This is kinda obscure I realize, but I thought I would put it out there to see what I could get!

I'm looking for a romance drama where the lead couple meets and gets to know each other by writing.  In letters, emails, texts...the way they communicate doesn't really matter to me...just as long as it's not done face to face for a solid chunk of time.  It would be great if they communicate as friends first and the romantic relationship develops over time.  Perhaps they write as friends, then meet in person, then fall in love.  Another plus would be if they do interact in person while writing letters/whatever, but they hate each other or have misconceptions about each other.

I can't think of any dramas that have this dynamic, or at least have it to the point where it was satisfying.  The country of origin doesn't matter, though I really don't want to see a taiwanese romcom.

The first drama that came to my mind is With Love, it’s old so you might not like it but it should fits the requirements.
Another one is The Queen of SOP and I think Calling Love also have a similar theme.

Edit: I just remembered there is also Koizora movie and drama, where the main leads starts by talking on the phone.
A really good American movie with this theme is You've Got Mail. I highly recommend it if you've never seen it.
Il Mare is the movie The Lake House was based on (and it's much better imo)
Seonam Girls has a side plot similar to this? It's hard to explain without spoiling anything >.<
The only one i can think of so far is:
Ode to Joy (it's a chinese drama about 5 girls and each of their lives, and one girl character had that relationship where she met up with her internet 'friend' and the relationship developed from there)

Wow, thanks for all the suggestions!  I'm looking forward to watching these.

@asliceofkate - Actually, You've Got Mail (and the play/movies it was based on) is one of the reasons I posted the question! haha.  I just rewatched it recently and wondered if maybe there was a drama that had a similar plot.
Not written, but cellphone romances:
Tokyo Girl
Only you can hear me 

Both are Japanese movies, which I really recommend, they're amazing.