Just something where the protagonist is on their way to becoming a celebrity like The Best Lee Soo Shin or Skip Beat. I'd like it if the MC didn't spend 50 episodes being treated like crap (Soo Shin) and had a backbone. Comedy would be preferred while romance and drama can be taken or left. I don't want melodrama though.

You might like Entourage.
I tried watching it but honestly the HBO version is just so much better that I couldn't finish it, that's on the right track though. I'd like something more about someone who is becoming a celebrity and their journey to being one. Though just something about a celebrity is fine too.
Have you seen You Who Came From the Stars? The main female is an actress.  Same with Queen In Hyun's Man. The only thing is, the acting part isn't really detrimental to the rest of the story.
I've seen the first and am watching the second, but I'm specifically looking for things like The Best Lee Soo Shin where they start off as a nobody and you get to watch their career grow. Another similar one though it's a minor subplot is in Something About 1% where there is a character who is trying to become a male idol.
Perseverance, Goo Hae Ra
Dream High
Shoot for the Stars

I have a list of Entertainment Industry dramas that may be helpful: http://mydramalist.com/list/V3WDXBn4
Shut Up: Flower Boy Band
Trot lovers
Best Lover (2016)
Entertainer (2016)
Fall In Love Like A Star (2015)
Full House (2014) Thai
So I Married an Anti-Fan (2016)
Wannueng Jaa Pben Superstar (2015) This is exactly what you're looking for
You Who Came from the Stars (2013)
Queen In Hyun's Man (2012)