Im jus getting into jap/kor dramas after a friend of mine recommended hana yori dango.... damn it was good. everything flowed and im a huge romance junkie soo i really enjoyed it. can i get some more recs of animes jus like this one? the most important keys for me would be the romance, the "intense" dramatic moments and id like the characters to be middle aged, or like high school students.. ty
Hi welcome here at MDL :)
Welcome to MDL. You should make your dramalist so that we can see what you've you watched/liked.
Hello, truasian21! ^-^

Welcome to MDL! have fun filling out your dramalist. :)
I think I'll just keep recommending Nodame Cantabile to everyone ;) - well it is manga/anime based. Also Hana Kimi, Skip Beat (Taiwanese drama based on Japanese manga with some Korean idols starring - don't we all love Asian popculture :) ) You can also try You're Beautiful - I don't think it's based on anything, but I think you'll like it.
ye-llow, also Coffee Prince
hello and welcome to mdl! :)
hana yori dango is the first drama ived watched... sooo anything epic that has the genre of romance/drama/school would be nice. ty
Hi! *waves* have fun watching Asian dramas
truasian21 wrote: hana yori dango is the first drama ived watched... sooo anything epic that has the genre of romance/drama/school would be nice. ty

Hana Dan is the first drama for a lot of us here. you would probably like Hana kimi too. Try the 2007 japanese version
gdfan wrote: Hana Dan is the first drama for a lot of us here. you would probably like Hana kimi too. Try the 2007 japanese version

I have just started HK seen ep 1 im not usually a Jdrama fan (Korean all the way for me) but its ok so far lol I havent dropped it after first 15 mins hahaha
Hi there ^^! Did you try the Korean version, Boys Over Flowers? I liked the Korean version better, but it also depends on preference. Hmm... you might like My Girl, Coffee Prince, Oh! My Lady, Sungkyunkwan Scandal (historical drama, but it feels like a modern one minus the clothing), Smile You, and Secret Garden.