Hi :)

I'm mainly a k-drama watcher, only I recently saw Boss & Me (chinese) and it felt really refreshing. What I liked about it is that it didn't try to be anything else (I like the originality of k-dramas, but sometimes I feel like wathcing romance and that's all, not romance + time travel, romance + cross-dressing, romance + superpower, romance + crime...). It wasn't the most thought-provoking drama, but one of the sweetest I have seen of yet, with a loveable heroine and very caring hero. I especially liked that: a male lead that's deeply in love :) I also watched ToGetHer (taiwainese), which was just as simple as sweet. I also liked that in these 2 dramas, the heroines were shy and vulnerable - don't get me wrong, I don't like weaklings either, it's just that k-dramas portray so many prickly heroines, sometimes a quieter character feels nice, and in my case more relatable. 

Do you know any more chinese or taiwanese (since I know so little about them) dramas that could fit? Oh and also, the reason I ask for something recent is actually very, very superficial: Boss & Me was nicely filmed and the fashion was nice. I have a lot of work these days so I don't even want to make the effort of turning a blind eye to tackiness :p But then if the drama is just too good, maybe I'll have try to get over it anyhow ;)
Thanks so much! Hope there is such a drama out there :)

p.s: this may reduce possibilities somewhat, but I read chinese dramas are often dubbed, and I would like to avoid that as much as possible :/
Try out:
In Time With You
When Love Walked In
Just You
It Started With a Kiss
In a Good Way
great thanks! In a Good Way sounds especially good :)
I'll tell you this. 80-90% of the popular C-dramas are going to be dubbed and it'll be hard to avoid. If there is a Taiwanese or Korean person in the drama, it will definitely be dubbed over. Your best chance of watching no dubs is T-dramas unless there is a Korean dude in it.

I can't really think of any sweet kind of dramas but I can recommend some super silly or good ones:
-Autumn's Concerto
-Hi My Sweetheart
-Two Fathers
-My Lucky Star
-My Sassy Girlfriend (don't remember if this is dubbed or not)
-Perfect Couple (don't remember if this is dubbed or not)

I'm a die-hard fan for historical/costume Chinese dramas. You can look at my Completed list to see which one you like.