic closeted  gay vs Confident out gay. 
  • Moonlight Chicken ( Angst =3/5)-Very slice of life feel
  • Bokura no Micro na Shuumatsu ( Angst =4/5)- One of the leads was a pretty red flag  but as the drama develops  you grow to  accept their journey considering the circumstances of the world ending. It is about addressing regrets.

Until we meet again - made me bawl so much! Lots of angst. The mc and ml take time to heal themselves and figure out their feelings.

You may also like Happy Ending Romance. There's a good amount of angst there. 

Thank you for these. I will def check them out.

Love Tractor like 1/5 on the angst, like its barely there.

Its super sweet and although its only a short 7 episode drama, the actors portrayed the characters so well (if you read the manhwa)  its got one of my favourite kiss scenes i've seen so far in a BL drama.

I have actually watched Love Tractor and it was really sweet. But thanks for the rec anyway.

ah, cool! i just added bed friend to my watch list hehehe