any recommendations?
That should go to recommendation forum under General Asia ;)
Rich Man Poor Woman. Sprout is also popular. Great Teacher Onizuka
i'm actually watching rich man poor woman, gto, iki mo dekinai natsu, keigo higashino mysteries, sprout, beautiful rain.. all are above nice, imo... so it depends on which genre you want to watch.. :)
Great Teacher Onizuka Rich Man Poor Woman Sprout from the ones that released lately but next to those you should also give Risou No Musuko & Liar Game a try, one's good for laughs and the other is literally one of the best j-dramas so far ^^
Rich Man, Poor Woman - romcom
Sprout - romcom
Iki Mo Dekinai Natsu - romcom, drama, element of surprise
Summer Rescue - medical
Omo ni Naitemasu - romcom

Yep, Those are my faves this season..
I am surprised at the lack of Soumatou Kabushiki Gaisha in here so far; it's an excellent drama. Like suspense mystery, and not-sure-if-fantasy-or-scifi? Then it's the show for you. It's a bit similar to Loss:Time:Life in terms of "what will happen next!?" and mortality.

Obviously, you can look it up here, but it's about a company that records people's lives on DVDs. A customer (who randomly finds it; the location always changes) can look at his/her life or at the lives of people they have connections to. Every episode I've seen (1-7) has been well done. It's ~27 minutes too; great if you're busy right now.

The show itself ended recently (like a week or two ago), but the subs still aren't complete yet.
I'm currently watching the remake if Great Teacher Onizuka and I can highly recommend it. It's at least the best drama released this summer that I've watched.