Hi. I want to watch a character's journey type of drama. Like, for instance, The Flower in Prison where the lead girl goes from being a warden to spy to slave to clerk. 

Also looking for any historical k-drama which focuses on scenery and adventure, if there is one. I'm bored of endless back and forth political battles in the same boring studio backdrops. 

What about Jejoongwon? The male lead was a butcher who eventually became a physician in late Joseon/early Japanese occupation era. There's almost no court politics, even though it does have lots of jealous scholars/doctors who tried to trip down our lead :)
If you're looking for some dramas with alot of character growth I recommend these:

Jewel in the Palace 
Empress Ki (my all time favorite. She goes from being a slave to a palace maid to a concubine until finally she slays and becomes empress. Most bad ass character ever)
goddess of fire
one well-raised daughter
Hwang Jin Yi
Kings daughter soo baek hyang
queen seon deok
legend of hua mulan

As for historicals that don't involve political battles i'm sad to say are few and far between. you might try these though:

Perfect Couple (it isn't a Kdrama but it was still pretty good)
Damo
Gu family book (no politics and amazing scenery) 
arang and the magistrate 
Prince of Lan Ling (okay so there is some political stuff in here but the journey is great and there is alot of beautiful scenery)...also not a Kdrama but worth the watch

hope that helps =)
For historicals that focus on character journeys and have great visuals, check out Jumong (some politics, but lots of panoramic outdoor stuff too) or Emperor of the Sea (plot gets messy towards the end, but not set in a court and it's visually stunning).